MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Min

Malaysia Airlines System

blink eyes close, open, close, open MAS considered veteran. im actually trying to find latest MAS timetable for my fsx. so i can fly long distance tomorow. and i found this. so guys, appreciate your flag carrier.

mh7301bc.jpg

MAS - Malaysian Airline System

January 1, 1973

mh731001.jpg

October 1, 1973

mh740401.jpg

April 1, 1974

mh761001.jpg

October 1, 1976

mh770401.jpg

April 1, 1977

mas1.jpg

April 1, 1978

mh781101.jpg mh790401.jpg

November 1, 1978 and April 1, 1979

mh791101.jpg mh800401.jpg

November 1, 1979 and April 1, 1980

mas2.jpg

November 1, 1981

mh830401.jpg

April 1, 1983

mh851101.jpg

November 1, 1985

mh860728.jpg

July 28, 1986

mh880401.jpg

April 1, 1988

mh900325.jpg

March 25, 1990

mh910331.jpg

March 31, 1991

2nd edition

mh911027.jpg

October 27, 1991

(From the collection of Josef Krauthäuser)

mh930328.jpg

March 28, 1993

malays1.jpg

October 28, 2001

mh030330.jpg

March 30, 2003

(From the collection of Sam Vaughn)

malays2.jpg

October 26, 2003

malays3.jpg

March 28, 2004

mh050327.jpg

March 27, 2005

lot more airlines to browse...

SOURCE: <a href="http://www.timetableimages.com/" target="_blank">http://www.timetableimages.com/</a>

Edited by Min

yeah from retro to modern..

Congratulation MAS..

Continue your good achievement in the future..

Malaysia Hospitality!

Chaiyokk!! :D

I manage to get this one and 2 version after this version before MAS stop producing this MH Timetable book after they introduce pdf format.. :( :(

I love nostalgia...

I recall seeing a center-fold advertisement regularly in the Asia Travel Trade magazine that my dad used to bring home from work in the 70s. The ad basically depicted a scene onboard the brand new DC10s with 2 pairs of seats facing each other and a table between them and the MH crew serving meals to the 4 happy passengers. Does anybody recall that? And more importantly, does anyone still have pictures of that ad? If so, please please please scan it and post it here. I really miss that ad so much.

Edited by S. Huang

I love nostalgia...

I recall seeing a center-fold advertisement regularly in the Asia Travel Trade magazine that my dad used to bring home from work in the 70s. The ad basically depicted a scene onboard the brand new DC10s with 2 pairs of seats facing each other and a table between them and the MH crew serving meals to the 4 happy passengers. Does anybody recall that? And more importantly, does anyone still have pictures of that ad? If so, please please please scan it and post it here. I really miss that ad so much.

Yes I do :) I have the actual brochure for the MAS DC10 promoting the swivel seats and I'll try to post in a day or two.

Yes I do :) I have the actual brochure for the MAS DC10 promoting the swivel seats and I'll try to post in a day or two.

Wow! Please post it here soon! Thanks!

To complement MIN's timetable pics and on request for things retro by S Huang, here is a small selection from my archives.

Monochrome MAS DC10 brochure. Circa 1978.

DC10-1.jpg

The 'unique' being the less seats and more crew. Plus the swivel seats.

DC10-3.jpg

General brochure about MAS. Circa 1977.

BA1.jpg

BA2.jpg

Guess who is / was the stewardess pictured here :)

BC1.jpg

One other picture...

BC1A.jpg

Flying buffet.....and free flow liquor......hmmm

BC2.jpg

BC5.jpg

BC3.jpg

9M-MHK

BC4.jpg

BC8.jpg

The building that had to be sold when MAS 'almost' went belly-up :)

BC7.jpg

Next are from MAS' B747-200 product brochure:

The plane

BD9.jpg

BD2.jpg

Emmm...seronoknya naik MAS :)

BD3.jpg

What snekbox??

BD4.jpg

....and to wash it all down...., and take some home

BD7.jpg

The old Golden Lounge

BD8.jpg

Finally some shots from the book 'Alam Keemasan MAS' or the Golden World of MAS, a publication commemorating 10 years of MAS. I also have a mug to commemorate the occasion, must be somwhere in the cabinet. BTW, another coffeetable book was published some 15 years later called Airborne (but too many pages lah)

BE1.jpg

Edited by Rozhan

Normala Samsudin! Orang kampung gue tuh. Very impressive and handsome collection there Rozhan, even the pages are all still firm.

Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli

Normala Samsudin! Orang kampung gue tuh. Very impressive and handsome collection there Rozhan, even the pages are all still firm.

:) Yes Azizul. Normala she is.

