MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Min

Malaysia Airlines System

Glad to share guys. These are some of what little I have about MAS. Although some of them were meant to advertise MAS, they are in fact documented history of the airline. Same goes with timetables, magazines etc. Do collect them for the pleasure they give in years to come.

Indeed Ashmil. Menu cards, however simple, should continue to be printed. It is so much pleasurable choosing one's meal from browsing through one, and one can get to know what's available for them on board. I have several more from First, Business and Economy class which I have posted some years back (but deleted from photobucket).

Faizal, at least the colours then were pleasing to the eyes. I think the old floral patterns on the early B737-200s were much nicer :)

Yes Khaled. Even 40 minutes domestic flights up to the mid 1980s were great in terms of inflight products compared to nowadays. Sandwiches for economy class, nasi lemak or satay for first class. Sometimes meatballs were served. Even the B737-200 washroom oozes class.... pax were provided Elizabeth Arden EDT, moisturizer, little bars of soap, cotton towels in orange or lime colours, little combs in green sleeves. The last I noticed of MAS were Aigner stuff on widebody premium class only. I suppose this still continues.

Walter, Kenneth..... how I wish you got to sample MAS during the golden age of air travel. I have fond memories of the good times. Inflight products were much, much nicer indeed. MAS never needed any 5-star award or things like that.

Ryan, the spiral staircase was there :) I'll try to take pics from another coffeetable book and post some other time. It is quite tedious to upload to photobucket one by one. If I try the bulk uploader, the webpage would 'hang'!

More later Min. I'll try to dig my old MAS stuff... some under piles of boxes. Certain things now no longer available include matchboxes!

Thanks for the info Capt Radzi. She looks very stunning in the kebaya uniform.

S. Huang, no lah... not old. As they say, age is just a number :)

Though i still remember back in the nineties, the meals were a lot huger! Even in domestic, flying in and out of borneo one gets a full hot meal! With appetiser, roti and all!

Now we would thank our lucky stars when one gets hot meals.

Though i still remember back in the nineties, the meals were a lot huger! Even in domestic, flying in and out of borneo one gets a full hot meal! With appetiser, roti and all!

unless you travel by airasia :pardon:

i remember MH used to give out sweets prior to landing on their intra borneo flights

Agree with you,Walter and i still remember that back in the 1990s.

ohh..that particular kebaya (normala's) is waaaaaayyyyyy better than our current kebayas! i juz love the colors, and the hairdo! look at the hair tone....pure, no colors or whatsoever! unlike our current online FSS. hahaha....

Well at least the liquor selection at the MAS First Class lounge is still good! And the food was not too bad as there is a constant change of menu.

You can read my recent review here. :rolleyes: