MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

LIMA 2009, already?

Hello,

I found this:

http://www.lima2009.com.my/aircrafts.php

Is this the list for the 2009 event or an older one from 2007?

Thank you ...

Sascha

Hi Sascha, it looks like a new list to me.

For example in 2007, MMEA doesn't have AMPHIBIOUS CL415 yet.

Hope all the aircraft listed will be in LGK. :good:

Thank you!

3x Su-30

5x MiG-29

2X F-111

Can't believe it! Hope I'll find some sleep before December ... :yahoo:

Hello,

I found this:

http://www.lima2009.com.my/aircrafts.php

Is this the list for the 2009 event or an older one from 2007?

Thank you ...

Sascha

How can they misspell aircraft?! 'Aurcraft'? Someone needs a good bollocking!

Anyway, are these the only planes making it? Or will there be last minute additions? Remembered back in '99 there were MiG-29s from Russia, plus an Ilyushin IL-76 tanker if I'm not mistaken, making a flyby with two fighters demonstrating refueling. Plus two USAF F-16 and a KC-135, but I guess tomorrow's Thunderbird display is enough.

Normally LIMA does not have acrobatic display?

October 26, 2009 22:51 PM

LIMA '09 Attracts 330 Companies From 24 Countries

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 26 (Bernama) -- A total of 330 companies from 24 countries have so far confirmed their participation in the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition 2009 (LIMA '09) from Dec 1 to 5.

Defence Ministry secretary-general Datuk Abu Bakar Abdullah said 53 types of aircraft and 71 warships would be making a bee-line towards Langkawi for the expo.

He said exhibitors from Australia, Russia, Norway, Poland, United Kingdom, South Africa and Singapore were among those coming.

Malaysia's first Scorpene submarine KD Tunku Abdul Rahman, which sailed back from France recently, will be displayed in public for the first time at Porto Malai.

"About 46,000 trade visitors are expected this year. On the fourth day, about 40,000 people are expected to turn up when the exhibition is opened to the public," he told reporters here.

Abu Bakar said the fact that LIMA was one of the most prestigious events in the world was also another factor why it remained popular and well supported.

He said the expo was one of the largest defence and civil showcases in the world, regularly attracting the global maritime and aerospace industries to the island.

LIMA 09 will maintain the venues, Mahsuri International Exhibition Centre (MIEC) for the aerospace segment and the maritime equivalent at Porto Malai.

Among the aerospace attractions this year will be the AH-64 Apache attack helicopter and F-16 jet-fighters of the Singapore Air Force; a fly-past by a B-52 bomber of the United States Air Force; a UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter from the Royal Brunei Air Force; F/A-18D Hornets, Sukhoi Su-30MKM Flankers and MiG-29N Fulcrum jet-fighters of the Royal Malaysian Air Force; and Super Lynx and Fennec AS555 helicopters of the Royal Malaysian Navy.

The Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency will demonstrate water bombing with its Bombardier CL-415 airplane.

HW Lima Sdn Bhd now has the sole rights of organising the event. Previously, the company organised the maritime segment while the aerospace show was handled by another company.

Two conferences themed "The Changing nature of Maritime Securities: Challenges and the Applications of Technology" and "Air Power in Maritime Security" would also be held.

-- BERNAMA

http://bernama.com/bernama/v3/news_lite.php?id=450020

Hello,

could someone translate this article for me? Thank you ...

Sascha

Hello,

could someone translate this article for me? Thank you ...

Sascha

The whole article is about "No acrobatic team, no problem!". Even if only 1 Brunei Air Force Black Hawk on display, visitor should look at it from a foreign relation angle. I guess what he means is we should support no matter if there is any acrobatic show at all. The article did mention Brunei will showcase their CN-235 and Black Hawk, while SAF will showcase their F-16. Russian made SU-35 will also be on display for the first time.

Actually if you understand Chinese the article just keep repeating the same thing - the show is more like a get together for SEA countries rather than an international affair. For example it was pointed they would prefer Indonesia's F-16s or SU-30MK2 to come over the Red Arrows. Likewise if Thai bring their Gripen and the Russians bring the SU-35, more attention would be paid on the Thais.

The article also mentioned that currently they have yet to receive confirmation that the Thais and Indons will be there.

5 star event but only a 2 star show?

Edited by Waiping

Thank you Waiping!

Do someone know a complete list of participating aircraft which are confirmed so far? The offical homepage is not very informative ...

I aked month ago, please allow me one more try:

Are some of you guys interested in an international spotter-meet at LIMA 09? We´ll arrive on Thursday and leave on Tuesday the next week. We are one girl (Nicole) and two boys (Jens & me). It would be a great pleasure for us to say "Hello" to some Spotter-colleagues from Malaysia or Singapore and have a drink or two.

Regards from cold and rainy Germany

Sascha

Thank you Waiping!

Do someone know a complete list of participating aircraft which are confirmed so far? The offical homepage is not very informative ...

I aked month ago, please allow me one more try:

Are some of you guys interested in an international spotter-meet at LIMA 09? We´ll arrive on Thursday and leave on Tuesday the next week. We are one girl (Nicole) and two boys (Jens & me). It would be a great pleasure for us to say "Hello" to some Spotter-colleagues from Malaysia or Singapore and have a drink or two.

Sascha

I'll probably wear the "school uniform". It has my name on it and a huge MalaysianWings word on the back. :p

Waiping, thanks for the translation.

You did a great job on it.

Sascha, sorry for that as I don't have much time to translate it at 1st.

