MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

LIMA 2009, already?

.....especially it is a cut throat season.

Has been that way since the first LIMA in 1991, the only one that I've ever attended. They had the RM5 roti canai even back then.

June 02, 2009 22:35 PM

B-52 Bombers To Attract Visitors To Lima 2009

KUALA LUMPUR, June 2 (Bernama) -- The display of a B-52 bomber from the United States Air Force (USAF) will be among the major attractions for visitors to the five-day Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace 2009 (LIMA 2009) Exhibition beginning Dec 1 in Langkawi.

"This will be the first time the Boeing aircraft was being brought by the USAF to LIMA in Langkawi," said Defence Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.

He disclosed this at a press conference after the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MoU) between the organisers of LIMA '09, HW LIMA, Malaysia Airlines (MAS), and Mimos Smart Computing Sdn Bhd, here Tuesday.

Ahmad Zahid said that it would also be the first time that an aerobatic team from India, Sarang and Surya Kiran, who would be flying in a helicopter and a light aircraft, would participate in the exhibition.

He said this time around, LIMA would also emphasise on the tourism aspect with several cultural shows being staged.

-- BERNAMA

http://bernama.com/bernama/v3/news_lite.php?id=415433

B-52 Bombers To Attract Visitors To Lima 2009.....

Yawn...... :lazy:

what about red arrows this time?

B52 will be an impressive sight though a bit aging.. even better if they bring B2 stealth bomber

whoa..at least some juicy stories coming out from LIMA 09..B-52..would take up A LOT of space on the tarmac dont u guys think?hopwe the russians will send something..RMAFs aerobatics with the flankers are just a bit boring based on the last LIMA..i want to see them all in formation!!we've received 12 to date right?might be the last time to catch a glimpse of the MiG-29 since this might be its last show.. :(

B52 will be an impressive sight though a bit aging.. even better if they bring B2 stealth bomber

Maybe they wanted to sell off some old stuff and here may find buyer. :p

After so many years hopefully this would be my first LIMA outing. Still have the impression that LIMA is more about military equipments rather than civilian.

Hello,

I'am Sascha from Germany.

This year me and some friends will visit the LIMA. What can we expect? Will the Malaysian Air Force Show their fighter jets in a flying display? Which foreign countries and planes will participate at the airshow(Teams from India and B-52 sound very good so far)? Can we expect some more display teams and fighter jets? Maybe the F-111 again?

Thank you!

Sascha

No news?

Another question: How are the light-conditions? I think, poor in the afternoon? In that case: Would it be possible to take pictures from outside or will we get problems with the police?

Thank you!

Sascha

Hi Sascha.... welcome to MW..

News of the event still very scarce now... typical of the organiser.. <_>

As for photography from outside the fence... it'll be good in the morning

where you can position yourself along the perimeter road facing the terminal.

In the afternoon, maybe some approach shots, if you position yourself abeam the threshold...

I guess the police won't disturb you during airshow...

Normally the apron will open to public on the last 2 days of the event... and can be within the area

during airshows....

I guess, RMAF will display static and flying demo of their aircraft...

I'm keeping my finger crossed for Red Arrows to come again this year...

F111?... Hmmm... it'll be great, but doubt it since heard they said 2007

was their last tour to LIMA on the F111...

In today's (31Jul09) The STAR :blink:

Friday July 31, 2009

Scorpene sub among Lima highlights

KUALA LUMPUR: The navy’s Scorpene submarine KD Tunku Abdul Rahman will be among the many highlights of the Langkawi Inter-national Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition (Lima ’09), which starts on Dec 15.

The Scorpene will accompany 16 Malaysian warships of various classes at South-East Asia’s premier maritime and aerospace show, said HW Lima Exhibitions managing director Ahmad Dzuhri Abdul Wahab.

He said the Royal Malaysian Air Force would be showing off some of its aircraft such as the Sukhoi SU30MKM, the F/A18D, Hawk 108/208, the MiG29N and the Eurocopter helicopter.

Other planes on display would include the Bombardier CL415 of the Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency and fighter jets from the Royal Australian Air Force.

Visitors would, for the first time, witness a fly-pass by B52 bombers from the United States and an aerobatic show by the Surya Kiran and Sarang teams of India.

Others on show include the RSS Intrepid frigate from Singapore, a Pakistan tanker destroyer and warships from India and the United States.

Ahmad Dzuhri said 60% of the exhibition space had been taken and he was confident that the rest would be booked in the next three months. The organiser has also achieved 80% of the participation target for aircraft and warships. — Bernama

My heart sank..... :(

Flight KUL-LGK 2Dec on MH .. confirmed 5PAX

Perdana Beach Resort 2 rooms apartment 2-5Dec .. confirmed

Flight LGK-KUL 5Dec on MH .. confirmed 5PAX

But LIMA's website still maintaining 1-5Dec....

My only wish now is that the news has a typo on the date... 1-5 not 15

Must be a typo! Almost every hotel is sold out from 01.-05. December because of the LIMA. It was very difficult for us to reserve a room.

Probably many spotters from Malaysia and Singapore will go to the LIMA. Maybe a good opportunity for a spotters-meeting? Maybe we could have an after-show-dinner together? Would be a pleasure for Jens, Nicole and me ...

Su-30, MiG-29 and Surya Kiran sounds very, very good! Fighters from Australia!? Hopefully the F-111's farewell trip ...

Only 4 month to wait! :D

Don't worry, The Star made a mistake in their news report. They acknowledged their mistake on their website today saying LIMA will indeed be held from the 1st to the 5th of December.

guys,i was looking for the old LIMA 2007 thread we started for the last LIMA but cant seem to find them.was it removed before?

btw,are the red arrows coming to perform this year?i wonder why the likes of the Russian kngihts,Thunderbirds and Blue angels never seem to want to come here..

guys,i was looking for the old LIMA 2007 thread we started for the last LIMA but cant seem to find them.was it removed before?

btw,are the red arrows coming to perform this year?i wonder why the likes of the Russian kngihts,Thunderbirds and Blue angels never seem to want to come here..

Anyone know who will be perform this year? On Trade day and public day or only public day? It is too less information published in their website. Also there is a rumors saying that Blue Angle is going to perform this year. :good:

Anyone know who will be perform this year? On Trade day and public day or only public day? It is too less information published in their website. Also there is a rumors saying that Blue Angle is going to perform this year. :good:

as usual the website is never reliable..last yLIMA they listed the F-22,F-35 on static display as well as all the aerobatic teams in the world for the aerial display..yeah,that includes the thunderbirds,strizhi and blue angels. <_>

but if the blue angels are coming this year its going to be worth it!always loved the sounds of the those hornets compared even to the MkM!cant wait for december!!

Here you are Iwan... LIMA 2007 thread

And remember when the Russians and Americans came last time

we were shopping for fighters...

Once we bought.... the advertisements stop

Exactly like you buying a car... salesman won't disturb you anymore once inked on dotted line.. :pardon:

thanks for the link!!

sadly i wasnt there when the russian knights and test pilots team came.was still too young to appreciate planes the way i do now.

and for the second batch of MRCA..no one interested? :p

Exactly like you buying a car... salesman won't disturb you anymore once inked on dotted line.. :pardon:

Might have been the case during yesteryears

Now they seem to follow up on scheduled car servicing, insurance renewals, ...... :)

Am doing a LIMA '09 day-trip on Wed 02Dec. Got RM138 tix KUL/LGK return with MH. Hope weather holds. :D

Am doing a LIMA '09 day-trip on Wed 02Dec. Got RM138 tix KUL/LGK return with MH. Hope weather holds. :D

Since my parents live in Kedah, I might do a Kuala Kedah-Langkawi-Kuala Kedah (ferry) day trip to LIMA 2009.

Since my parents live in Kedah, I might do a Kuala Kedah-Langkawi-Kuala Kedah (ferry) day trip to LIMA 2009.

if not mistaken the Ferry part is the nightmare! long queue...