MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
muhd noor iskandar

I don't get the Tiger Airways pricing

They have this 100,000 free seatings thingy.

then, they state there Latest Deals (from Singapore) Fares incl. taxes & charges from

and kuching is $45.

then when we scroll down the ad, it states.

* Fares are for one-way travel and exclude taxes & charges.

this is so confusing, has anyone booked tix to kuching for this coming weeks?

my aunt told me there was a 50% discount promotion, but when i did the mock booking, the prices were 100+ for each flight.

Edited by muhd noor iskandar

The "50% off" has ended, now TR launches a new Promo, "100,000 Free Seats".

The S$45 is the tax and charges, the seat itself is free. This promo is for tickets bought between the 6-16 Dec, or until all seats are sold. And only for flights from 1 Jan-31 MAR 09, and not before that.

I made a dummy booking for SIN-KCH 1 Jan and KCH-SIN 9 Jan, total "return" fare is S$105.00

Be informed that TR charges S$10 for check-in luggage ( 1 luggage/per sector and below 15kilos ), so if return, thats S$20.

TR also charges S$5 (Convinience fee) persector.

i.e:

Jan 1 SIN-KCH SGD45 ( S$0 + S$45)

Jan 9 KCH-SIN SGD60 ( S$0 + S$60)

Total : SGD 105.00

Additional Charges:

Check-in Luggage SGD20 (return)

Con. Fee SGD10 (return)

Grand Total : SGD 135.00

You can get these seats all the way till 31 March 09. Good Luck...hope I enlighten you...

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

thanks kenneth!

unfortunately im leaving on the 21st of Dec and returning on 25th.

My aunt has booked using the 50% discount thingy period i guess.

so for mine, is it correct to say theres no discounts? well :(

total to and fro would be 205SGD

worth it?

why , sir?

WHY??

yes, whyyyy

is there something life jeopardizing that i should know if i take Tiger?

:o

i wouldnt fly TR, even if it was free.

And why not? I have flown TR several times to Hanoi, HCMC, Bangkok. Phuket... Assigned seating, meals served in a snack box, friendly FAs, single aisle so what is the difference from a MAS 737? =@

And why not? I have flown TR several times to Hanoi, HCMC, Bangkok. Phuket... Assigned seating, meals served in a snack box, friendly FAs, single aisle so what is the difference from a MAS 737? =@

:clapping:

Well maybe because TR uses the Budget Terminal and you have to pay extra for luggage and credit cards charges if you compare it with JetStar then again our friend here might have a bad experience with TR before. hahaha!

So Ryan, they actually serve food? On TR? Not bad...I thought you have to buy their food onboard...would like to give them a try someday....

As for Iskandar...205 is still somewhat cheap you know...hehehe

Try AK but they are more expensive coz Kuchingites are always under the impression that AK must be cheaper...DUH!

yup omg its so silly first its 450 for 2 tix then when i wanna pay by credit it rose to 490. im gonna die.

do you guys think the Tigerrr insurance is mandatory? i was thinking of not opting for that. is there a way i dont need to pay the convenience fare.

wow i feel cheated the internet discount price is offset by the credit card convenience cost. or am i missing something like other payment methods.

im so broke im 18 and i am sad

I know how you feel...dont worry hahaha...more opportunity will come your way...all the best.

Im flying to SIN in May...there to catch CATS...i bought Jetstar...RM215 return, "0" fares tickets...

I know how you feel...dont worry hahaha...more opportunity will come your way...all the best.

Im flying to SIN in May...there to catch CATS...i bought Jetstar...RM215 return, "0" fares tickets...

CATS coming back to Singapore again ah??

where you get info ah Kenneth, showing at the durian is it??

CATS coming back to Singapore again ah??

where you get info ah Kenneth, showing at the durian is it??

Yup at the Durian...go to SISTIC.com.sg...you will get info of up coming shows...hehehe...I was there 2 years ago, Phantom was in town...next year is CATS!! Cant wait! I'm going the May Day long weekend...I missed MAMA MIA in KUL, too late...tickets sold out....hahahaha!

