MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ignatius

The Worlds Most Isolated City v2.0 2009

Right turn climb after conducting an ILS miss approach.

airport_YPPH_120209.jpg

It's not always blue sky as some of you may think. But certain subject such as one below will always compel me driving to PER way. :rolleyes:

N419MC_YPPH_130209.jpg

Cheers. Thanks for viewing. :)

Hi all,

West Australia's oldest survivng aircraft the 'Silver Centenary' originally built by Selby Ford back in 1931, and until recently had been on display in Beverley Aviation Muesum until 2007, now has been fully restored and bought up to airworthy condition by Selby Ford's grandson Rod Edwards. This aircraft has had several test flights late last year but on Saturday 22.02.09 at 14.22hrs, the aircraft under Rod's command flew for the first time back to Beverley. A historical moment in West Australian Aviation history was rewritten on Saturday. Here are three images of its departure on Saturday and two other gems discovered that day.

37f75bfa.jpg

2-2.jpg

1-2.jpg

YAK 52W N18CY c/n 9111314 with CJ-6 Nanchang behind hanging on wall

11-1.jpg

Philippines registered Yak-18T RP-C1893 c/n 01-31 ex: RA-4440

8-1.jpg

Sorry not taken at Perth Airport, but still in WA.

Greg

Awesome radial-engines on these YAK's !!! :blink:

Some photos from today.

National Jet no more. Changed to COBHAM Aviation Services as a result of worldwide re-branding.

VH-JSJ_YPPH_060309.jpg

From this angle the ground clearance of these engines are so tiny!

A6-EWB_YPPH_060309.jpg

SQ's B777 service to PER is numbered as the new A330 will be introduced gradually starting from April.

9V-SRK_YPPH_060309.jpg

Ex-Heliconia (9M-MRD) operated MH124 back to KUL. Rumored to changed equipment to B738 in the near future. By then EK will be the only B777 operator in PER.

9M-MRD_YPPH_060309.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

Nice catch of Cobham's Dash 8. :good: They should print the Cobham title larger. SkyAirWorld will start flights from Perth to Christmas Island starting April 3...competitor for Cobham.

Are you sure MH wil use the B738 for both MH127 and MH125 ? I understood that the B738 would be used on the MH127/MH126 evening runs and the frequency will be added from the current 2x A330 to a 4x B738 and the MH125/MH124 run will remain using the B772.

Kianhong, nice clear shots from the isolated city. :clapping:

Make me envy over here with our Malaysian gloomy/rainy weather plus the bulis :aggressive:

Are you sure MH wil use the B738 for both MH127 and MH125 ? I understood that the B738 would be used on the MH127/MH126 evening runs and the frequency will be added from the current 2x A330 to a 4x B738 and the MH125/MH124 run will remain using the B772.

Hmm... you could be right. That's why I said rumored. What I heard is changes will be made in June. Thanks for pointing that out. :drinks:

"Xcalibur" was in Perth this morning :yahoo: Many thanks to Liam for the info :drinks:

Time: 0645LT

XAB_PER_060309.jpg

Ready for pushback

XABa_PER_060309.jpg

"Xcalibur" with Perth City in the background

IMG_7527.jpg

XABb_PER_060309.jpg

Edited by MIR

"Xcalibur" was in Perth this morning :yahoo: Many thanks to Liam for the info :drinks:

Fuyoh ... u so early!!! I was still in slumber land. Haha... Great catch! :drinks:

Kianhong, nice clear shots from the isolated city. :clapping:

Make me envy over here with our Malaysian gloomy/rainy weather plus the bulis :aggressive:

Thanks. Anyone thought of a program like this : Airport Watch? I was privilege enough last week to be invited by Greg W. to spotters meeting/slide nite. And listen to the discussions of establishing a Airport Watch program for PER. Officers from AFP were also invited. Very interesting discussion and this could be a possible solution to what's happening back in KUL - the bulis. Engage them. :pardon:

Fuuyoh.. Xcalibur in Perth.. Nice one MIR

Interesting to see the winglets (exterior) painted featuring the Union Jack & Malaysian Flags !

Anyone else spot this, and where's the aircraft name on the aircraft ???

Cheers Greg

where's the aircraft name on the aircraft ???

Cheers Greg

Greg, here is the aircraft's name..

xcaliber.jpg

XABc_PER_060309.jpg

XAB will be PER tomorrow morning too :)

Ohh good ... free tomorrow morning. Haven't been seeing a sunrise for quite some time, a good reason to wake up early. :pardon:

Thanks Sri Ramani. :drinks:

Wow... MIR, so hardcore ah... hehhe.. nice nice morning catch.. since home and airport is just minutes drive away...

But one question though, where did you park for your free parking? The bbq park area was sealed off!!