MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Guest topolino

mh increases kul - jnb- cpt eze

Guest topolino

just loaded in the amadeus system today eff 29mar 2009 - mh will now fly to eze on days 3,5 and 7. friday flights now being new. with this mh 203/204 boeing 777 friday service kul - jnb - cpt is gone. south africa and argentina is now b747 only.

MH 201 357 KUL M EZE 0105 1520 2 29MAR09 16OCT09 744 25:15

so many people said this would never happen and the route will be pulled.

clearly MH will never drop south africa and Argentina

any comments?

Edited by topolino

Its been said a few times in this forum how full loads doesnt really guarantee profit on this route.

I'm no expert in this issue, but it is one of the more interesting ones to read. What with the speculation and theory and all.

SA has the potential to be a profitable market..... what with TG pulling out and increasing no of african students in malaysia especially from the south.

i'm pleasantly surprised about EZE though..i think MH should try its very best to make things work out. Good for them!

Its been said a few times in this forum how full loads doesnt really guarantee profit on this route.

I'm no expert in this issue, but it is one of the more interesting ones to read. What with the speculation and theory and all.

Actually people are arguing the opposite of this.

The loads are really good, but people doubt whether it is making money.

I've been on the flight to CPT and it was quite full.

And the JNB-KUL sector was full of Chinese immigrants from Argentina heading back to China.

The fact that MH have increased flights does mean it is a good route, I guess.

just came back frm that route yesterday morning .quite full.when i was there i noticed the travel agency on the prices of an Economy class ticket to KUL is about 3000 argentinian pesos thats about 1:1 our money for one way.On my way back i had a few chats with some crew and this was their info on pax coming frm Argentina all the way to Malaysia fc=7 bcc=15 ey=292 and not to forget cargo was also heavy.According to the Argentinian Crew at one point 777 was going there with full pax which was just nice for the off peak seson and on on peak seson 747 was sent to this route but cargo is always full through out the year.

hope this may help out as an info :)

Haansel.

wow...impressive loads for the sector. something i never would have imagined. i suppose south america - asia sectors are pretty underserved. EK is gonna make a killing from the Brazilian market

Guest topolino
just came back frm that route yesterday morning .quite full.when i was there i noticed the travel agency on the prices of an Economy class ticket to KUL is about 3000 argentinian pesos thats about 1:1 our money for one way.On my way back i had a few chats with some crew and this was their info on pax coming frm Argentina all the way to Malaysia fc=7 bcc=15 ey=292 and not to forget cargo was also heavy.According to the Argentinian Crew at one point 777 was going there with full pax which was just nice for the off peak seson and on on peak seson 747 was sent to this route but cargo is always full through out the year.

hope this may help out as an info :)

Haansel.

a 777 can not fly between south africa and argentina, due to etops. so many times people in this forum said eze would go, but now extra all year round flight is added....

Sign in to follow this