MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
yeadrian

MH Flight Simulator Experience

Now that I have time - was flicking through MH's - Going Places (Nov), page 34 caught my attention..

Excerpted from the Magazine : -

Our Flight Simulator Experience Programme is conducted at Malaysia Airlines Simulator Building, MAS Complex A, Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport, Subang, Selangor.

Each 60 minute session is open to a maximum of 3 participants at RM500 per person. Gift Vouchers are available.

E-Mail - simexperience@malaysiaairlines.com

for more details log on to : - www.malaysiaairlines.com (could not find the page - don't bother!)

Sounds like an interesting idea... anyone experienced it before?

if you have chance to go to, I strongly advise, do not miss this experience.

What aircraft type(s) do they offer on the SIM ? :huh:

If you guys have a choice, choose the A330, it'll make the others seem like Atari going against the PS2.

I've not seen it myself but I was told the newest level d 744 sim is the best in terms of graphic.

Now that I have time - was flicking through MH's - Going Places (Nov), page 34 caught my attention..

Excerpted from the Magazine : -

Our Flight Simulator Experience Programme is conducted at Malaysia Airlines Simulator Building, MAS Complex A, Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport, Subang, Selangor.

Each 60 minute session is open to a maximum of 3 participants at RM500 per person. Gift Vouchers are available.

E-Mail - simexperience@malaysiaairlines.com

for more details log on to : - www.malaysiaairlines.com (could not find the page - don't bother!)

Sounds like an interesting idea... anyone experienced it before?

That's good... Missed that part from the mag..

Max 3 persons @ RM500/person.... So if you go alone... do you pay RM1500 or only RM500?... :p

anyway... it's cheap...

I'd suggest go for it if you've the chance...

My experience?...

Short ride in the 'old' B744.. Capt seat... Official visit with IEM...

and another one... B777 ... left hand seat, did a circuit in Jo'berg..

with a lot of helps and laughters from lefthand seat guy... :p

Well they did not specify which aircraft type sim, but the article mentioned b777 experience of one the participants.

"MH owns 6 aircraft simulators b747-400, b77-200, a330-300 and two units of 737-400 and a Fokker 50"

I think I should give it an experience, something worthy. During college days I went on once SQ's B747 cockpit tour, a family friend who is also a SQ pilot who is onboard at the same time took me on the tour. There were so many things everywhere that I froze in nervousness that I may touch some equipments, the experience was awesome and unforgettable...

Norman - I think its a maximum number of person, minimum is not restrictive I guess :lol:

Time to make some enquiries.....

I hope, this offer would be continue until we visit to Malaysia someday again. I'd like try to get experience in T7 or B747.

Sim visit will definitely be nice . Use it as an opportunity to try some interesting -800 feet per minute touch down ..

Many Boeing types at MH , but also quite old , but I believe the new Jumbo sim is quite ' high end ' ..

Over here at CAE , we are mostly Airbus , with 4 A320's , 1 A330 and 1 737 ...

The Airbus sim's are truly state of the art machines with some truly amazing graphical output ...

This is an example ....

http://www.cae.com/photo.gallery/Civil_02.jpg

Sim visit will definitely be nice . Use it as an opportunity to try some interesting -800 feet per minute touch down ..

Many Boeing types at MH , but also quite old , but I believe the new Jumbo sim is quite ' high end ' ..

Over here at CAE , we are mostly Airbus , with 4 A320's , 1 A330 and 1 737 ...

The Airbus sim's are truly state of the art machines with some truly amazing graphical output ...

This is an example ....

http://www.cae.com/photo.gallery/Civil_02.jpg

or landing without a flare.....hehehe

I've not seen it myself but I was told the newest level d 744 sim is the best in terms of graphic.

That is true but what I meant was the level of automation and the way the A330 flies. Saying that any aircraft will be great if you have the chance to experience the simulators.

I think RM500 is not too bad compared to other airlines, isnt it? I know in DArling Harbour Sydney, there;s this company offering fixed base simulator at $235 for one hour or $145 for a 30-minute flight.