At least got excuse to fly with JetStar....

yup omg its so silly first its 450 for 2 tix then when i wanna pay by credit it rose to 490. im gonna die.

do you guys think the Tigerrr insurance is mandatory? i was thinking of not opting for that. is there a way i dont need to pay the convenience fare.

wow i feel cheated the internet discount price is offset by the credit card convenience cost. or am i missing something like other payment methods.

im so broke im 18 and i am sad

The fact is that you are 18 an you have a CREDIT CARD? What is this world coming to nowadays... *faint*

I have to keep reminding people what an LCC is. You pay cheap, you get cheap. RM450-490 is only what... RM40.00 difference? SGD16.00? USD10.00??? I mean .. COME ON! LCC LCC LCC... Now repeat after me... L C C...

People bitch about not being able to call into the hotline blah blah blah but BE GLAD THERE IS EVEN A CALL CENTER TO BEGIN WITH. All these are additional costs to the airline and it is not cheap running a call center with operators, add on to that operators who can tolerate constant bitching from customers about why they being charged this and that... In short customers who do not get the concept of what an LCC is.

LCC gives you the option of doing away with frills you do not need. Only a day trip no check in luggage? Shave off SGD15.00. No preferred seating needed? Shave off another SGD20.00. Hate airline food and do not want to pay for what they are serving you coz you dont eat it anyway? Shave off some more $$$ since you won't partake in the BOB. So all these little costs adds up at the end of the day.

So before anyone starts another tirade about why TR is this, AK is that and 3K what the hell (???)... think again about WHAT IS THE CONCEPT of an LCC. If you still feel like letting go about how the airline cheated you, go back to MAS where you can have your frills all thrown at you whether you want it or not, 5-star style.

Seriously everyone, I think a reality check is long overdue.

The fact is that you are 18 an you have a CREDIT CARD? What is this world coming to nowadays... *faint*

I have to keep reminding people what an LCC is. You pay cheap, you get cheap. RM450-490 is only what... RM40.00 difference? SGD16.00? USD10.00??? I mean .. COME ON! LCC LCC LCC... Now repeat after me... L C C...

People bitch about not being able to call into the hotline blah blah blah but BE GLAD THERE IS EVEN A CALL CENTER TO BEGIN WITH. All these are additional costs to the airline and it is not cheap running a call center with operators, add on to that operators who can tolerate constant bitching from customers about why they being charged this and that... In short customers who do not get the concept of what an LCC is.

LCC gives you the option of doing away with frills you do not need. Only a day trip no check in luggage? Shave off SGD15.00. No preferred seating needed? Shave off another SGD20.00. Hate airline food and do not want to pay for what they are serving you coz you dont eat it anyway? Shave off some more $$$ since you won't partake in the BOB. So all these little costs adds up at the end of the day.

So before anyone starts another tirade about why TR is this, AK is that and 3K what the hell (???)... think again about WHAT IS THE CONCEPT of an LCC. If you still feel like letting go about how the airline cheated you, go back to MAS where you can have your frills all thrown at you whether you want it or not, 5-star style.

Seriously everyone, I think a reality check is long overdue.

Omg, sorry if i came across being obnoxious or whatnots. I don't have a credit card, that's my dad's.

I mean the process and hidden costs are tricky. I don't get the convenience cost portion where we have to pay 20 bucks just because we pay via Visa. Just would like to know that if we book online, is that the only payment mode available?

Well then that would offset the internet discount, thats what i thought.

Its 490SGD. :nea:

And the 40 dollars is in SINGAPORE Dollars. That would be like 100 Ringgit wasted, no?

I'm thinking of just having one luggage and sharing them with my bro's so its 7kg +7kg + 15kg.

I'm kinda stressed out as this is our first independent vacation and our parents donot want to fork out any amount for us.

Needless to say, every SGD is worth alot.

Edited by muhd noor iskandar

so to summarize :

- Is it risky if i don't purchase the travel insurance? Is the rate of TR flight postponement/cancellation high?

- Do you think opting out the 15kg luggage for my bro so we just share 1 luggage is a smart move?

If i uncheck those two components, that would be 450SGD total.

Well, my experiences with the Tiger pricing is funny too

I just booked fairly recently my trip back from Per-Sin-Kch. Funny part is.. they dont charge extra charges when using credit card when i booked my per-sin sector.. but they charged extra SGD5 to the bill on my Sin-Kch sector.. And they dont describe the SGD5 as credit card charges but "convenience fee or something like that"? What the......

