MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Nabiel Haniff

Airport Visit - Khaled In Action

Congratulation to FO Khaled..Sorry late posting here..Rezeki anak baru dengan A330.. :) :) When are you report duty and ride A330??

Thanks for Nabiel for posting picture and provide video link last week..hehehe..Get SLR for better picture outcome.. :lol:

No money to buy SLR yet..

haha..

Thanks guys! Really appreciate it. I've started my course yesterday. First stage is the Computer Based Training (CBT). I'll be doing this routine until 22nd of Jan and on the 23rd is the Systems Exam. In two days I've covered the Aircraft General, APU, EIS-EFIS, AUTOFLIGHT and partially on EIS-ECAM. Damn the plane is very advance... The learning curve is steep and my head is spinning...hehe....

I slowly begin to like the plane despite the route and absence of IFE onboard.

Most of the stuff are alike just that the name has been changed to reflect different manufacturer.

E.g of same thing different name is the autopilot glareshield panel

Fokker 50 = Flight Mode Panel (FMP)

B737 = Mode Control Panel (MCP)

A330 = Flight Control Unit (FCU)

I'm yet to learn how to open and close the table. hehe...

For info, I'm not the only MW member doing the conversion, Dante the airbus pilot also now doing the B747 course. I also met with Capt Radzi which will be doing his basecheck soon. Stress time of the year yeah capt?

not forget to phrase during init take off roll "Manual Flex 55.... SRS RUNWAY..AUTOTHRUST BLUE....power set"

"before landing checklist complete..landing No Blue" kekekeke no green or purple on Ecam memo :p

BTW, SRS = Speed Reference System which will command the pitch bar to achieve V2+10 or V2 when when engine fails.

Auto Thrust Blue= Auto Thrust is in armed mode, ready to be engaged at acceleration altitude. Then move the Thrust Levers to CLB detent, and A/THR now turns white. :p

Semangat beb!!!

Khaled,from co-piloting the Fokkers,then the 734 and later upgraded to A330.Congratulations! :clapping:

Thanks guys! After experienced the first system intro in the sim, I've no regret going to this fleet. It definitely is 1 of the most beautiful design in commercial airplane, the cockpit itself is very spacious and the automation is awesome(please excuse my 'jakun'ness)hehe...

Be it 777,747 or A330, they don't matter much to me. I've gone thru the long way of becoming an airline pilot as compared to normal cadet and for me to get here, is something I've never thought I could achieved.

My dream goal is still far away and dunno whether it can be achieved or not but I believe the journey itself is the most interesting part, not the ultimate goal.

15012009245.jpg

My dream goal is still far away and dunno whether it can be achieved or not but I believe the journey itself is the most interesting part, not the ultimate goal.

Love to hear what is your dream..

By now I believe you become SFO kan instead of FO..

I here more 'jakun'ness when see the picture and read your A330 program here...

Thx for sharing and we here pray for your Maiden A330 Flight..