MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
T.Y. Bob LEE

Penang (WMKP/PEN) 2009

The other reason is probably to cater for their inaugural flight to London?

Very well done, Bob like the Union Flag on the tips there, and now we wait at this end for the first flight out from Stansted on the 11th of March ,, bet the spotters will b out there in force for that one.

David.

Thanks Bob ! :drinks: Superb shots of "Xcalibur" :clapping:

Superb shots! Any idea why does this aircraft have the British flag painted on the starboard side winglet, and the Malaysian flag painted on the port side winglet? The aircraft bears Malaysian registration, isn't it? :mellow:

- Vivek

Vivek, Virgin Group has some shares in AirAsia X..i think thats why it has the British flag on its winglet similar to Virgin Atlantic planes. The aircraft's rego is 9M-XAB.

Edited by MIR

Wednesday 04 March 2009

I just couldn't get enough of her, hence I went out to photograph her again operating AK6311. Runway direction was actually 22 but the pilots requested for 04, and hence I could get a rotation shot of her port side in decent light!

I love how gently she lifts off... as though she was landing and not taking off!

2009-03-041389M-XAB800.jpg

Oh yes, and I have been informed that 9M-XAB will also be operating PEN-KULvv tomorrow as AK6313 in the morning and AK6311 in the afternoon. Wilson, will you be back in time? After tomorrow, she will no longer be scheduled for PEN, hence everyone grab your last chance!!!

Blardy beautiful!.... Nice one Bob!... Thanks to Wilson for calling but I was running errand and was too late.

So, Bob, got any idea tomorrow morning and afternoon at what time the XAB leaving KUL?

Thanks for sharing the 340 of AKX, guys !!! :drinks:

Think the 330's look better, though... :sorry:

Let's not forget to 'terima kasih' captain Radzi for his 'revelation' shots from KLIA... :pardon:

Blardy beautiful!.... Nice one Bob!... Thanks to Wilson for calling but I was running errand and was too late.

So, Bob, got any idea tomorrow morning and afternoon at what time the XAB leaving KUL?

AK6312 KUL-PEN 0655h-0745h

AK6313 PEN-KUL 0810h-0900h

AK6310 KUL-PEN 1450h-1540h

AK6311 PEN-KUL 1605h-1655h

Does anyone know how long will this mini run continue?

Great A343 shots there Bob.

Anyway sorry for the late reply because lately i was busy after returning from a fruitful and exciting trip to PEN. I will like to thank Wilson, Sofian and Yusoff for their great hospitality that makes our trip there a Great trip! Hope to see u guys soon here in SIN. :drinks:

May i present my favourite shot for the trip:

P1060144.jpg

Beautiful shots Bob . . . looks like you are having a great balance of work and hobby in Penang. Lovely shots of the AirAsia X A340 . . . in the meantime, 9M-XAA is still sitting at SASCO yesterday.

KC Sim

Thursday 05 March 2009

Thanks everyone!

I didn't feel satisfied with what I got yesterday... so I was out to photograph 9M-XAB again this morning operating AK6313 (PEN-KUL). Slightly better lighting today, and here goes...

2009-03-05289M-XAB800.jpg

2009-03-05379M-XAB800.jpg

I was told that the aircraft was declared AOG after arrival in KUL, and subsequent planned PEN-KUL sectors were cancelled. Can anyone at KUL verify this?

Great Shots Bob... :good: :good: :good:

Walter... u change Fung Shui location to Pen liau ah???

Edited by KS Ong

Walter why in PEN? Fed up to spot in KLIA ka :lol::rofl::lol::rofl:

2nd pic got cow some more kekekekkeek..

Edited by Simon

Same plane with Bob's, but with COW.

Holy COW... nice Walter... makes u wonder where the term "Holy COW" originates from.. spotters??!! hehe :blink: