MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MH's Inflight Product 'Enhancements' (Both Good and Bad)

Believe it or not, I prefer to not have the footrests.

But removing it is of course not a step in the right direction :(

Maybe MH would like to replace those foot rests with foot nets instead? The net would probably much cheaper and definitely much lighter although would have a higher wear and tear consequence.

The MH Rumour Department just leaked yet another news!

MH has reduced the number of jug (for coffee and tea) from 6 to 4 throughout the entire B734 fleet. Juice's cartons (Joy) were also reduced from 16 to 12 on each B734 flight. On selected international destinations serve by the type of aircraft, alcoholic beverages were also being reduced but specific quantity was not mentioned. This extensive reduction is expected to futher reduce the weight of the aircraft to save on fuel cost, not to mention the cost associated with inflight catering.

Maybe our cabin crew members can give a comment or two?

The MH Rumour Department just leaked yet another news!

MH has reduced the number of jug (for coffee and tea) from 6 to 4 throughout the entire B734 fleet. Juice's cartons (Joy) were also reduced from 16 to 12 on each B734 flight. On selected international destinations serve by the type of aircraft, alcoholic beverages were also being reduced but specific quantity was not mentioned. This extensive reduction is expected to futher reduce the weight of the aircraft to save on fuel cost, not to mention the cost associated with inflight catering.

Maybe our cabin crew members can give a comment or two?

The Asia Leading Airline never ceased to amaze me ways and means to save penny from the customers while wasting pounds (e.g. fuel hedging) in the back office. May be they have considered to reduce meal portion, smaller cup, half size peanuts, less water for toilet, less toilet paper, omit male cabin crew jacket, omit crew handbook and manuals, minimum fuel upload, half inflight magazine, replace joy juice drink with cordial, replace stainless steel jug with plastic, etc :pardon: :sorry:

:drinks:

Edited by KK Lee

Juice's cartons (Joy) were also reduced from 16 to 12 on each B734 flight.

How about Guava Juice ? Sometimes they also serve Apple Juice and Tomato Juice in EY.

less water for toilet, less toilet paper,

For regional flights with flying hours up to 3 hours, all passengers are only allowed to use the lavatory once. Passengers that do not wish to use the lavatory may give up their rights to their nominated fellow passenger. Once you give up your rights, you will have no access to the lavatory for the entire duration of the flight.

half inflight magazine,

No more printed inflight magazine for MAS. Instead MAS will introduce a new electronic form of inflight magazine named e-Going Places. All passengers with a confirmed ticket will be given a unique password that will allow its passengers to access the e-Going Places online. The password will be valid up to one month after the passenger completed the return flight. Thank you for patronizing Malaysia Airlines. Malaysia Airlines, we're full of surprises B) :finger:

Edited by Isaac

No more printed inflight magazine for MAS. Instead MAS will introduce a new electronic form of inflight magazine named e-Going Places. All passengers with a confirmed ticket will be given a unique password that will allow its passengers to access the e-Going Places online. The password will be valid up to one month after the passenger completed the return flight.

Do you think they are capable of doing that (IF it ever materialised)? I mean even until today, 10 November 2009, the quarterly published World of Riches newsletter is still nowhere to be found on their website and it is already 10 days late! Going Places is published monthly, I mean seriously?

big Br*@st crew kena offload. too heavy! all coats and shirts change to singlet. shoes to slippers. going place distribute via soft-copy into ur thumb drive or Mobile devices. :)

Seriously, who would go online after the flight to check out going places online magazine...lol

Edited by Seth K

all coats and shirts change to singlet. shoes to slippers.

