MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Nabiel Haniff

Private Cadet

Hi Mwingers!

I am turn 18 this year.

Haha..

I just want to let you know that SPM result will announce in late February or early March.

I don't know whether I can get the flying colours result or otherwise. I need to survey about study loan because if I not selected in MH / AK cadets,

I need to tell my parents to sponsor me at their own :D

RHB Bank offers maximum study loan at RM500k.Their financing coverage are Course fees , All related expenses, and Insurance premium.

Its interest rate is BLR + 1.25%. For more info click here

In another hand,Bank Rakyat also offers max study loan at RM200k but the loan is just for their panels.So,Asia Pacific Flight Training is out of their list.

Lastly,may I know when MH and AK cadet intakes for 2009?

Anybody who planned to be a cadet / private cadet this year,please reply or PM me. Perhaps,we can share knowledges or tips or related topics.

Thats all I wanna share. I hope I can get any tips or advises here.

Thank you.

Edited by Nabiel Haniff

Try MARA loan since you're a bumiputra :)

OT

Looks like he'll follow the 'Halim' route... :rolleyes:

/OT

Being an airline cadet is still the best way to be an airline pilot. Unfortunately, for MH at least, they have excess pilots right now so I don't think there will be any cadet pilot intake soon. Not so sure about AK though. Keep on looking for the advertisements.

Going to the flying school as a private student is okay, but remember that airlines put the first priority on their own cadets. Meaning, if they have excess cadets, they will not hire any private students.

Taking a loan of almost a quarter of a million ringgit, without any job guarantee, is not very advisable. Even if you end up with the airline, the monthly payment to the bank will take out a huge chunk of your future income.

Think wisely.

slowly lah Nabiel.

Cadet pilot cut off age is at age 28. Get a degree and go by the flow. You will get it if you're destined to get it.

slowly lah Nabiel.

Cadet pilot cut off age is at age 28. Get a degree and go by the flow. You will get it if you're destined to get it.

Yup..

But its take a long time bro.

If I get a Diploma first? What your opinions?

But,in what course?

I really confuse right now

depends on your interest and capabilities. No one can ever tell you what to do :). What are your interests.

Young man, sabarlah hehehehe :) you have 99999 years til the end of your life, nothing is too long. You can go form6 while you wait for cadetship also :).

Edited by Walter Sim

depends on your interest and capabilities. No one can ever tell you what to do :). What are your interests.

Young man, sabarlah hehehehe :) you have 99999 years til the end of your life, nothing is too long. You can go form6 while you wait for cadetship also :).

haha..

I dont know my interest in what course..

form 6? I dont want to go form 6..( Pra U Junior )

adui...

then use this period, 3 months period while you wait for your results to search for your soul. Find out what you like...

adui...

then use this period, 3 months period while you wait for your results to search for your soul. Find out what you like...

Hurm..

I have 3 options.

First and major option : PILOT!

Second : In aviation industry ( FA,Aviation Engineer,and etc )

Third : TESL ( Teaching English in Second Languange )..

I don't know what is the best for me because my opt for my major option..

Flight attendant is quite good,but I don't know whether my parents give me permission or not to join FA..

Help! Help !

My major plan also want to be a pilot..have a degree but not in engineering..but now my plan only a dreams...working in telco industry..the cost to be a pilot quite huge..now my age was going up to 28...may be planning for my sons...heheh..PILOT still in my heart...!!!

(Sedih woo...)

My major plan also want to be a pilot..have a degree but not in engineering..but now my plan only a dreams...working in telco industry..the cost to be a pilot quite huge..now my age was going up to 28...may be planning for my sons...heheh..PILOT still in my heart...!!!

(Sedih woo...)

Being a simulator pilot also can be considered as pilot, so don't worry so much.. Besides, when you are ''working'', pay 100% attention en it so you will be more enjoyable . :drinks:

Edited by Li Ren

Being a simulator pilot also can be considered as pilot, so don't worry so much.. Besides, when you are ''working'', pay 100% attention en it so you will be more enjoyable . :drinks:

YEAH..you re Li Ren..2009 is a tough year to find a new JOB. :yahoo:

(Sedih woo...)

Do whatever job with full attention and skill.

huhu..

wish me luck to be a pilot soon. :D

i wonder about this mara loan..how does it actually works? could i simply go to medan mara building then go ask for scholars for cadet pilot :blink: ive heard this mara loan thingy before.........but up till now still wonder, do we need to apply online or what.....mr thread owner, once u get the answer do share with me..in the meantime i'll also seek for this matter too....deal :)

i wonder about this mara loan..how does it actually works? could i simply go to medan mara building then go ask for scholars for cadet pilot :blink: ive heard this mara loan thingy before.........but up till now still wonder, do we need to apply online or what.....mr thread owner, once u get the answer do share with me..in the meantime i'll also seek for this matter too....deal :)

I also wonder bout this mara loan.

The best way to get loan is my Pa&Ma loan or bank loan..

haha..

but,the best2 way is...airlines' cadet!

The best way sure is to get the Airline Cadet Pilot loan.

Private is quite risky if did not get job after graduate, especially for those that making a bank loan and their house as collateral,

Emmm Yes I,,i can confirm that MARA offer loan for student who want to enroll to flying school..my friend's cousin get MARA loan around MYR220k and now he at Melaka for PPL..But i not really sure which part of loan he apply..I'll try ask my friend later about this..

Emmm Yes I,,i can confirm that MARA offer loan for student who want to enroll to flying school..my friend's cousin get MARA loan around MYR220k and now he at Melaka for PPL..But i not really sure which part of loan he apply..I'll try ask my friend later about this..

Good Ashmil!

We are waiting your reply soon.

Thanks btw!

Hey guys!

I want to know about the flying academy in Malaysia and Australia as well.

As I know,GGIFA is the cheapest among all Malaysia's flying academy.

GGIFA,overall cost is around RM199k meanwhile APFT,MFA,HMA,overall cost is around +- RM230k.

I heard about Australia's flying academy but I have no info about this.

My questions are :

1. Between Malaysia and Australia Academy,which one is the lowest fees ?

2. Australia academy get the DCA approval or not ?

Thanks for your kindly reply

Foreign License NOT RECOGNIZE. You'll have to do a conversion once you come back. Those days conversion cost aroun 50K, now should be close to 90K. Good luck!

Foreign License NOT RECOGNIZE. You'll have to do a conversion once you come back. Those days conversion cost aroun 50K, now should be close to 90K. Good luck!

Thats mean all overal cost will higher?

But,from I heard,Australia is approve by DCA..

Thats mean all overal cost will higher?

But,from I heard,Australia is approve by DCA..

No such thing bro. You have to come back and do your conversion here if you do ur flying in AU.