MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Alan B.

'KLIA East @ Labu’

for me it's ok if the runway can be intergrated to current KUL runway.... so KUL can actually have a third runway.... and the ATC still with the current KUL.... t

The ATC now struggles to handle traffic coming into KUL especially during peak hours. Equipments need to be upgraded and the ATC's have been saying this for years and yet sufficient fund is not forthcoming. Now they want to build another airport so close to KLIA? Somehow in Bolehland we shouldn't be surprised and the only wonder is it's not build in the constituency of Rembau. :p

I believe that this is not a new airport. I read that it is still a part of KLIA, hence the name 'KLIA East @ Labu'.

Do they already have the drawings or the plans of this new terminal already? Curious to see how it looks like.

Lets see will MAHB do anything to avoid they built any new airport

i bet they wouldnt do a thing..to collect back 100mil airport tax from AK also need MP intervention..

instead of wasting money, why can't they build the SECOND SATELLITE TERMINAL, which is already in the masterplan? WTF?

STUPID government we have here. I am so hacked off its unbelievable. what sheer stupidity and waste of resources. Uncle TONY and his cronies will put the final nail into the coffin of KLIA.

Being privately funded doesn't mean it can be approved by the relevant authorities without detailed studies. This is a construction of an airport, not a shoplot. Although it is an excellent slap in the face to the government and MAHB for their incapabilities to support AirAsia's massive expansion which has been dragged for years despite AirAsia's constant complaints, does it worth it to sacrifice KUL's future? The main international airport of a country should be a strategic national interest with clear aims and any significant issues such as this one should be attended to with the utmost attentions. However, it seems that there's no exact masterplan or even direction for KUL.

Exactly... no clear direction. And hopefully this is TF's way of reverse psychology he is playing to get things to go his way within the relms of MAHB. If not, he will have one brand new airport to call his own.

instead of wasting money, why can't they build the SECOND SATELLITE TERMINAL, which is already in the masterplan? WTF?

STUPID government we have here. I am so hacked off its unbelievable. what sheer stupidity and waste of resources. Uncle TONY and his cronies will put the final nail into the coffin of KLIA.

If MAHB gets the hint, this won't happen. My fingers are crossed.... KLIA has enough space for expansion and it is whether they want to do it or not.

Do I sense something similar here? A few days ago Sime Darby annoounced they were buying the National Heart Institute (IJN). The next day the men in power said 'No. Privatisation of the hospital will burden the man on the street'.

Now the same Sime Darby are saying they are building their airport, a private one.

Maybe in the next few days the same men in power will announce 'No, a private airport will burden the man on the street. We will develop KLIA instead'.

We are facing a bye-election, remember.

Next AK advertisement :

Tune Airport with RM0.99 airport tax :pardon:

Lovely.... RM0.99 is the basic fee

Walk through the door - RM10.00 cover charge per head

Aircon charge - RM10.00 per head

Boarding slips - RM5.00 per head

Boarding announcement - RM5.00 per annoucement

Chairs in the terminal - RM0.05 per chair

To sit on them - RM 2.00 per 20 min block

Trash bin maintenance - RM10.00 per head

To use them - RM0.10 activated by coin slot to open the bin

Immigration - RM10.00 per chop

I pening already... You go add up the charges.

Lovely.... RM0.99 is the basic fee

Walk through the door - RM10.00 cover charge per head

Aircon charge - RM10.00 per head

Boarding slips - RM5.00 per head

Boarding announcement - RM5.00 per annoucement

Chairs in the terminal - RM0.05 per chair

To sit on them - RM 2.00 per 20 min block

Trash bin maintenance - RM10.00 per head

To use them - RM0.10 activated by coin slot to open the bin

Immigration - RM10.00 per chop

I pening already... You go add up the charges.

LCCT has over 15 million visitors per year and almost everyone spend minimum an hour in the terminal. Currently, MAHB is charging tenants basic rental plus % of sales, and is more expensive than most shopping mall in downtown KL. In theory, Sime Darby could recover the investment in less than 5 years from rental income.

Since capital cost is taken care by tenants rental, Sime Darby and AK could charge pax service for variable cost plus some overhead only. Hence, airport tax at the new LCCT could be as low as RM10 or even RM5 per person.

Whatever it is, competition is good for consumers.

:drinks:

looking at the site map in google...don't you think the new lcct location and distance is way far from the present lcct , I don't think it is damn near to central KL. ;)

rm1.6B won't build you a new airport nowadays I don't think, not in Malaysia anyway

Furthermore, I don't recall reading anything about runway(s) and/or taxiway(s) being built

So, there is a possibility this new LCCT place will utilize existing KLIA runways after all ? :pardon:

hmm.....if that is the case, a long taxi will be part and parcel of AirAsia flights! just like Schipol - once had to go for a 15 minute taxi to get to the other side of the airport.

Of course this maybe be a ploy of MAHB airasia and the gov? who knows.

In any case, it wil be much more beneficial to me as i live in bandar enstek - so close to the air port :D

First there was Putrajaya - political enclave...

Then there was Cyberjaya - multimedia corridor...

So now you will have Terbangjaya(!!!) - Melaka, Labu, LCCT and KLIA!

And of anybody could recall about over a decade ago (before the 97 econ turmoil), they planned to build an international airport on a man-made island off Kedah coast a-la Kansai. Kedah with 2 international airports, 1 local, plus PEN in vicinity. Under 'Projek Mega' plan... Pfft! Complete crap!

At least the economic turmoil then managed to prevent the ridiculous plan from becoming reality. The present credit crunch doesn't seem to bother our politicians much. Maybe they know something that the rest of the world doesn't.

Malaysia is better in constructing newest,most technological advanced, biggest, tallest, etc, but they are poor in maintenance. Building new buildings means paving path for corruption. Simple.

My two cents

I think this is a good idea. We should show the world that Malaysia is no more oil palm cultivating nation.We are a modern advanced nation. The UAE might have their Jebel Ali and Dubai International but we are better. We have the KLABUIA Twin Airports! Malaysia Boleh! :drinks:

Interestingly they want the project to be completed by 2011, well before the next general election which is due in 2013.