And the other thing is that.. My trip was surpose to cost only SGD45 all in.. that is if i booked without check in luggage.. but the numbers doesnt add up as i was charged in total SGD65?!

SGD65-10(15kg baggage)-SGD5(credit card charge) = SGD50, so where the heck did the extra SGD 5 come from??

But service wise.. out going route from singkapor is fair enough with plenty of foods to purchase on board and they taste better than MH's off course. But the sad part is the returning route to Singapore is somewhat empty with not much choice left for food purchases. So if so happens the out going route meals are all taken up, there'd be nothing left for the returning portion of the passengers.. That's what happened to me on my Per-Sin flight in October.. I hope it wont happen again in January :pardon:

Crews were attentive just like AK does. Pilot were mostly Aussies. The only thing to worry about is the pax seating right next to you.. If its a snobbish aussie bloke.. then mati lah.. if they are of A380 size.. habislah!!! hahaha but if you seat right next to a pretty ah moi for those of u bachelors our there.. untunglah..

Well, my experiences with the Tiger pricing is funny too

I just booked fairly recently my trip back from Per-Sin-Kch. Funny part is.. they dont charge extra charges when using credit card when i booked my per-sin sector.. but they charged extra SGD5 to the bill on my Sin-Kch sector.. And they dont describe the SGD5 as credit card charges but "convenience fee or something like that"? What the......

And the other thing is that.. My trip was surpose to cost only SGD45 all in.. that is if i booked without check in luggage.. but the numbers doesnt add up as i was charged in total SGD65?!

SGD65-10(15kg baggage)-SGD5(credit card charge) = SGD50, so where the heck did the extra SGD 5 come from??

But service wise.. out going route from singkapor is fair enough with plenty of foods to purchase on board and they taste better than MH's off course. But the sad part is the returning route to Singapore is somewhat empty with not much choice left for food purchases. So if so happens the out going route meals are all taken up, there'd be nothing left for the returning portion of the passengers.. That's what happened to me on my Per-Sin flight in October.. I hope it wont happen again in January :pardon:

Crews were attentive just like AK does. Pilot were mostly Aussies. The only thing to worry about is the pax seating right next to you.. If its a snobbish aussie bloke.. then mati lah.. if they are of A380 size.. habislah!!! hahaha but if you seat right next to a pretty ah moi for those of u bachelors our there.. untunglah..

haha why does everyone mentioned that the credit card convenience charge is 5SGD, mine is 20 SGD so i assume thats 10SGD each per pax. wow thats cheap 45SGD only, thats equal to my tax charges hehe.

Ignatius, ddid you purchase the Purrtection insurance, was it necessary?

okay guys thanks for putting up with my nonsense.

I have finalized and booked two tix to Kuching on the 21st.

wish me luck since my last flight was like 6 years ago.

Freaky. I'm gonna shoot lotsa photos.

Now need to find an indepth guide for Kuching whee.

Welcome to Kuching my friend .. :drinks:

Kuching Wikitravel Guide

very helpful...

Sarawak Tourism

the official site with links...

Donwload this guide...very helpful, and still valid...

Kuching Official Guide 2006

Which hotel are you staying in? Should be free for a day or two to take you around for a City Tour...how long will you be in Kuching? You can PM me your details and we'll keep in touch ok? All the best...see you...

Welcome to Kuching my friend .. :drinks:

thank you! you know who i am right, iskandar from flickr , thanks for the help in directing me to this forum. :drinks:

Which hotel are you staying in? Should be free for a day or two to take you around for a City Tour...how long will you be in Kuching? You can PM me your details and we'll keep in touch ok? All the best...see you...

thnaks for the guide, kenneth. you've been very helpful since day 1.

I will be going there with 6 other family members. It's either Harbourview Hotel or Kuching hotel.

From 21st to 25th, very long right. hehe hope that it will be a blast!

As a photography enthusiasts, I'm yearning for some pictureque places to shoot near the hotel or elsewhere.

I heard the taxis are not reliable, guess I will be taking bus rides then. I guess I should loan a DSLR for the tirp hehe

thank you! you know who i am right, iskandar from flickr , thanks for the help in directing me to this forum. :drinks:

Don't forget to buy ikan terubok masin ..

Will wait for your Travel Report (TR) :D

Sign in to follow this