MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
reyneo

MAS 737-800 routes

MAS's 738 are scheduled to enter into service from 29 March 09 (though it may have changed, especially with the strike and all). Here are the flights that the new 738s will fly.

Kuala Lumpur - Bangkok

MH784/785 Day 146 (30MAR09 - 29MAY09)

MH784/785 Day x27 (30MAY09 - )

MH788/789 Day 5

Kuala Lumpur - Singapore

MH601/604 Day 5 (03APR09 - )

Kuala Lumpur - Denpasar

MH853/852 Day 146 (30MAR09 - 29MAY09)

MH853/852 Day x27 (30MAY09 - )

Kuala Lumpur - Hanoi

MH752/753 Day 1 (01JUN09 - )

Kuala Lumpur - Ho Chi Minh

MH750/751 Day x156 (29MAR09 - )

MH758/759 Day 2 (31MAR09 -)

Kuala Lumpur - Kunming

All 4 weekly from 29MAR09

Kuala Lumpur - Shamshabad

All 4 weekly from 16JUN09, replacing 3 weekly A330-200

The 738s will also usher in a new destination for MAS from 16 June 09, the northen tip of Australia will be connected to KL on 3x weekly 738.

MH137 KUL1020 - 1645DRW 738 x135

MH136 DRW1745 - 2105KUL 738 x135

Honestly I don't think this is such a good idea... seriously, who flies to/from Darwin as a final destination? Besides, the 2x daily JQ flights to SIN and daily flights to SGN would probably take most of the holidaying ex-DRW pax away from KUL... unless of course AK does the route, then they might give JQ a run for their money. Premium pax ex-DRW is virtually non existent and when price-conscious tourist compare MH and JQ prices, you know which one they'll pick.

I certainly hope the 738 livery is not the currently oh-so-boring red-blue cheatline.

Try something more MAS, and retain the wau.

Honestly I don't think this is such a good idea... seriously, who flies to/from Darwin as a final destination? Besides, the 2x daily JQ flights to SIN and daily flights to SGN would probably take most of the holidaying ex-DRW pax away from KUL... unless of course AK does the route, then they might give JQ a run for their money. Premium pax ex-DRW is virtually non existent and when price-conscious tourist compare MH and JQ prices, you know which one they'll pick.

Although there may be few Aussie from DRW to visit KUL, but DRW/KUL is mean to feed KUL/LHR+AMS+FRA+BKK+etc. Since MH is facing serious competition on KUL/LHR, MH should consider to reinstates KUL/CNS with 738 to feed KUL/LHR.

While AK/FD have 8 daily flight to BKK, it is a pity that MH couldn’t serve 2 daily flight with A333.

:drinks:

I certainly hope the 738 livery is not the currently oh-so-boring red-blue cheatline.

Try something more MAS, and retain the wau.

Yeah..

They should change their livery..

To give more energy and power...

Hmm...i heard Boeing are giving MAS the leases first...hope we'll get to see them sooner rather than later.The 734s are way too old already..Some nearing 25 years if I'm not mistaken...correct me if I'm wrong..

Hmm...i heard Boeing are giving MAS the leases first...hope we'll get to see them sooner rather than later.The 734s are way too old already..Some nearing 25 years if I'm not mistaken...correct me if I'm wrong..

They already reached puberty level :rofl:

delivery for a380 lambat laaa :(

Edited by Nabiel Haniff

omg 25 yrs!

Although there may be few Aussie from DRW to visit KUL, but DRW/KUL is mean to feed KUL/LHR+AMS+FRA+BKK+etc. Since MH is facing serious competition on KUL/LHR, MH should consider to reinstates KUL/CNS with 738 to feed KUL/LHR.

While AK/FD have 8 daily flight to BKK, it is a pity that MH couldn’t serve 2 daily flight with A333.

You have a point there... I noticed the best way to get from DRW to Europe with through fares would be Qantas via Perth/Adelaide... which is a long way off. GA serves DPS, but like SIN and SGN with JQ, no through tickets. But given that neither Thai nor MI/SQ serve northen Australia to feed their European Ops, I'm guessing its not high yielding or loading... so I still have my doubts about this route lasting very long...

You have a point there... I noticed the best way to get from DRW to Europe with through fares would be Qantas via Perth/Adelaide... which is a long way off. GA serves DPS, but like SIN and SGN with JQ, no through tickets. But given that neither Thai nor MI/SQ serve northen Australia to feed their European Ops, I'm guessing its not high yielding or loading... so I still have my doubts about this route lasting very long...

Agreed that DRW and CNS are small cities and may not justify A332 or 772 but 738 has much lower breakeven point. Furthermore, DRW can operate on red-eye when most 738 will otherwise idle.

Btw, barramundi fishing in croc infested rivers is excellent in DRW.

Edited by KK Lee

These 738's are leased, is it brand new or from another airline/leasing company aka used?

I just hope we get to see new interior shots.

After some googling.... during the deal signing ceremony IJ said B737-8H6 will enter the fleet on september 2010.

so... this B737-8H6.. is it the one that MH order? Have Boeing bumped up MH order for early delivery?

No, this one is leased.

Thats why I was asking, whether the plane is brand new or belongs to another company/airline.

The 738s will also usher in a new destination for MAS from 16 June 09, the northen tip of Australia will be connected to KL on 3x weekly 738.

MH137 KUL1020 - 1645DRW 738 x135

Not exactly new as they were there before.

Good to see DAR back in the picture but no formal or official news on that has been made yet I believe ?

Nevertheless, it is good to see them back if they areally are in the network again....perhaps more pax can fill in the planes

to KUL for onward connections as mentioned above. I actually flew on one of their B738's 3 years ago when they were on

lease, after which they were returned upon the restructuring of the top management.

And Shamsabad is HYD right ?

:clapping:

Good to see DAR back in the picture but no formal or official news on that has been made yet I believe ?

DAR = Dar-es-Salaam/Tanzania

DRW= Darwin/Australia :pardon:

Good MH wants to start flights there: another great KLM code-share destination in Australia for visitors ;)

I hope they bring back KUL-KCH-PER vv...now they have the 738...Kuchingnites are now flying MI/SQ via SIN, BI via BWN and TR/TT via SIN...MH via KUL means having to backtrack our route...very troublesome...next March it will be 3K/JQ via SIN...MH could use a direct KCH-PER service I reckon...lets see how things will go...

I hope they bring back KUL-KCH-PER vv...now they have the 738...Kuchingnites are now flying MI/SQ via SIN, BI via BWN and TR/TT via SIN...MH via KUL means having to backtrack our route...very troublesome...next March it will be 3K/JQ via SIN...MH could use a direct KCH-PER service I reckon...lets see how things will go...

Yeah 738 should do a better job than the A333... I did KCH-PER-KCH a few years back in late June (off peak season). There were less than 50 passengers in Y both ways. The number of passengers embarked/disembarked at KCH is about 10!! my friend and I had the whole rear cabin to ourselves. Spoke to an 'aunty' who was a 'regular' on this route, she said the flight was never half full. How sad :(