MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ignatius

The Worlds Most Isolated City v2.0 2009

May be interesting to note that usually a 767 towbar is used to push back the C-17's, as WAC don't like them reversing themselves, however yesterday's C-17 brought in a C-17 specific towbar to be based here, perhaps a sign of things to come.

Good info, Liam :good:

Here's a shot of the C-17 with its specific towbar

055145_070909_ypph_MW1.jpg

"Spirit of Ronald Reagan" of the 452ND Air Mobility Wing

055145_070909_ypph_MW.jpg

Thanks for viewing :drinks:

Thanks Greg :drinks: For night shots, I'll usually shoot in RAW format, white balance set to tungsten light, timer shutter release and using semi-auto mode(P).

F-stop : f/4.5

Exposure time : 4 seconds

ISO speed : ISO.100

Exposure bias : -0.7step

But the magic starts to happen by adjusting the White balance, color temperature & tint settings in the Adobe Camera Raw interface.

mirgd1.jpg

Edited by MIR

Hi Mir,

Thanks for your explanation on your settings for the C-17 night photos you took recently.

Would I be right in assuming that this would be the appropriate formula for all night photography, or would the settings vary depending upon the location ie: (indoor / outdoor), weather conditions, lens size etc...

If you could advise any further it would be appreciated.

Regards Greg

Greg, white balance settings vary depending upon your spot(indoor/outdoor), lighting conditions etc. I'll set to tungsten for shooting subjects under orange lights like at YPPH.

I'm just using the semi-auto mode for all my night shots at the moment. Still can't get the right settings on TV,AV & Manual.

Check out this one - Aviation Night Photography Guide :)

Perth Airport Parking Update:

As you know 3 vehicles had their wheels clamped for illegal parking in front of a newly constructed hangar

approx 3 weeks ago now, as a result of this I wanted some clarification to see whether or not we as aircraft

enthusiasts could or were able to park our vehicles without recrimination near this location.

A meeting was being hosted between Geoff Thomas, a Aviation Journo with our morning weekly newspaper and

airport operators WAC on Fri 4.09.09. As I had not heard back from Geoff since that date I decided to ask

what if anything came from the discussions held. His response from my e-mail posting earlier today is below:

Hi Greg and All:

I have been assured by Alana that we may park up the end of that roda BUT not in the car park where that

hangar is as that is private lease hold.

There may be some more works surrounding the fence and that fast folwing creek - but I am not sure.

However I am sure you are all aware there is another way to the mound via Great Eastern Highway.

The other day I was there and a guy was driving his Nissan XTrail along a track running his dog!!

So for the time being all is fine to park cars etc.

* I must emphasize his last few words "For the time being" all is fine to park* read into that what you will!

MIR:

Thanks for your reply on night photography, and hope to catch up out there one fine & sunny weekend soon!

Regards Greg

Just remember when parking on the road outside or near that building to be courteous and to leave enough room for vehicles (both cars & trucks) which may need to access the driveway as trucks turning circles are much wider than cars. Thanks goes to GT for his assistance in regards to the parking. Cheers Greg

Greg, I just got fined $110 just because I park at the 3 car sized unmarked parking spot across new hanger. I thought this has been resolved?

Greg, I just got fined $110 just because I park at the 3 car sized unmarked parking spot across new hanger. I thought this has been resolved?

Please ignore my quote. as i was really upset that time, i posted that right after i got fined using my Blackberry.

Ok the plan was to get RAAF 737BBJ ETA 1530 informed by MIR. Assumed everything is ok to park at the unmarked parking spot as the meeting held last week.

So i went there, i saw 1 mitsubishi lancer parked at the shoulder of the road as i heading towards the parking. I started to become a bit suspicious. then Black commodore SV park 200M ahead from this lancer. anyway, as i keeps monitoring from the mound area, i saw the parking man, i ran ran and ran thru all the bushes and muds all over... in the end. i got fine $110. i told him about the meeting that we are allowed to park here. He asked me do you have any proof that i can park there, i said "yes" from the website and i can show you now. He chuckles and tought i was joking. i even showed him what Greg stated in that meeting in MW using my phone. he read it and he said they never been told about this at all. So he asked to bring this up to the Collector of Public Monies at baker road. SO here's our bulis... mannnnn....

Because of this, i gave up to go back to catch the RAAF, it just totally put me down spotting and angry so i drove off.. <_<

anyway see pictures below.

This is the commodore i was talking about (probably spying on me car)

kantoi1.jpg

And this is the GREAT bulis who fined me.

kantoi2.jpg

So i would kindly to ask you Greg how can i dispose this ticket? Your help will be much much appreciated..... :help:

Brief ticket

Authorised Officer ID P0507

On Sunday 13/09/09 at 1500

Parked: Newton Rd

Desc: Stopping in a permit zone $110

You know which parking im talking about right its in the end of the road near new hanger? because i asked the guy where the sign saying that this is permitted?? he point me the sign far far away from my sight that i couldnt even see??? aparently the second last hanger before you reach the new hanger.. what the?? that far and you expect me to know that where i parked is not allowed? may as well put a Perth Airport signboard near Kalamunda area and the airport miles away from the sign board?? <_<

Edited by Min

Min,

Can you e-mail your last posting on MWings please, including ALL photos (as an attachment)

relating to you getting aparking fine TONIGHT.

I have spoken with Geoff Thomas who will be in contact with Alana at WAC tommorrow.

DONOT Pay the fine! We shall reverse the fine for you!

But please ring me ASAP Tonight 93093535 and e-mail everything as per your post

on MWings ASAP.

My E-Mail: b747spjet@hotmail.com

Regards Greg

Min, UPDATE:

I've copied & pasted your comments (minus photos) into a word document and have e-mailed them

direct to Geoff Thomas who will speak directly with Alana at WAC tommorrow who gave the

assurances enabling 'us' aircraft enthusiasts to park there without recriminations.

Please dont worry, rest assured all will be resolved in due course, please can you ring me

tommorrow between 9am - 2pm is best if you can , as I work shift work around those hours on

9309-3535 or after 6pm in the evening.

My e-mail as in my previous post is there if you need to contact me also. Look forward to

hearing from you tommorrow.

Regards Greg

Greg,

Good chat with you yesterday. I would like to say thank you for your concern re: this matter.

As disscussed, the ticket number: 20799.. :yahoo:

Can't wait to hear what they (WAC) say about this...

anyway, Cheers bud! looking forward for the summer sunshine soon.! :yahoo:

Regards

Min

UPDATE:

Been advised by Greg.W to ignore the ticket today. :p Im happy, glad, god knows! So i saved AUD110. i was thinking with that money i could buy dual battery pack for my nikon! :lol:

Problem has been resolved. And i'll continue going to "The Mound" for spotting in future. (when there's a sunlight)

Thanks Greg. :clapping:

Min, good to hear that your ticket issue was resolved. :drinks:

Now I can expect more shots from you in the future. ;)

Boeing C-40A "Clipper", Registration: 165833

'The Lone Star Express', Fleet Logistics Support Squadron Five Nine (VR-59) of the United States Navy.

The-Lone-Star-Express.jpg