MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
T.Y. Bob LEE

Penang (WMKP/PEN) 2009

Monday 09 February 2009

AY1963 OH-LBT RVN-AMD-PEN

2009-02-0988OH-LBT800.jpg

BTW if you guys haven't realised, 3Y has been cancelled until further notice since 01Feb09. JT has cancelled 2 out of 3 flights daily, and Riau and Batavia ain't coming anymore. SQ196/195 cancelled on Mondays, Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Edited by T.Y. Bob LEE

Great to see the 738 in action in MH's fleet. :-)

Any pics of the interiors so far? Also, any idea about the inflight product? (IFE, seat colours, etc)

- Vivek

Wow, these Lapponians must be so 'happy' to be away from 24 hrs of darkness and -20 degrees weather ;)

No wonder they take it for granted to 'suffer' 15+ hours on a narrow-body... :blink:

Interesting to see the flight by-passes Helsinki...

Beautiful catch of MH 738, Bob. Any idea if MH plans to fly her to SIN? btw what is Setia Pearl Island on the backdrop of the Srivijaya shot? Thank you.

that's very nice! and i still wonder why is the tail logo so small...

Was informed that the tail for a B738 is bigger that on a B737. Thus the smaller logo, no?

Saturday 21 February 2009

The following were seen from 0800h to 1100h:

PH-CKB, HL7600, B-6160, HS-TAW, 9V-SVO, 9M-AHO, 9M-AFO, B-16109, PK-YGR, N523FE, N456FE, PK-CJW, PK-LMY, 9M-MQB

That shows how pathetic it is over here... 14 aircraft in 3 hours. Absolutely nothing compared to the stuff our friends are getting in KUL or SIN (I'm absolutely green with envy at the recent shots of the Omega Tanker DC10, Cardig Air B73F and Mandala's A320 at Changi). Anyway... here's a little selection from today:

2009-02-20124PK-YGR800.jpg

2009-02-201919M-AHO800.jpg

At 6.30pm I still see that Tri M.G 727 parked at the remote bay near tower, just curious why it didn't depart back to Indonesia yet.

Bob did you happen to meet up any Mwings member

Ibrahim?

Someone very naughty, quietly come to PEN to chiong

At 6.30pm I still see that Tri M.G 727 parked at the remote bay near tower, just curious why it didn't depart back to Indonesia yet.

Bob did you happen to meet up any Mwings member

Ibrahim?

Someone very naughty, quietly come to PEN to chiong

Nope... didn't see anyone. Where was he?

BTW, PK-YGR has been operating for UPS over the past few days.

Oh yes... before I forget again, Kartika will resume flights effective 23Feb. Hopefully they come back with different aircraft!