MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
reyneo

MAS 737-800 routes

can't wait for the 738!

anyway, most of us tend to be SIZE QUEEN, the bigger the better. That's our mentality!

But for me, as long as it can generate income, it should be more than okay!

no offense, just my sekupang here!

This is promising in my opinion. After the news that MH will be replacing the present 2 weekly A333 flights into PER with 4 weekly B738 flights, I believe MH can manage its routes even better with the new fleet of aircraft. Although it may sound pathetic, MH A333s are definitely too big for all ASEAN destinations (except maybe the morning flight into CGK, MH 711). B738s also allow MH to offer more frequency to its existing destinations and probably an opportunity to reinstate more stations, which previously being closed such as Chiang Mai, Chengdu and Guilin, if the aircraft's range permits.

Now I just hope that the new B738s (owned one) are equipped with at least PTV, stylish new generation seats and decent seat pitch. There is a rumour going around from within MH that the new B738s (owned one) will have 16 business class seats and around 150+ Economy class seats. From the info, I believe the pitch is quite ok for medium haul routes.

Now I just hope that the new B738s (owned one) are equipped with at least PTV, stylish new generation seats and decent seat pitch. There is a rumour going around from within MH that the new B738s (owned one) will have 16 business class seats and around 150+ Economy class seats. From the info, I believe the pitch is quite ok for medium haul routes.

Gotta be extremely tight if true as QF 738 is configured with J12 and Y156 (JY168). Seat pitch in QF 738 Y is bizarre 30.5" only.

Okay guys, got some (not so good) news here...

1) Config is out for the MAS B737-800:

-J Class will have 4 rows x (2x2) seats = 16 seats

-Y Class will be 3x3 config with a total of 25 rows and 136 book-able seats* (first row to have seats C/D missing, exit rows 15&16 to have A/F missing, last 2 rows to have missing/un-bookable seats)

* based on normal 3x3 cabin layout with 25 rows, it should have 144 seats built in, but some seats are shown as unavailable.

I don't have a seat map, but based on the above info, I'm guessing seat pitch is actually slightly lesser than the standard.

2) MAS has quietly cancelled Darwin!

As of 9 Jan, KUL-DRW, originally scheduled to start on 16 Jun has ben cancelled. :(

3) Routes to be introduced for B738 to be changed to:

Kuala Lumpur - Bangalore from 21JUN09

MH192/193 Day 3567 (21JUN09 - )

Day 2 remains with A330

Kuala Lumpur - Denpasar

MH853/852 Day x2 (30MAR09 - 29MAY09)

MH853/852 Daily (30MAY09 - )

Kuala Lumpur - Hanoi

MH752/753 Day 1 (01JUN09 - )

Kuala Lumpur - Ho Chi Minh

MH750/751 Day x156 (29MAR09 - )

MH758/759 Day 2 (31MAR09 -)

Kuala Lumpur - Kunming

All 4 weekly from 29MAR09

Kuala Lumpur - Shamshabad

MH198/199, Day 257 (16JUN09 - )

The above schedule has been updated as of 9 Jan 09. I'm guessing that the previous introduction schedule has been replaced with this one instead.

-------------------------------

All info taken from airlineroutes which gets its info from Amadeus.

Kuala Lumpur - Ho Chi Minh

MH750/751 Day x156 (29MAR09 - )

MH758/759 Day 2 (31MAR09 -)

Kuala Lumpur - Kunming

All 4 weekly from 29MAR09

The above schedule has been updated as of 9 Jan 09. I'm guessing that the previous introduction schedule has been replaced with this one instead.

-------------------------------

All info taken from airlineroutes which gets its info from Amadeus.

Yipee..that's mean B738s will soon be in MH fleets very soon.......... :drinks:

Does anyone has an insight/pic on the bird's interior?

Any PTV? Are we expecting the god-forbid smarties seats?

Darwin now follows the footstep of Lahore and London Gatwick, all of which were silently withdrawn without the first service even being inaugurated.

First leased B738 should arrive KUL around 2nd of Feb 09. Will update later when info becomes available.

First leased B738 should arrive KUL around 2nd of Feb 09. Will update later when info becomes available.

<_ it on monday.>

Edited by Ibrahim

pity me! lucky for those newly hired crew lah...i dun hv any chances to work with 738! :( miss my NB years....F50/B734...!

Thought more money and travel opportunity on WB?

:drinks:

Thought more money and travel opportunity on WB?

no doubt about that, but still remembering my 734 years...hehe! used nitestopping at KBR,BKI,SBW,MYY,KCH,PEN,KUA etc. but now no more......

So,any guess on the MH 738 registration number,guys?

Looking forward to see the photos of the 1st MH 738 :rolleyes:

So,any guess on the MH 738 registration number,guys?

Looking forward to see the photos of the 1st MH 738 :rolleyes:

9M-MLA, MLB...

pity me! lucky for those newly hired crew lah...i dun hv any chances to work with 738! :( miss my NB years....F50/B734...!

Haha, u were ex Fokker 50 crew huh? haha...those new crew will be on the B738 huh? syok..la..they are the lucky one i suppose...

Hey maybe you hv chances to work in the new A380.

Hey maybe you hv chances to work in the new A380.

of course leeee...i can't wait to fly with the beast. i'll be 28 or 29 by then!

Haha, u were ex Fokker 50 crew huh? haha...those new crew will be on the B738 huh? syok..la..they are the lucky one i suppose...

yes kenneth! did F50 flights n i think it was super cutie aircraft.

yes kenneth! did F50 flights n i think it was super cutie aircraft.

I thought u started with B734 flight? so ure previously based in KK before??