All male passengers can only wear a boxer while female passengers must go bikini :lol:

But to MH's defence, I think this latest 'allerged' cut is probably derived after numerous audits and checkings that MH conducted. There were probably too many excess carton of juices that is not utilised in the past, that usually will be tapau-ed by the cabin crews (I had personally seen cabin crews tapau-ed many excess inflight foods from hundred of packets of kacang masin to soba mee). So in view of this issue, probably the audits and checkings have finally figured out the optimal and ideal number of jug and the carton of juices to be uploaded aboard MH's B734 flights.

always gotta chance to be with the nice cabin crew who tapau-ed me with biscuits, kacang masin, teh tarik powder & milo 3-in-1 powder (but not from B734 flights)

Edited by liza

But to MH's defence, I think this latest 'allerged' cut is probably derived after numerous audits and checkings that MH conducted. There were probably too many excess carton of juices that is not utilised in the past, that usually will be tapau-ed by the cabin crews (I had personally seen cabin crews tapau-ed many excess inflight foods from hundred of packets of kacang masin to soba mee). So in view of this issue, probably the audits and checkings have finally figured out the optimal and ideal number of jug and the carton of juices to be uploaded aboard MH's B734 flights.

Believe MH had been uploading these quantities for ages. Does it mean it has escaped BTP 1, 2, and cabin crews and LSG never feed back to them on the wastage?

By regulations, all aircraft food supposed to dispose even not use or open. MH is known to re-bottle alcohol and reload juice (unopened) on domestic.

Yet another new inflight meal comes out. The MH Rumour Department just leaked the photo of MH's new 'fruit cake in a box' which is speculated to replace the fresh fruits inside the snackbox. So far the 'fruit cake in a box' received good comments - they tasted good.

P1020040.jpg

P1020041.jpg

Also being communicated is that for the school holiday season, Haagen Dazs ice creams will be served on certain domestic flights. MH 86 KUL-BKI on 21 November 2009 saw the distribution of this ice creams.

Yet another new inflight meal comes out. The MH Rumour Department just leaked the photo of MH's new 'fruit cake in a box' which is speculated to replace the fresh fruits inside the snackbox. So far the 'fruit cake in a box' received good comments - they tasted good.

P1020040.jpg

P1020041.jpg

Also being communicated is that for the school holiday season, Haagen Dazs ice creams will be served on certain domestic flights. MH 86 KUL-BKI on 21 November 2009 saw the distribution of this ice creams.

Looks pretty good. Better than some of the desserts they have put inside the Snackboxes before.

Haagen Dazs only for Domestic flights ? Shouldn't International flight passengers be accorded similar treatment too ?

Historically, fruits supplier like FAMA will complain to MoA and MP brought up in parliament on why MH is not supporting and promoting local fruits, bla bla bla….. before fresh fruits is reinstated.

If Haagen Daaz is served mean MH pax number is low.

Yes.. for school holiday season, Haagen Dazs for GCC and Baskin Robbins for EY..

only for

ex-KUL domestic and international departure,

hot meal service,

single sector loading

MAR, may i know where u seated on MH86, 21NOV

17D???

17D???

I am in Saudi Arabia all these while LOL. Mahmoud, I hope you can share more news in this forum, from the cabin crew point of view.

Box looks nice!

It is, but it would be better if the picture was taken with a handphone or a wallet, so that we can estimate its size. From the look of it, the box looks almost as big as Batavia Air's snackbox! The cake couldn't be that big, isn't it?

I am in Saudi Arabia all these while LOL. Mahmoud, I hope you can share more news in this forum, from the cabin crew point of view.

It is, but it would be better if the picture was taken with a handphone or a wallet, so that we can estimate its size. From the look of it, the box looks almost as big as Batavia Air's snackbox! The cake couldn't be that big, isn't it?

I had the cake on my KUL-KCH sector 2 weeks ago. Its pretty small. Imagine the wedding cakes you get at hotels. Taste is average. Then again, I'm not a big fan of fruitcake.

Yes.. for school holiday season, Haagen Dazs for GCC and Baskin Robbins for EY..

only for

ex-KUL domestic and international departure,

hot meal service,

single sector loading

17D???

emm .. then how could in Golden Lounge, they are now serving these ice cream instead?