MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
reyneo

MAS 737-800 routes

The seats are ugly....very ugly indeed....what i was told by a friend of mine who will be rostered on that flight is quitea fact....those paying for GCC will for complain if they are on these planes....

Edited by Kenneth T

The seats are ugly....very ugly indeed....what i was told by a friend of mine who will be rostered on that flight is quitea fact....those paying for GCC will for complain if they are on these planes....

If MH maintain those Y seats but sold as J, the pax will feel cheated, with Y-seat width and/or Y-seat pitch/ recline. I understand that the 3 aircraft are leased, but is there something that prevents MH from fitting J seats from 734 to the 738?

Hasn't MH learnt from the finger-sandwiches-snekbox-episode on what the typical Asian customer expects?

We're having a conference in Langkawi, middle of next month. All of the participants travel 1st class or Business only. If MH sends one of this a/c to Langkawi with them onboard, I'm going to be in a big trouble. :help:

Edited by mokhzani

..... but is there something that prevents MH from fitting J seats from 734 to the 738?

Where to find those relics anymore ? :p

Furthermore, antiques are expensive, regardless whether you dress it up in gaudy red or not :)

Hasn't MH learnt from the finger-sandwiches-snekbox-episode on what the typical Asian customer expects?

MH will never learn. The block-the-middle-seat, draw the curtain for C cabin (if adopted) will certainly become a hot topic for MH bashing in the future. The seats do look ugly ala LCC. I was excited to try their latest baby on KUL/DPS route but the pic of the seats put me off big time.

If that is the case, there are gonna be a lot of pissed off premium passengers. While it is normal in Europe, it will not go down well here. A friend who booked on-line to DPS in March, was given a B737-800 seat plan to pre-book his seat.

Indeed I will be going to DPS in March and my itinerary reads B737-800

MH will never learn. The block-the-middle-seat, draw the curtain for C cabin (if adopted) will certainly become a hot topic for MH bashing in the future. The seats do look ugly ala LCC. I was excited to try their latest baby on KUL/DPS route but the pic of the seats put me off big time.

May be it's just temporary.

Sq's a330 are leased too

Difference being SQ's 330's are 'first hand' leased birds

MH's 738's non-virgins - dah terpakai lah :)

Talking of which, who actually pays for fitting out the leased birds first time round ?

SQ's 330's must have cost a few pennies more judging by the premium features offered

Next lessor untunglah ?

Being a self proclaimed world class multi award winning 5 star airline that is so MH, you can't blame the passengers to have a certain expectation. An ugly seat is an ugly seat be it on owned or leased aircraft - new or old, because the passengers are going to pay the same amount of fares regardless of the ownership status of the aircraft anyway.

Don't fret too much about the MH 738's interior lah

It's so easy to read, so simple

It's the next step towards merger with Air Asia :)

Harmonization of product presentation - leather seats, single class layout (those silly curtains can be easily dismantled, or ignored)

Now everyone can fly @ five star value :D

I wonder when MAS signed the lease agreement with the lease company, did they agree with the layout of the cabin? or they begrudgingly go ahead to ink the agreement so they can get a few 738s?

The best benchmark however is the people who has flown IN the new 738s.

Anyone has any idea which route it is taking now? and for which dates?

Does the seat recline better compared to AK's A320?

Don't fret too much about the MH 738's interior lah

It's so easy to read, so simple

It's the next step towards merger with Air Asia :)

Harmonization of product presentation - leather seats, single class layout (those silly curtains can be easily dismantled, or ignored)

Now everyone can fly @ five star value :D

LOL. That's a good one.

It doesn't matter what the arrangement was to get the 738s into MH ops, but unless it was an emergency very short term replacement (say, adhoc wet lease to replace an AOG), MH better have some great PR spin to justify the Y seats for the so-called 5-star biz class.

Were the inflight services folks vetoed or dont they really care how it could customer goodwill?

you all always complaint .you so lucking mh get lease 737-800 from XL...tak tahu bersyukur :yahoo: if you u fly with old plane 737-400

Edited by mohd sukri abd hamid

you all always complaint .you so lucking mh get lease 737-800 from XL...tak tahu bersyukur :yahoo: if you u fly with old plane 737-400

Now, now...stop the "loser" attitude. MH goes around town saying 5-star this and that. Most travellers are not aviation enthusiast and they dont really care whether it is the -400 or -800 series. But they will know when they find that the big seats that they thought they have paid for are actually the same seats at the back (& same seat picth too?). They will feel cheated by MH.

Now, now...stop the "loser" attitude. MH goes around town saying 5-star this and that. Most travellers are not aviation enthusiast and they dont really care whether it is the -400 or -800 series. But they will know when they find that the big seats that they thought they have paid for are actually the same seats at the back (& same seat picth too?). They will feel cheated by MH.

Yupp....i agreed....besides MH has no choice, B734 is ageing now and soon will be a old junk. Those paying for premium fare obviosly expect a wider pitch, it's not a question of we know ho to be thankful or not. In a ever competitive enviroment, MH is already loosing out in many areas...sad to say that with the worst of the economy turmoil is yet to come....so whether the new fleets such as the B738 and A380s will enter at the service as schedule..or probably there will be a further delay.

Edited by Kenneth T

May be it's just temporary.

It may be temporary but the negative impact will be forever. Why can't MH, for once, do something that makes people goes "WOW" instead of "What?!!". I flew RAM once in their B737-800 (CMN/TUN) in C with the middle seat blocked and I know the "being cheated" feelings.

Try that on our local VIPs and see what happens..