MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
T.Y. Bob LEE

Penang (WMKP/PEN) 2009

DSC07025s800.jpg

First, something from the ordinary in good light. Thank you Chaity for paying the electricity bills :p

DSC06999s800.jpg

Cathay Pacific Cargo flight in the morning ? First time for me to see her in the morning

DSC07065s800.jpg

Omega Tanker departing. Dedicated to Bob, thanks for the info :D

DSC07115s800.jpg

Lion 734 ? First time for me in PEN :)

DSC07136s800.jpg

Haj flight to MED. The Beredar team was enjoying the view as well. They were supervising the maintenance workers which carrying out repairs at the access road.

DSC07101s800.jpg

This is the deep syte I got into. Nearly half of my legs went into the mud when I was walking towards the spot. I nearly lost my Crocs and I have to dig it out from the mud. (YUCKSSSS!!!) <_ when i got both side of my sandal out and found one the strap is broken because clip that holds missing. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_devil%20finger.gif" alt=":finger:"> Thank God I got it replaced for free when I brought it to the retail shop.

Spotting at PEN is rather 'interesting' because I have to dress up in camouflage to blend well with the piles of sand. Not only that, I have to do the 'commando' style to hide from the 'enemies'. :finger: I was not caught this time. <_>

Wow! Well done Wilson! Great shots of N707MQ and 9M-MPL!

PEN spotters, I have fresh info that N707MQ will be departing on Saturday 24OCT09 at 1000h, and won't be returning anymore. Darn... I won't be around... but it's a good chance for you all to catch her. Hope the weather is good and I look forward to seeing the shots from you guys!

Good catch there Yusoff & Wilson. :clapping:

I could see that the lighting there was like a yo-yo. <_>

Let me clarify one thing, this --> Power Disruption has nothing to do with me. :p

Wilson & other PEN spotters could come out with a book called "PEN plane-spotting survivor guide" =@

This is the deep syte I got into. Nearly half of my legs went into the mud when I was walking towards the spot. I nearly lost my Crocs and I have to dig it out from the mud. (YUCKSSSS!!!) <_ when i got both side of my sandal out and found one the strap is broken because clip that holds missing. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_devil%20finger.gif" alt=":finger:"> Thank God I got it replaced for free when I brought it to the retail shop.

Spotting at PEN is rather 'interesting' because I have to dress up in camouflage to blend well with the piles of sand. Not only that, I have to do the 'commando' style to hide from the 'enemies'. :finger: I was not caught this time. <_>

Anything for that A.net moment shot. :p

Now PEN also has beredar team? Since when? Pardon my ignorance...

No way spotters are stepping on WMKP premises, right?

The beredar thing started last year. Baim was the first case at PEN told to beredar :p

Back then the Beredar wasn't that notorious as like today, sometimes explaining what you are doing to them and they will just leave you in peace.

Now the Beredar virus is just as serious as KUL, you will keep seeing them constantly patrolling the perimeter :angry:

PEN spotters, I have fresh info that N707MQ will be departing on Saturday 24OCT09 at 1000h, and won't be returning anymore.

Omega Tanker departed Penang to Darwin, Australia today.

the sound that the engines of the boeing 707 created yesterday...beats all other aircraft types even including boeing 747 (fighter jets excluded)

The beredar thing started last year. Baim was the first case at PEN told to beredar :p

Back then the Beredar wasn't that notorious as like today, sometimes explaining what you are doing to them and they will just leave you in peace.

Now the Beredar virus is just as serious as KUL, you will keep seeing them constantly patrolling the perimeter :angry:

Oh, my... This is the state of affair now a days, huh... Haven't been back to PEN for years and now spotting is difficult...

We do have the right to be at the perimeter as long as we don't enter the airport compound or temper with the fence... The surau area near Rwy 22 threhold is definitely not of the airport premise, I believe... Or is there a particular spot which belongs to the airport?

Last Thursday morning, my colleague, while waiting for my plane to arrive, he waited at the road next to the General Apron that leads to the departure/arrival section of PEN. One of the airport police (in uniform) came knocking on the car's window and asked him to leave. He (the Buli) told him that a new 'directive' mentioned that no car should be at near the GA. What bulls**t! Not to cause big fuss early in the morning, my colleague just moved to the car park exit on the opposite side. Those bulis are just getting on our nerves.

My colleague and I drove company's 4WD that registered under the company. Being a company registered vehicle (which requires a GDL licence just like driving a 1 tonne lorry), the use of seatbelt is not necessary. We were driving through the airport one day and was stopped by those bast*rds and they argued that we should wear the seatbelt. Slightly angered, my colleague nonchalantly asked one of the Bulis: Encik ni baru kerja ke?!! [are you new and just started working?!]. He felt the insult being spitted on him, a small argument heated up between him and the Buli. Realized that he was stupidly mistaken, he let us go with a warning. Pfffttt...! As if we did something wrong!... Those Bulis in PEN are sooooo irritating nowadays...!

Was at the airport this morning on CX692, as the plane taxi to the runway, I saw a USAF KC-10 Extender also lining up for take off...anyone saw it ?

What a pity I only came back this morning on 3K673 (VH-VGZ). But still managed to see this (82-0192):

2009-11-09382-0192800.jpg

Apologies for the lousy image quality! Shot through the tinted glass using a compact!

What a pity I only came back this morning on 3K673 (VH-VGZ). But still managed to see this (82-0192):

Apologies for the lousy image quality! Shot through the tinted glass using a compact!

Nice catch...by the same i saw it was already too late to take any pix....wonder what was it doing here

Saw this in PEN today. And KLAS has to spoil the picture with their steps!

N3988C.jpg

PEN spotters please try to get it on the runway.

SUPERB catch of the RAAF Wedgetail, Radzi & Bob :clapping: It flew to Penang from Amberley Air Force Base(Queensland,Australia) via Darwin.

Edited by MIR

SUPERB catch of the RAAF Wedgetail, Radzi & Bob :clapping: It flew to Penang from Amberley Air Force Base(Queensland,Australia) via Darwin.

Realise that PEN often become stop over point for military a/c...I personally believe RMAF Butterworth AFB able to accommodate such aircraft kan??

Any info the RAAF Wedgetail at PEN for an military exercise or as stop over point??And what is the main function of such bit "weird look" RAAF aircraft??

BTW thanks Capt Radzi and Bob for the pix...

Realise that PEN often become stop over point for military a/c...I personally believe RMAF Butterworth AFB able to accommodate such aircraft kan??

Any info the RAAF Wedgetail at PEN for an military exercise or as stop over point??And what is the main function of such bit "weird look" RAAF aircraft??

BTW thanks Capt Radzi and Bob for the pix...

Still has boeing/usa rego. Wonder why?