(for those not familiar, she was a TV3 celebrity, who later married a politician and now Datin Seri Normala)

OK, continued...

BE2.jpg

BE3.jpg

BE4.jpg

BE5.jpg

BE6.jpg

BE7.jpg

BE12.jpg

BE10.jpg

BE11.jpg

BF1.jpg

BF2.jpg

BF3.jpg

BF4.jpg

BF5.jpg

Some of the publications came in this nice folder with the distinctive 'wau' of the past

DSC_1984_resize.jpg

And to wrap things up for now, one final item... a golden club class menu for a special routing.

Menu1.jpg

Menu2.jpg

Hope you enjoyed them, a peek from the glorious past of MAS.

Wow..Amazing and Thanks for sharing with us here Mr. Rozhan,,also thanks for your effort to snap the magazine/broacher .. :good: :good:

It something that we cant see often now from 80's and 90's pictures and I dont think so all this printed material will be printed and publish with current version..Sad even Premium Class pun dont have menu card as before..

:) Yes Azizul. Normala she is.

(for those not familiar, she was a TV3 celebrity, who later married a politician and now Datin Seri Normala)

Her first husband is a pilot.

Holy Molly!!!! What a rare collection! And yes, I remember the swivel seats on the DC10... there's one where the family is playing games at the table (featured in your brochure), and there's also another one of them having a meal.

Those old photos really bring back great memories...and one can't suddenly feeling old :(

You know...back then, it was these pics and ads that drew me to the world of aviation....now that i can afford flying, its now all but a distant dream...so sad....WILL WE EVER BRING BACK THE GOLDEN AGE OF TRAVEL????

Look at the seats, the food...top class all the way.....so sad...dont have the opprtunity to savour the bygone days of air travel.....

You know...back then, it was these pics and ads that drew me to the world of aviation....now that i can afford flying, its now all but a distant dream...so sad....WILL WE EVER BRING BACK THE GOLDEN AGE OF TRAVEL????

Look at the seats, the food...top class all the way.....so sad...dont have the opprtunity to savour the bygone days of air travel.....

Kenneth, you are not the only one. I grew up browsing through travel magazines and inflight magazines of all the airlines that my dad used to take home after his business trips. I would spend all my time examining each picture of airline interiors and wishing I could fly in them, and very often, at the expense of doing my homework :p My love for aviation grew as I got older, and eventually joined Singapore Airlines. It was then that I momentarily lost my passion for aviation. After I left the company, all the excitement and joy came flowing back into my veins... and a website like MW and photos by Rozlan are truly the reasons why I continue to love airplanes and everything related to it.

The romance of travel needn't be lost... it just takes a little more effort to find them nowadays... (and here's a shameless plug of how to relive the romance even in the miserable Y class products on today's carriers...heheh... For those who have read this report before, no harm reading it again lah...;) )

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/t...ead.main/133128

Edited by S. Huang

Glad to share guys. These are some of what little I have about MAS. Although some of them were meant to advertise MAS, they are in fact documented history of the airline. Same goes with timetables, magazines etc. Do collect them for the pleasure they give in years to come.

Indeed Ashmil. Menu cards, however simple, should continue to be printed. It is so much pleasurable choosing one's meal from browsing through one, and one can get to know what's available for them on board. I have several more from First, Business and Economy class which I have posted some years back (but deleted from photobucket).

Faizal, at least the colours then were pleasing to the eyes. I think the old floral patterns on the early B737-200s were much nicer :)

Yes Khaled. Even 40 minutes domestic flights up to the mid 1980s were great in terms of inflight products compared to nowadays. Sandwiches for economy class, nasi lemak or satay for first class. Sometimes meatballs were served. Even the B737-200 washroom oozes class.... pax were provided Elizabeth Arden EDT, moisturizer, little bars of soap, cotton towels in orange or lime colours, little combs in green sleeves. The last I noticed of MAS were Aigner stuff on widebody premium class only. I suppose this still continues.

Walter, Kenneth..... how I wish you got to sample MAS during the golden age of air travel. I have fond memories of the good times. Inflight products were much, much nicer indeed. MAS never needed any 5-star award or things like that.

Ryan, the spiral staircase was there :) I'll try to take pics from another coffeetable book and post some other time. It is quite tedious to upload to photobucket one by one. If I try the bulk uploader, the webpage would 'hang'!

More later Min. I'll try to dig my old MAS stuff... some under piles of boxes. Certain things now no longer available include matchboxes!

Thanks for the info Capt Radzi. She looks very stunning in the kebaya uniform.

S. Huang, no lah... not old. As they say, age is just a number :)

Edited by Rozhan