To answer you question on the list of participating aircraft,if you notice from waiping's reply, the articale did mentioned that Brunei will showcase their CN-235 and Black Hawk, while SAF will showcase their F-16. Russian made SU-35 will also be on display for the first time.

By the way, which date will you all attending the show? I will go on trade day.see you there! :good:

So, it is still that list http://www.lima.com.my/aircrafts.php +Su-35!!! Sounds very, very good at least for us european guys ...

Which day can we expect the fly-out? Sunday or monday?

We'll arrive on Thursday around noon (MH 1438), so we may watch the afternoon displays. In any case we'll visit the LIMA on Friday and Saturday. Enough time for having a delicious, ice-cold Tiger Beer together ...

Sascha

Sascha

Looks like there will be more international spotters than international aircraft !! I will be coming over from the UK and arriving in Langkawi on the Saturday afternoon during the display. Will be hoping to catch the departures on the Sunday. Will any MWingers still be around ?

Although the number of participating aircraft looks like being lower than previous events, the quality of aircraft for us europeans is quite good.

On the subject of acrobatic teams or lack of .......... the Red Arrows (who live at the bottom of my garden, appeared 2 years ago, probably as a result of an order for Hawk aircraft from the Indian AF ) are at this time of year doing their winter training, with the new team members, which this year include for the very first time a female pilot ( Flight Lieutenant Kirsty Moore ) who is flying 'Red 3'.

Here's a photo taken this week after one of the training sorties

LadyHawk.jpg

Keith (Kip)

Sascha,

I am also going to LIMA09 with my girl friend. It is great to meet up for the spotters.

Besides, I am planning to go Singapore Airshow and China Airshow next year. By the way, I am Malaysian.

Could you approach those interested to meet up? I will be there on Wednesday till Friday and thinking to join this show on Trade day.

Anyone knows how to purchase a ticket on Trade Day?

P/S: If anyone interested in mangrove tour, then we can share the boat rental :p

This picute shows (from left) Jens, Nicole and me (with our little mascot Pauli)TT_gruppe.jpg

Our preferential day for the meeting would be the friday. Maybe during the break between both flying display times in front of the MiG-29 at the static display? At 0100h? If someone had a better idea, please post it here and we'll be there.

I'am not intimate with the local occurences, so maybe we will meet each other accidentally!?

Our Asia-Tour will start this friday, but I will keep me up to date here in the forum. Hope to see you at LIMA 09!

cklee: When will you do the mangrove tour? Our sightseeing days will be monday and tuesday after the LIMA-weekend.

Regards from cold, rainy and windy Germany

Sascha

I've not confirm for the mangrove tour as we only stay there from Dec 2 till Dec 5.

This show is only open for public on Saturday. If you interested to go on trade day, you may need to register online or on the spot.

I am planning to go on Friday too and already registered for the badges.

Another thing to remind you that the demand on car rental is higher now because of the car permit issue. You may have difficulty in looking for car rental.

Besides, I am planning to go Singapore Airshow and China Airshow next year. By the way, I am Malaysian.

Hi, can check where and when is the China Airshow? No plan to visit Farnborough?

Hi Sascha, just went through your blog.

Though I can't understand the article but the pictures shown are really awesome.

See you all at LIMA - 4th Dec :drinks:

will be in Langkawi from 28 Nov. to 6 Dec.

see you guyz there. :drinks:

November 24, 2009 15:42 PM

Airbus To Showcase Latest Civil Products At LIMA 2009

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 24 (Bernama) -- Airbus will be present at the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA 2009), with a display featuring its latest civil products, as well as the A400M from Airbus Military.

Airbus will also display a 1/20-scale cutaway model of the A380, offering a view of a typical interior layout on the world's largest passenger aircraft, it said in a statement on Tuesday.

To date, Airbus has won 202 firm orders for the A380 from 17 customers. These include Malaysia Airlines (MAS) which has six A380s on firm order for delivery from the second half of 2011.

Also at the stand will be a model for the all-new A350 XWB.

" Currently under development, the long range A350 XWB will have the widest fuselage in the mid-size category and will burn 25 per cent less fuel than similar sized aircraft in-service today," Airbus said.

The aircraft has already been selected by AirAsia X to meet its future long haul requirements with a firm order for 10 aircraft.

In the cargo market, Airbus will display a model of the new A330-200F freighter.

" Capable of carrying 64 tonnes of freight over 4,000 nautical miles, this latest version of the popular A330 is currently undergoing flight testing and will enter service next year," it said.

Airbus said visitors would also be able to view a model of the new A400M, the most modern and versatile transporter combining a wide range of tactical, strategic and logistical capabilities.

Malaysia is among the customers for the aircraft which is under development at the Airbus Military.

Airbus comes to LIMA 2009 as it celebrates 40 years of innovation since the agreement to launch its first aircraft programme back in 1969.

LIMA 2009 will take place in Langkawi from Dec 1-5.

-- BERNAMA

http://bernama.com/bernama/v3/news_lite.php?id=457622

Hi, can check where and when is the China Airshow? No plan to visit Farnborough?

The China Airshow will be held in November next year. You may check it out in the internet.

Farnborough is great, and I'd say it is 5 class airshow instead label LIMA as 5 class level airshow.

Howver, I not afford to visit Farnborough airshow unless if there is a business trip. <_< :rofl:

Last minute Airbus participate LIMA09 believe something related with MH renew fleet... :pardon:

Hope MoU will be singed for A350 soon for MH! :rolleyes:

For those join LIMA09,wish you the weather be friendly and on your side also post the pictures soon.