MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
T.Y. Bob LEE

Penang (WMKP/PEN) 2009

Wow,amazing EVA Air..I wish I could spotting in such places,anyway which airport is this?? :)

Edited by Li Ren

Fuyoh! It's like railroad crossing!

LeeCH,

Swiss car plates are white; Dutch ones are yellow ;)

BR took-off from runway 36L (Polderbaan) @ EHAM...

Nice shots,Tze Shan :good: . should play with text books in study week but you play with fishy eye ahhh :p

This thread has gone dead... well not very surprising considering the recent subjects here at PEN.

Well gentlemen, a reminder that this Sunday 31 May 2009 will be your last chance to capture SQ195 (note that there is no SQ195 on Saturdays) in evening light. Grab your opportunity if the weather permits.

Effective 01 June 2009, SQ195 and SQ197 will be replaced by MI355 and MI357 respectively.

There will be an inaugural ceremony on 01 June 2009 to welcome the first flight. Aircraft planned as 9V-SLK and will receive a water canon salute just prior to entering Bay 09. Due to the inaugural programme, MI355/01JUN09 will be retimed to depart slightly later, at 1750LT instead of 1725LT.

Have fun!

You guys have fun shooting MI, I am already at KL and going down to kampar to further my studies soon.

Wilson, all the best to you with your studies. :drinks:

How many years you will be in Kampar ?

BTW, it is not that far from KUL. :p

Too bad.... I'll be around Johor this whole week beginning Monday 1/6. Work-related... :(

Hope to see great pictures from PEN MWingers this Monday... :drinks:

2009-06-01429V-SLK800.jpg

The inaugural MI356 from Singapore to Penang, receiving the water canon salute while taxiing into Bay 9. Of course, which aircraft other than 9V-SLK to grace the occasion? 9V-SLK is the newest in the fleet and SLK happens to also be the ICAO 3-letter designation for SilkAir.

Welcome to Penang!

Thanks Bob, that is one important photo you got there. :good:

Another history in the making photo found in MWings ! :yahoo: