MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Norman

KUL 32L in 2009

From that view, what is wrong watching/spotting aircraft landing from there???

its very, very, very wrong as there might be some lunatic who would shot down an a/c on approach (the mentality and assumption of Bolehland BULIS and MAB Beredar). :finger:

As i've said before, that terrorist who want to shoot down a plane in KLIA must have really low self esteem. Want to shoot try bigger airport mah

As i've said before, that terrorist who want to shoot down a plane in KLIA must have really low self esteem. Want to shoot try bigger airport mah

HAHAHAHAHAHA :drinks:

:angry: Why is it after almost 10years MAHB cant get their act together!!!Why cant they alocate a good location whithin the peremeter of the airport for people like us to enjoy!Even if i need a pass i dont mind as long as they can keep track who and who is where at any given time then main kejar kejar going after these harmless people with a very interesting hobby!! :lol:

Hi guys & gals

Just wandering who is spotting who here? :good:

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd162/5...090222_8906.jpg

PS. Sorry I it was not planned!

A6-EYG 22 Feb 09

nice view of the treshold area from your office bro. :drinks: unfortunately that area has been designated as a restricted area by the over zealous MAB Beredar team and the RMP Bulis. :finger: any M'sian flying A6-EYQ on 21/02/09? :pardon:

Phil: someone should send thestar and NST and those dailies letters to ask MAHB why.

Maybe you can be the first? :D

I don't think MAB, police or the press know what a planespotter is. Locally this is a new hobby with relatively few participants. If anybody can introduce the hobby of planespotting to the press and authorities, so much the better.

BTW Shidin, copilot sector ka? Or autoland?

Edited by Radzi

We should get star metro or weekend star to spend or weekend with us ha ha ha

Not a bad idea at all. Anybody can make arrangement for that? For MW 4th anniversary perhaps?

Whoaa..Shidin,next time bring longer lens..can definitely see who's the planespotter.Thats a planespotter's perspective of a planespotter from a plane..hell,I confuse myself!! :D :lol:

Master Yoda,

Aku nak pinjam Myn nya 200-400 sambung pakai adapter..... dia tak kasi heh heh heh........ dia tengah sibuk nak tunjuk greaser landing ha ha ha ha

Pass tu dia takut aku switch camp

errr by the way any photo from the spotted planespotter by the planespotter of the planespotter :huh:

or in a simple word any photo of us from you guys

do post or pm me for the files,

thanks in advance

I don't think MAB, police or the press know what a planespotter is. Locally this is a new hobby with relatively few participants. If anybody can introduce the hobby of planespotting to the press and authorities, so much the better.

BTW Shidin, copilot sector ka? Or autoland?

Myn punya sector.......... Malam ni aku punya nak tunjuk kat dia 10mls final 235 kts/2000'....... heh heh heh

Tu pun kalau ATC kasi......

:rolleyes: Radzi i think you are right!!!May be Malaysian Wings should educate them what plane spotting is all about and just may be the will issue a lifetime pass to all Malaysian Wings members!!!Perhaps if they know who we are why should they sibuk sibuk lagi ha!!! :yahoo:

Myn punya sector.......... Malam ni aku punya nak tunjuk kat dia 10mls final 235 kts/2000'....... heh heh heh

Tu pun kalau ATC kasi......

Wahh... this will using airbus / boeing?

simple, over-estimated! :good:

Sigh.

I tried to loiter around 32L to catch a glimpse of D7's A343 (correct right?) but i think its either delayed or i am just to impatient to wait for it.

I waited long enough to managed to have both the Bulis AND the Beredar team to ...shoo me away. I only parked at the side of the road, so they didnt ask me for my details or anything.

While parked, i saw at MAS engineering the planes parked there was numerous - ranging from 734s to 744s, even the 742 of MasKargo.

At hanger #6(?), i even saw 4!! planes parked in for Maintainence i presume. Will MAS ground this many of their planes to offset the economic crisis, or this is a normal MRO cycle?

Also, i saw one of the 738s parked next to the 742. Not sure of the rego though.

I think someone should write an article in the newspaper highlighting who are spotters and what we do. Among some of the indirect benefits from us is introducing local airport such as KLIA as not only an airport, but a tourist attraction. Our posting here has put KLIA as one of the places to visit for plane spotting and this brings in foreign tourist, like Uncle Pieter. Some of our spotters had also gain recognition as top notch photography as evidence on A.net.

This issue is similar to backpacking when the trend first appeared in Malaysia. During those time nobody knows how to handle this group of tourist. Our 5-star hotel doesn't allow their guest to just sleep at the corner. Now it is an accepted form of tourism and almost everything is geared towards this, bunk beds, shared bathroom, cybercafe charging RM2/hour etc.

I think someone should write an article in the newspaper highlighting who are spotters and what we do. Among some of the indirect benefits from us is introducing local airport such as KLIA as not only an airport, but a tourist attraction. Our posting here has put KLIA as one of the places to visit for plane spotting and this brings in foreign tourist, like Uncle Pieter. Some of our spotters had also gain recognition as top notch photography as evidence on A.net.

This issue is similar to backpacking when the trend first appeared in Malaysia. During those time nobody knows how to handle this group of tourist. Our 5-star hotel doesn't allow their guest to just sleep at the corner. Now it is an accepted form of tourism and almost everything is geared towards this, bunk beds, shared bathroom, cybercafe charging RM2/hour etc.

Any volunteer for the benefits of all M'Wingers since my English is not that good ?? :drinks:

Guys,

I'll try and see if I can get a journalist from The Star to help us out in relation to this spotting interest.

No promises, but I'll try.

Guys,

I'll try and see if I can get a journalist from The Star to help us out in relation to this spotting interest.

No promises, but I'll try.

It's worth a try,and good luck!

A very big Thank You to Mr Sri Ramani K. and many others from Malaysianwings for the info.

Since Bob has covered PEN, it's my turn from KUL.

9M-XAB

9mxabrc0178mwingjpeg.jpg

9mxabrc0180mwingjpeg.jpg

9mxabrc0191mwingjpeg.jpg

Lots of MAS

0171mwingjpeg.jpg