MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
T.Y. Bob LEE

Penang (WMKP/PEN) 2009

Any info the RAAF Wedgetail at PEN for an military exercise or as stop over point??And what is the main function of such bit "weird look" RAAF aircraft??

Exercise Cope Taufan is going on at the moment till next Friday between USAF(8 x F-15s) & RMAF. Not so sure bout the RAAF Wedgetail, rumoured that it is heading to DXB to participate in the Dubai Air Show 2009 which starts tomorrow. The 'weird' thing mounted on the fuselage is an Airborne Early Warning and Control radar.

Edited by MIR

Exercise Cope Taufan is going on at the moment till next Friday between USAF(8 x F-15s) & RMAF. Not so sure bout the RAAF Wedgetail, rumoured that it is heading to DXB to participate in the Dubai Air Show 2009 which starts tomorrow. The 'weird' thing mounted on the fuselage is an Airborne Early Warning and Control radar.

Thank you MIR for the info and explanation.

Bob,

Wedge tail...rotate...do you know where it went?

Mini Awacs.

Radzi,

Step ladder...yucks..

Both engine has this bulging fairing on its engine cowl.

Extra generator maybe.

Not so sure bout the RAAF Wedgetail, rumoured that it is heading to DXB to participate in the Dubai Air Show 2009 which starts tomorrow.

Confirmed..the RAAF Wedgetail is currently at DXB for the Dubai Air Show. Hope that it pops into Penang again next Friday/Saturday on its way back to Australia :pardon:

Kudos for the effort, Bob (cancelling all appointments). Great reward there. :good:

What an awful lot of sensors on one little plane...

A friend saw a C-17 took off from PEN this morning. Any idea? And I saw one on approach to BWH last Sunday while at the Penang Bridge toll.

A friend saw a C-17 took off from PEN this morning. Any idea? And I saw one on approach to BWH last Sunday while at the Penang Bridge toll.

Could be the C-17 come to pick-up crews and logistic of 44th or 67th FS whom did Cope Taufan 2009 exercise with TUDM at Butterworth AFB,which will end tomorrow.. :pardon: :pardon:

Saw this at the GA apron early this morning.

YJLGF_PEN.jpg

I think they departed early, just after 7 am.

Capt any info what kind of a/c it is? look sooooooooo weird..hehe..again weird bird from me :sorry:

Capt any info what kind of a/c it is? look sooooooooo weird..hehe..again weird bird from me :sorry:

Its a Britten Norman Trislander. No idea who it belongs to though. Need to do more searching but dun have time!

Its a Britten Norman Trislander. No idea who it belongs to though. Need to do more searching but dun have time!

Thank you Flee...I had search thru rego but cant find it and I dont have much search engine option to find it in detail.

Saturday 28 November 2009

9M-TAK operating for FY2089 PEN-SZB

2009-11-2839M-TAK900.jpg

There's a private B727 parked at Bay 15. Not sure if it's N800AK.

And a reminder to all that SQ's last flight will be on 30NOV09. SilkAir will replace SQ191 as MI351 effective 01DEC09.

Wanna ask you guys here,how many ATR 72 currently operated by Berjaya Air?

9M-TAG was delivered on 10 Aug 2009. Don't think the second one has arrived yet.

Berjaya Air now operates scheduled flights SZB - PEN?