MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
muhd noor iskandar

I don't get the Tiger Airways pricing

with the 15kg cap on luggage, i assume i'll only bring home dirty laundries heheehe

i will shower you with average looking pictures

thank you! you know who i am right, iskandar from flickr , thanks for the help in directing me to this forum. :drinks:

thnaks for the guide, kenneth. you've been very helpful since day 1.

I will be going there with 6 other family members. It's either Harbourview Hotel or Kuching hotel.

From 21st to 25th, very long right. hehe hope that it will be a blast!

As a photography enthusiasts, I'm yearning for some pictureque places to shoot near the hotel or elsewhere.

I heard the taxis are not reliable, guess I will be taking bus rides then. I guess I should loan a DSLR for the tirp hehe

You better make booking early as the hotels are very packed...you mean Kuching Park Hotel? Please let me know if you need help with booking of hotels...Kuching Park is old and far from downtown...there is a new hotel, SAMUDERA COURT, there is a malay operated food court just below...brand new hotel with LCD TV, not far from market...tell me if you need help ok...i drive an Avanza which carries 7...but will have problems with luggage...erm...maybe you can take the taxi to the hotel and i'll pick you up from the hotel and take you around...pls be informed that the most expensive entrance fee would be RM45 perperson for the Sarawak Cultural Village tour and show...kids below 12 may have some discouts as well as students and maybe senior citizens...cant confirmed though....

The fact is that you are 18 an you have a CREDIT CARD? What is this world coming to nowadays... *faint*

I have to keep reminding people what an LCC is. You pay cheap, you get cheap. RM450-490 is only what... RM40.00 difference? SGD16.00? USD10.00??? I mean .. COME ON! LCC LCC LCC... Now repeat after me... L C C...

People bitch about not being able to call into the hotline blah blah blah but BE GLAD THERE IS EVEN A CALL CENTER TO BEGIN WITH. All these are additional costs to the airline and it is not cheap running a call center with operators, add on to that operators who can tolerate constant bitching from customers about why they being charged this and that... In short customers who do not get the concept of what an LCC is.

LCC gives you the option of doing away with frills you do not need. Only a day trip no check in luggage? Shave off SGD15.00. No preferred seating needed? Shave off another SGD20.00. Hate airline food and do not want to pay for what they are serving you coz you dont eat it anyway? Shave off some more $$$ since you won't partake in the BOB. So all these little costs adds up at the end of the day.

So before anyone starts another tirade about why TR is this, AK is that and 3K what the hell (???)... think again about WHAT IS THE CONCEPT of an LCC. If you still feel like letting go about how the airline cheated you, go back to MAS where you can have your frills all thrown at you whether you want it or not, 5-star style.

Seriously everyone, I think a reality check is long overdue.

couldn't agree more with you....... ppl... wake up.... now is the world you pay for wat u want... opps... shud be wat u need... some time we need to learn to give and take. ok. enjoy the world of LCC... i'm flying over WSSS on TR this friday... where got expensive... AK more expensive then.........

You better make booking early as the hotels are very packed...you mean Kuching Park Hotel? Please let me know if you need help with booking of hotels...Kuching Park is old and far from downtown...there is a new hotel, SAMUDERA COURT, there is a malay operated food court just below...brand new hotel with LCD TV, not far from market...tell me if you need help ok...i drive an Avanza which carries 7...but will have problems with luggage...erm...maybe you can take the taxi to the hotel and i'll pick you up from the hotel and take you around...pls be informed that the most expensive entrance fee would be RM45 perperson for the Sarawak Cultural Village tour and show...kids below 12 may have some discouts as well as students and maybe senior citizens...cant confirmed though....

i would go for Habour view,, but better confirm your booking 1st as its always full with gov having meeting there. try singgahsana lodge if you dun mind bnb. Kuching park more for business hotel, not for holiday makers unless u got cars. habour view located at superd location. wonderful for tourist on the foot. and mune u, taxis are much more realiable than buses... take my word as KIA is my 2nd home.

Stay away from MASJA ..

Don't loitering at Kuching waterfront after 8 PM ...

guys, dont get your panties in a bunch, its nothing life threatening its just that i had a horrible experience with them. i've done legs on both TR and TT, although tiger sg is better, i would not be giving them anymore of my money. to compare, i;ve flown similar legs on JQ and DJ, and they are miles ahead of tiger. its my preference, but i for one, would NOT fly them again or recommend them.

its confirmed now that we will be staying at harbourview. hope i have a great vantage point for photography there. We will prolly need help one the subsequent days after settling down. whee. Thats nice of you Kenneth, I'll consuly my uncle and see what he thinks . There'll be 3 adults, 2 teens, and 2 toddlers. Wow, thats quite costly, I reckon I'll have to bring some spare change to enter the tourist attractions. I would love to learn more about the tribal people indepth, that'll be enriching.

Nearer the date, I'll confirm with you, Kenneth the helpful. :D

couldn't agree more with you....... ppl... wake up.... now is the world you pay for wat u want... opps... shud be wat u need... some time we need to learn to give and take. ok. enjoy the world of LCC... i'm flying over WSSS on TR this friday... where got expensive... AK more expensive then.........

I would go for Habour view,, but better confirm your booking 1st as its always full with gov having meeting there. try singgahsana lodge if you dun mind bnb. Kuching park more for business hotel, not for holiday makers unless u got cars. habour view located at superd location. wonderful for tourist on the foot. and mune u, taxis are much more realiable than buses... take my word as KIA is my 2nd home.

Well, sorry again for my obnoxiosity, most are due to my kiasuness doing everything by the book. Now that I have booked the flights, there's no turning back I guess :D Taxis are more reliable? In travelwiki, it says the drivers charged you not according to the supposed meters but just their own discretion.

Stay away from MASJA ..

Don't loitering at Kuching waterfront after 8 PM ...

Really? Ada hantu ke? hehehe. I assume harbourview hotel is just beside it?

guys, dont get your panties in a bunch, its nothing life threatening its just that i had a horrible experience with them. i've done legs on both TR and TT, although tiger sg is better, i would not be giving them anymore of my money. to compare, i;ve flown similar legs on JQ and DJ, and they are miles ahead of tiger. its my preference, but i for one, would NOT fly them again or recommend them.

To each his own- Fendy. Hope one day you are desensitize and leave that bad experience behind "D

sure...PM me you remail add...i'll pass you my contact details...i aslo need to know the name you use to book the room...so i can leave a message...dont worry...masjah is very far away...that 5 adults...no problem...my car will fit...see you ...

i believe travelpedia meant the town taxi not airport taxi? airport to town better take taxi by buying taxi coupon upon arrival at taxi counter. they are using coupon system. if you at town, its the other story. almost same like in kl. set the price 1st before hop on the taxi. price from hotel/town to airport is standard, RM25 if not mistaken. but if for your family size, u might need 2 taxis

Sign in to follow this