MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Norman

KUL 32L in 2009

Yes I was just on a lower level with plans to move up but the bulis stopped that :( It was frustrating indeed. My poor friend who just joined me was a bit surprised by the response of the bulis.

Is there really a basis for that 10-metre rule? I think the signboards at the airport fences only talk about restricted areas within the fences - not outside it.

And unless there is a specific sign saying that the weather station is also a restricted area, I speculate that those cops were just making things up. I would challenge them to elaborate more.

Is one really trespassing if in a publicly accessible area?

Who knows? They may soon find themselves out of depth.

Is there really a basis for that 10-metre rule? I think the signboards at the airport fences only talk about restricted areas within the fences - not outside it.

And unless there is a specific sign saying that the weather station is also a restricted area, I speculate that those cops were just making things up. I would challenge them to elaborate more.

Is one really trespassing if in a publicly accessible area?

Who knows? They may soon find themselves out of depth.

There is a big red signboard by the roadside in front of Bunga Raya Complex and after the roundabout in front of Petronas Jet-A Fuel storage tank which says "Kawasan Larangan" or something of that nature. Meaning to say that the whole stretch of the road is restricted from public, and that include the Weather Station and the Treatment plant along the road. Those who used the road are in fact trespassing into a restricted area.

So now, why are the buses, taxis and the civvies cars are allowed to use that stretch of restricted area without being harassed by the Bulis??

p/s: I did asked a Bulisman the same question once and he can't answer my question. He just smile..

Yes I was just on a lower level with plans to move up but the bulis stopped that :( It was frustrating indeed. My poor friend who just joined me was a bit surprised by the response of the bulis.

Alan,although you was 'beredarED' at wx, but hopefully you will continue to spotting at there in future :)

i suppose nobody knows any info about Ruslan sitting at the cargo apron? :pardon:

Ian, was it a Volga Dnepr or Antonov Design Bureau? Did you manage to get its rego?

Looking at the cheat line on the AN124. Could be either UR-82007 or UR-82073 of ADB.

The aircraft got eye bag or not?

Checked balus.info, there was a Antonov Design Bureau AN124 headed to Brisbane this morning operating as ADB138F (rego:UR-82072) but no info where its from. Could it be the one Ian saw at KUL :pardon:

Edited by MIR

Hmmmm...was around KUL this afternoon, weather was not very cooperative and thus no wx station visit.

MIR, when did the RUSLAN arrived?

I speculate that those cops were just making things up. I would challenge them to elaborate more.

I think so too.

Checked balus.info, there was a Antonov Design Bureau AN124 headed to Brisbane this morning operating as ADB138F (rego:UR-82072) but no info where its from. Could it be the one Ian saw at KUL :pardon:

I managed to get this on Thursday afternoon. Not a very good angle. I think it's UR-82072.

DSC_3944.jpg

I managed to get this on Thursday afternoon. Not a very good angle. I think it's UR-82072.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa250/bligh_photo/DSC_3944.jpg

Thanks for the photo, Alan. Early this morning,it departed from Brisbane at 0546(Brisbane time) to Perth operating on behalf of Royal Australian Air Force as ASY066. Hope that it drops by again to KUL after PER.

Nice one Alan for that Ruslan shot ! :good:

Always like to see some "rare" in KUL.

MIR, thanks for the info. Do let us know if you have any arrival info if Ruslan decided to drop by again. :rolleyes:

Successful treatment for itchy hands...... :rolleyes:

11July2009_MRO_1a.jpg

11July2009_JA621J_1a.jpg

11July2009_AFP_1a.jpg

11July2009_MPD_1a.jpg

and i got Frankfurt finally...... :D

11July2009_ABVF_1a.jpg

11July2009_ABVF_2a.jpg

Nice pictures there!

The front of the Lufthansa plane looks quite boring with so much white.

I read an airliners.net post that QF31 made an diversion to KUL, it was scheduled between 23:00-23:50 and should have been an A380, too dark to get a picture I suppose. Information from Changi Airpots website says that the flight landed at 03:45, its STA was 22:30.

Nice catch of the Lufty!

KCH KCH :lol:

Not a bad way to test if the new runway would hold. :p

Not a bad way to test if the new runway would hold. :p

belum cuba belum tahu, sekali cuba hari hari datang... :rofl:

[not yet try not yet known, once tried everyday come]

nose bleed Azahan!.... tissue please :p

Edited by LeeTZ

Great and sharp pix,Azahan. :drinks: I guest that is the Luffy that most of us missed couple weeks ago during the 4th Ann