MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MH's Inflight Product 'Enhancements' (Both Good and Bad)

MH is upping their game. Just what they need to win back premium customers.

JW Shanghai launches Business Class menu with Malaysia Airlines.

Thursday, 18th August 2011

Source : JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai

Starting August 2011, Malaysia Airlines will be serving a new Chinese menu by JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai on board its new Airbus 330-300 from Shanghai to Kuala Lumpur.

Business Class passengers can enjoy the specially crafted menu by Chinese Executive Chef, Michael Lu of Wan Hao Chinese Restaurant, JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai.

Passengers can pick their preferred Chinese dishes from different regions to suit their taste buds, i.e. Si Chuan for those who enjoy spicy food; Shanghainese and Cantonese for those who enjoy a fuller taste.

“The menus are specially developed for Malaysia Airlines, offering a healthy and wholesome selection that is catered to suit the market,” said Chef Michael Lu. “Business Class passengers will have the opportunity to taste Wan Hao Chinese Restaurant’s signature Cod fish dish. Using premium produce and ingredients, the fish is boneless and tasty, and the limited use of sauce brings out the natural flavours.”

http://www.jordandirections.com/2011081835439/business/jw-shanghai-launches-business-class-menu-with-malaysia-airlines

Mayb its just me but shouldn't this kind of new menu enchancement start at the home base....I'm sure MH can find suitable chefs/restaurants to collaborate with to give its menu a new outlook and taste......

Doing this for just PVG - KUL doesn't really bring any huge "plus points" to MH......take for exp all major carriers have major collaboration with some famous chefs/restaurants for their J or F or even Y meals....

.....this kind of new menu enchancement start at the home base....I'm sure MH can find suitable chefs/restaurants to collaborate with to give its menu a new outlook and taste......

In that respect, AK is miles ahead of MH already with their "Pak Nasser's Nasi Lemak" and "Uncle Chin's Chicken Rice" :p

Mayb its just me but shouldn't this kind of new menu enchancement start at the home base....I'm sure MH can find suitable chefs/restaurants to collaborate with to give its menu a new outlook and taste......

Doing this for just PVG - KUL doesn't really bring any huge "plus points" to MH......take for exp all major carriers have major collaboration with some famous chefs/restaurants for their J or F or even Y meals....

Given MH/LSG is very proud of their nasi lemak, satay and cheese omelets, and hardly can find anyone who cooked more than them; hence, to MH/LSG, it is an insult even to suggest for second opinion or improvement. On other items on the menu, believe people in the loop are neither connoisseur, adventurous or open to suggestion, that’s why MH menu remain a tradition for the last 30 years :pardon:

Given MH/LSG is very proud of their nasi lemak, satay and cheese omelets, and hardly can find anyone who cooked more than them; hence, to MH/LSG, it is an insult even to suggest for second opinion or improvement. On other items on the menu, believe people in the loop are neither connoisseur, adventurous or open to suggestion, that's why MH menu remain a tradition for the last 30 years pardon.gif

Well...can't say much bout the nasi lemak n satay since i hardly fly MH and I do agree most ppl find our nasi lemak n satay one of the best even better than the one down south.....but for the cheese omelets.....i'm sure any airline must have cook as much omletttes as MH.....Is MH cheese omelette really that good pardon.gif

I think besides the famous nasi lemaks n satays they hav been churning out for years....they should look into revamping their menu by adding new dishes inspired by famous restaurants n local chefs......SQ and CX are one example of doing it n they r doin it quite well.....

Well...can't say much bout the nasi lemak n satay since i hardly fly MH and I do agree most ppl find our nasi lemak n satay one of the best even better than the one down south.....but for the cheese omelets.....i'm sure any airline must have cook as much omletttes as MH.....Is MH cheese omelette really that good pardon.gif

I think besides the famous nasi lemaks n satays they hav been churning out for years....they should look into revamping their menu by adding new dishes inspired by famous restaurants n local chefs......SQ and CX are one example of doing it n they r doin it quite well.....

Not forget the Char Keuy Teow served on MAS flight to LA.

MH is upping their game. Just what they need to win back premium customers.

JW Shanghai launches Business Class menu with Malaysia Airlines.

Thursday, 18th August 2011

Source : JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai

Starting August 2011, Malaysia Airlines will be serving a new Chinese menu by JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai on board its new Airbus 330-300 from Shanghai to Kuala Lumpur.

Business Class passengers can enjoy the specially crafted menu by Chinese Executive Chef, Michael Lu of Wan Hao Chinese Restaurant, JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai.

79a33b65.jpg

e8cd3e42.jpg

Sauteed shrimps with cashew nuts

Mr Lee, how is the taste and quality of the above ? Is it OK ?....looks plain to me

Shrimps was cooked in Shanghainese style i.e. crunchy :good: broccoli was overcooked :( and sauce was plain as you observed.

p.s. I am bias for Shanghainese style fried shrimps :p

:drinks:

I was using the Self Checked In Kiosk on my flight to Kunming and after checking in, there was no boarding pass printed out. So approaching the counter to seek for assistance, the attendants seem annoyed and upset about the latest system and approach and hoping us, the passengers, could lodge the complain.

\

This is one aspect that MAS cannot afford to ignore.. ground crews need to be as hospitable as inflight crews. I sincerely believe this counter services does not embrace what MAS was admired for, and being the front line, it can totally put off passengers' flying experience with MAS.

Not quite inflight but this is the latest leakage from the MH Rumour Department about the new check-in counters for Business & First Class passengers and Enrich Gold & Platinum members in KLIA, which underwent renovation not too long ago.

227123_10150195482866509_537541508_69257

227207_10150195482571509_537541508_69257

229532_10150195482331509_537541508_69257

I like the complete condorn off of the area. Special thanks to the spy who leaked this to us. You know who you are. *wink*

A new trip report in A.Net revealed that there has been massive cut back to the premium check-in area for MH travelers at KUL. http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/read.main/231171

The previous J check in has been replaced with a more scaled back version setup over a larger space. The large space accommodated J class, F class (which is on very few routes now), along with Enrich Platinum, Gold and Silver members. The comfortable couches with drinks fridges had all but gone, and the stylish ‘special’ desks were all but replaced with something more traditional. It was a shame as the previous offering was something quite special.

The former human gatekeeper was replaced.

The old system where a ticket was given and you sit and wait for your number to be called is now just line up at any desk marked ‘Business Class’.

What happened here? Was there some abuses to the old set up by staff or non genuine premium travelers?

A new trip report in A.Net revealed that there has been massive cut back to the premium check-in area for MH travelers at KUL. http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/read.main/231171

What happened here? Was there some abuses to the old set up by staff or non genuine premium travelers?

It's been like this for a while already. F/Plat still gets the private area on the left, J/Gold/Silver gets a common area to the right - and in practice it works well. Haven't had to queue since they started it. Maybe it feels a little less "cosy" than before, but i think it definitely works.

Guest Michael

I am waiting for further enhancements to Select. More choice and noise cancelling headsets in economy.

Sure? Was served Magnum few days ago.

EDIT: Oh wait, maybe Magnum isn't "branded"? :D

Edited by jani

Sure? Was served Magnum few days ago.

EDIT: Oh wait, maybe Magnum isn't "branded"? :D

It was back on the menu? This promotion starts since school holidays right? I was on the flight in Nov but didn't get anything :(