But RM500 is RM500, at this point, 'tak mampu' la for me. he he

Gavin, actually we evaluate to prices in angle of amateur view.Thatswhy the prices is seems high for personnal budgets. RM1500 means 412$/324€ per hour. my experience cost was 314€/hr at IFTC Istanbul for 737NG (the same price for A320). Some of guys working to get lower price for like us amateur aviators but they couldn't get any result yet. as far as I know there is one simulator center in UK and hourly cost approximetly 420€/hr. (all of them are commercial full motion LEVEL D simulators)

To find a chance about sim experience on the commercial airliner simulator is really hard whole of the world even you have ability to pay. RM1500 can be seems higher(expensive) for avarage people like as us but it is a "real chance". I believe so many skylovers can be save money and getting budget for at least 1/2hrs and you can share 2 persons.

What can you do in 1/2 hr as PIC (pilot in command)?

-fully circle to land , it takes just 10 minutes.

-CATII landing (from 8-10nm)

-an emergency landing or takeoff

-find a right person who is the share cockpit with you.(you will be a team for 1 hrs)

-if you make some preparation and briefing about your planning at the sim before flight, you can live a fully 1 hr

-you must be read somethings before go to simulator.it would be help for cockpit orientation.

-you never be act a real pilot thatswhy be relax and focus your flight and get the aircraft under your control.Try to limits yourselves.

-try to get enjoy :) you are not a pilot, so you never loose your job when you make mistakes. this is "toys for big boys" such as like us flightlovers.

-Don't forget cameras :) very important to prove your success landing :)

at the last,

do not go to cinema,do not buy new sportshoes,do not buy a cellphone for a while,do not talk much longer for a while, do not dates the girls (probably it is hardest one!)

do not mistake this chance! :) come on guys we are waiting your simulator experience pictures.

Gavin, actually we evaluate to prices in angle of amateur view.Thatswhy the prices is seems high for personnal budgets. RM1500 means 412$/324€ per hour. my experience cost was 314€/hr at IFTC Istanbul for 737NG (the same price for A320). Some of guys working to get lower price for like us amateur aviators but they couldn't get any result yet. as far as I know there is one simulator center in UK and hourly cost approximetly 420€/hr. (all of them are commercial full motion LEVEL D simulators)

To find a chance about sim experience on the commercial airliner simulator is really hard whole of the world even you have ability to pay. RM1500 can be seems higher(expensive) for avarage people like as us but it is a "real chance". I believe so many skylovers can be save money and getting budget for at least 1/2hrs and you can share 2 persons.

What can you do in 1/2 hr as PIC (pilot in command)?

-fully circle to land , it takes just 10 minutes.

-CATII landing (from 8-10nm)

-an emergency landing or takeoff

-find a right person who is the share cockpit with you.(you will be a team for 1 hrs)

-if you make some preparation and briefing about your planning at the sim before flight, you can live a fully 1 hr

-you must be read somethings before go to simulator.it would be help for cockpit orientation.

-you never be act a real pilot thatswhy be relax and focus your flight and get the aircraft under your control.Try to limits yourselves.

-try to get enjoy :) you are not a pilot, so you never loose your job when you make mistakes. this is "toys for big boys" such as like us flightlovers.

-Don't forget cameras :) very important to prove your success landing :)

at the last,

do not go to cinema,do not buy new sportshoes,do not buy a cellphone for a while,do not talk much longer for a while, do not dates the girls (probably it is hardest one!)

do not mistake this chance! :) come on guys we are waiting your simulator experience pictures.

It's an addictive experience...

Tempting...time to axed off the wallet hehehe

BTW...Do they provide guidance by instructor or u just do it on ur own?Supervised us?

and thats in full motion rite?

Do they provide certificate for attend that session? like to prove that ur been there and perfom it..

Hahaha Khaled..wanna try ur pre-mature training?might help bout ur training after this hehehe :p

Edited by Aiman

Remember a few month before going to the MAS Complex to sit for the cadet pilot test. Even standing outside the simulator is already awesome, cant imagine if i am inside it.

Hahaha Khaled..wanna try ur pre-mature training?might help bout ur training after this hehehe :p

Hahaha...thanks but no thanks bro...I'll be tortured upside down soon.