Not looking good for this weekend. This may change thou <_>

Thursday Fine. Min 5 Max 16

Friday Evening showers. Min 5 Max 19

Saturday Few showers. Min 8 Max 17

Sunday Few showers. Min 7 Max 18

Monday Few showers. Min 9 Max 18

Tuesday Shower or two. Min 9 Max 18

So getting a tan at the beach is off the menu then. :p

reschedule.. get tanned in malaysia first hahahaha...

Guys,

Just a 'Warning' if you intend to visit the 'mound' at any time in the near future DONOT park your car and leave it unattended > 3 cars were wheel clamped earlier this week with an infringement fee payable A$150! for parking in a parking area in front of a newly constructed hangar.

We are seeking clarification from WAC at a meeting tommorrow 4/09 being held by enthusiast & newspaper journalist Geoff Thomas. When we have a clearer idea as to what the 'Go' is we will post accordingly.

If you choose to go to the 'mound' your only option is park in the carpark and walk.

This weekend's spotting perhaps might be best postponed till we get a response back from WAC.

Cheers Greg

Edited by Greg Wood

So we can't just parked at the newly constructed hangar for the time being? Which car park then do we have to park.. and i assume we have to pay for the car park right? Thanks in advance Greg :)

Thanks Greg for the alert, appreciate it. I always worried park my car there.

Darn it, that's the closest car park to the mound. :(

i dont know why they build a lil spot there for at least 3 cars can park there across the new hangar.

Ignatius, it looks like that's the only option. Park and pay. ;)

As mentioned by Greg, we'll have to wait and see what's the conclusion from tomorow meeting.

One can only presume the occupier of the newly constructed hangar with limited parking bays out the front has made a complaint and the parking 'police' have acted.

I think until we can a clear and concise message from WAC as to where we can park lawfully without intimidation I wouldnt be going there in the immediate future, unless of course your fit enough to walk a couple of Km's in both

directions to get there and back.

Perhaps an alternative in the meantime may by off Great Eastern Highway Bypass or nearby in the surrounding suburbs

to get your photographs.

Rest assured I get back to you when I hear back from Geoff, hopefully within a day or so.

Cheers Greg

Today's weather again, pretty poo. No mood for today really with cloudy and windy. Thought about going to Mound but worried about the clamping issue. Met MIR and Waiping on the way to the mound and they about to leave where im about to arrive. So had a quick chat in the middle of the road and they decided to go to Jandakot.

p/s Waiping, when are you going back to KL?

SO yeah, i drove to industrial area to get approach shots. im just expecting SIA and MAS so not many shots for today.

s1.jpg

Very strong wind today and check this out.... level up!

s02.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

Thanks! <_<

Wow.. MIR still a hardcore spotting tour guide despite the fasting month eh.. :good: :clapping:

Mound but worried about the clamping issue. Met MIR and Waiping on the way to the mound and they about to leave where im about to arrive.

Min, Great shots of Romeo Lima. I parked nearby the Perth Inflight Catering building, wanted to park at the regional terminal public carpark but its closed yesterday. The area around the mound was flooded+very very long walk from the carpark... need to bring an ATV to reach that spotting location next time :D

Wow.. MIR still a hardcore spotting tour guide despite the fasting month eh.. :good: :clapping:

Hehehe...We started at 0630 yesterday at the BBQ area, then moved to obs deck, gate 4, GA apron & the mound. Then Waiping & i went to Jandakot and we finished at the Bullcreek Aviation Musuem.

The 1000th Airbus A330 delivered, Thai Airways latest A330 (HS-TEP) was in Perth yesterday..

HSTEP_YPPH_060909.jpg

Hi Min,

I am going back on Thursday. The weather on Saturday was really unpredictable. Took only a few shots before being forced to change location either due to very strong and cold wind, or rain. Will try to post some shots if can as I don't have my potatoshop with me.

Cheers.

Hello Waiping,

I agreed with you. The weather quite smack bang on you :vava: especially you just arrived from Malaysia. If im in your position, i prolly couldnt handle it. too cold. i remembered after you guys left i park the car near hangar and as soon as i open the door, the wind pushed the door wide open.

Ah well, hopefully you enjoy yourself in Perth apart from the weather. ^_^ and dont have much chance to get to know ya.

soon i'll be going to KL this end of december. hope to see you there one day.

Cant wait to see what shots you got.

Regards

Min

MIR, Waiping, good to see you today. it was good sort of cold night. MIR, thanks for the info of the Globemaster again...

Liam, Thanks for the info... unfortunately i wont be able to stay that long tonight. Madam get really upset. <_< left her alone

anyway quick shot from me, and i believe MIR and Waiping will post some of theirs. :clapping:

1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

Min, Superb close-ups of the "Spirit of Ronald Reagan" :good: It is assigned to March Joint Air Reserve Base, California.

Last week we received the "Spirit of Enduring Freedom", based at Charleston AFB, South carolina.

0010196_030909_YPPHa.jpg

Liam, thanks for the heads up :drinks: Seems that Weststar delayed tonight, saw on the screen just now that it supposed to be 2130.

Btw, 4 heads tonight... (From right) South African Airways A346, Min, Waiping & me.

malaysianwings_cawangan_perth.jpg

Edited by MIR

Btw, 4 heads tonight... (From right) South African Airways A346, Min, Waiping & me.

Good one MIR for the 4 heads shot. :lol:

Yeah.. love the heads alot.. from heavy metal hair. to normal hair. to scarce hair hehehe.. nice.. :good:

MIR, hahahaa 4 head shots eh... :D

it was funny how all three of us have to stay smile like that with no movement at all until the shutter complete the job...

so just imagine like 6 secs of static smile. :rofl:

Li Ren, thanks for the comment.

I'd say in those 6 sec..the south african did the best non movement stills :p :rofl: