MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
T.Y. Bob LEE

Penang (WMKP/PEN) 2009

77F

=O!!

Wow IF this rumor come true, AF with brand new B77F,, more than willing ride my bike for 50 km journey to KUL to spot her, IF she come to KUL.. :) :)

Anyway to Sofian,, you need to improve your skill on zooming the plane and please use size of 800 pix width so the picture look nice and big..Baru pUaasssss...hehehe..Keep improve day by day Pyan.. :clapping:

Sofian,

You'd better get them all 4 as soon as possible: KL, as well as AF and MP will park 2 Freighters each 'in the desert' (MHV or VCV), due to the economic crisis... :(

Rumours are too, that AF will take-over the KL freighter operation to KUL/PEN :blink:

Wow have chance to 'catch' it

sofian hang pakai 18-135 ka~?

aku guna 70-300

77F

=O!!

manyak syiookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Wow IF this rumor come true, AF with brand new B77F,, more than willing ride my bike for 50 km journey to KUL to spot her, IF she come to KUL.. :) :)

Anyway to Sofian,, you need to improve your skill on zooming the plane and please use size of 800 pix width so the picture look nice and big..Baru pUaasssss...hehehe..Keep improve day by day Pyan.. :clapping:

ok boss.. thanks for the tips.. btw i still gayat when using ladder

Edited by M. Sofian H.

ok boss.. thanks for the tips.. btw i still gayat when using ladder

Be careful while using ladder...or else you will end up falling to the ground.

Be careful while using ladder...or else you will end up falling to the ground.

Use of tall stool lagi syiok... :good: ;)

Hi! Had a wonderful spotting trip to PEN via KUL on the 28th of Feb . Before I begin sharing my selected pictures during our spotting session. Let me first thank Wilson Loh, Sofian and Yusoff for the hospitality and assistance. Its been great spotting with you guys!

Plus the Weather was perfect for spotting! Wilson! the pictures you shot too sharp ar?? hahahah

Lovely rotation! Thai Airways

IMG_3006.jpg

Close up! EVA

IMG_3072.jpg

And a very very common subject back home! None other than the SQ777-212ER

IMG_3135.jpg

To be continued.. Editing :rofl:

XAB serviced the KUL-PEN-KUL route today! anyone caught her? first ever revenue flight @ test flt :)

I CANNOT believe I missed her!!! Which flight was she operating? I only saw 9M-AHO this morning!

Edit: 5 seconds after I sent the above message, I received SMS confirming arrival of 9M-XAB on 04MAR09 on line check at approximately 0720h. Ramani, can you confirm she operated to PEN on 03MAR09?

Edited by T.Y. Bob LEE

9M-XAB is on a PEN spree today!

AK6312/6313 ETD KUL 06:55

AK6318/6319 ETD KUL 11:10

AK6310/6311 ETD KUL 14:50

AK5374/5375 ETD KUL 19:35

catch her whilst you can, and I am probably just going to take AK6310 and come back on AK5375 just to feel the new A340!

Why ??? Why ???? Why ??? Why always some special when I am away from PEN. When I am back at PEN, same old traffic again. @#!$$!$%#@$#@%$##$%

catch her whilst you can, and I am probably just going to take AK6310 and come back on AK5375 just to feel the new A340!

Penang spotters, please load your weapon :rofl::lol:

Is XAB coming to KUL?

Wednesday 04 March 2009

Weather wasn't expected to be good this morning and I had no intention to take photographs until I received so many messages last night from a huge number of you friendly folks about 9M-XAB coming to PEN today. Well... I set up my alarm to ring really early and I just could not sleep properly because I was so afraid that I would miss the alarm (which happens very frequently)!

Well... here we go... first one... TF-AAB...

2009-03-042TF-AAB800.jpg

And then I popped back into the car waiting for 9M-XAB to push back. I saw an A300 landing... and I figured that it was properly the boring old Air Hong Kong B-LDA/B/C/D/E/F/G/H, all of which I've photographed already. But as I peered out of my car window to look closer... I realized the tail wasn't yellow... it was something else!!! WHAT THE!!!!!!!??????????? I literally dived out of my car to photograph this beast TC-ABK.

2009-03-049TC-ABK800.jpg

I think I have mentioned somewhere on this thread before (perhaps the 2008 thread) that I thought I saw from the terminal a non-standard scheme A300 operating for Air Hong Kong. I have been on the lookout for it ever since but never saw it again, so I had resigned to the fact that I was disillusioned back then. But hey! This aircraft came back today and viola!!! Even though I got it in bad light, at least we have proof that AHK has leased a A300 from somewhere else. Something to look out for from now on and pray for good light when we next see her!

Finally... AK6313... what a beauty even in poor light!

2009-03-04489M-XAB800.jpg

Once again, thanks to all who have messaged me, especially Ramani, for making this possible! This is why this hobby is so enjoyable even in a slow-moving airport like PEN!

The union jack looks a bit odd.

Wow, rare A300. First time landed in PEN?

Nice XAB take-off....btw, what is 'CAPA'?

It is Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA) Award.. :drinks:

Will she still be operating it to PEN for today only or for a period of time?

Bob nice catch!! of the A340! :)

AKX A340 Livery Tak Cantek Lah~!!

Bob Nice catch. Lovely traffic in bad weather. :good:

Thanks Bob!

The union jack looks a bit odd.

Agree. They ran out of space. :rofl:

Wow! Field day for Penang spotters!

Superb shots! Any idea why does this aircraft have the British flag painted on the starboard side winglet, and the Malaysian flag painted on the port side winglet? The aircraft bears Malaysian registration, isn't it? :mellow:

- Vivek

Superb shots! Any idea why does this aircraft have the British flag painted on the starboard side winglet, and the Malaysian flag painted on the port side winglet? The aircraft bears Malaysian registration, isn't it? :mellow:

- Vivek

I guess the reason of having the flag there because of Sir Richard Branson.

Very nice Bob, I wish I was there to shoot as well.

I just reached Bukit Mertajam after traveling back from KL.