MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Norman

KUL 32L in 2009

Star Alliance A330...what a beauty :good: Anyone manage to get photo of Air Astana water cannon salute? :pardon:

Is the Lion B747 still at KUL? They are starting their Hajj flights on November 7.

Edited by MIR

MIR, you may quench your water cannon thirst by heading to TheStarOnline.tv --> Air Astana :lol:

I will enjoy my Anchor Strong at home after half a day in KUL this afternoon :p

The HY arrival flight you mentioned is listed in KUL website

HY 3512 01/11/2009 0:07:30:00 PM CHRISTCHURCH

Some big spotlights needed in WS provided that person is not spotted by the Bulis first :finger: :rofl:

Lion B747 left KUL as reported by Capt Radzi in thread #744 on 19th Oct '09

--> "Lion's B744 is no longer in KUL"

Thanks for the link, Chaity :drinks: Good to see they sent the one with enlarged titles for the maiden flight :good:

Edited by MIR

But what's up with that Kuwaiti at hangar area?

Azahan, sharp eyes ! :good:

I have no idea why the Kuwaiti is at hangar area too. :pardon:

Last day of Oct '09 is also the inaugural flight for Air Astana to KUL. :yahoo:

STD was 1100 but delayed for at least 3 hours until 1400. For spotters point of view, it was "good" as it was raining early morning.

Since it was still drizzling at 1300+ and some phone calls from other members about the weather condition, at last settled to head to Anjung Tinjau. <_>

Here's my take of Air Astana. I knew some other members were stationed in different locations for her arrival, do share your photos. :good:

First timer here and led by MAB vehicle to her gate at C2 B)

p4KCBw.jpg

Lucky for those staying in Anjung Tinjau, managed to witness her taking the bath :p :yahoo:

p4KCBwcw.jpg

Edited by Chaity

Nice pics of the shower Chaity! Something that i did not get to see properly.

Last day of Oct '09 is also the inaugural flight for Air Astana to KUL. :yahoo:

STD was 1100 but delayed for at least 3 hours until 1400. For spotters point of view, it was "good" as it was raining early morning.

Not only that, from my point of view, i get to have another 3 hours sleep! :pardon: :pardon:

My take from the end of the runway.. Weather was fine and dandy for here late arrival! ;)

311009p4kcb01.jpg

Edited by Walter Sim

Hon Kit....

:good: :good: :good:

But what's up with that Kuwaiti at hangar area?

Thanks Azahan! Still learning the nose shot from you. haha

image00003ze.jpg

1 more. They got it better for 2 second before the right side cannon mishandle abit

Edited by Liew Hon Kit

so nobody got zimbabwe 762v huh?

Got it. Z-WPF, one of Rob Mugabe's two 762ERs on a tropical time-out.

4063455789_e56fd28272_b.jpg

Took this from atop the hill leading to the F1 Circuit entrance. Couldn't make the trip to the Ob Hill for a closer peek, so I had to milk that 300mm lens for its worth. Hence the quality. My apologies. :(

Edited by Z A

Luckly AirAstana was delayed...

Weather conditions in the morning from 10++ till 12.30++. Drizzling + Heavy Fog. From WX Station, can't even see MTB. D7-XXC

D7-XXC.jpg

First touch down...

AirAstanaland.jpg

EgyptAir - Star Alliance...Liew should buy KTM-4D (Kuda, Toto, Magnum) for guessing her arrival.

EgyptAirStarAll.jpg

Nice shots guys. Keep them comming.

If anyone is interested, Air China's flight back to beijing has been delayed to 10:10AM.

How many times a week EgyptAir flies to KUL?

4 times a week.

MS970 CAI0015 - 1550KUL 330 (Mo, Tu, We, Sa)

Ah Ong, nice touchdown shots. :good:

Worth your risks to setup the ladder by the road side without being spotted by the Bulis. B)

Thanks Chaity...After each landing, have to quickly fold the ladder and hide in the car. When aircraft is on finals, get the ladder out and run across the road to setup. Turn around time ~1 min for the whole process. kekeke... ;)

Simon... Come spottin la... Bring ladder as well... :p

Thanks Chaity...After each landing, have to quickly fold the ladder and hide in the car. When aircraft is on finals, get the ladder out and run across the road to setup. Turn around time ~1 min for the whole process. kekeke... ;)

:good:

That is why I admire you guys! You get the shots despite the problems with the bulis!

The DCA/MAHB should issue IDs for spotters (especially those from Malaysian Wings) because it is not an illegal activity. Then it will make life easier for both the bulis and the Malaysian Wings spotters! :)