MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Guest topolino

more flights need to eze

Guest topolino

mh operates kul - jnb -cpt - eze twice a week. the flights are always full year around. an extra flight is needed. why does MH not add extra flights.

South African airways has announced they will start eze from jnb next year three times a week, that is one more flight than MH... MH has a very good product, let see more of it...

mh operates kul - jnb -cpt - eze twice a week. the flights are always full year around. an extra flight is needed. why does MH not add extra flights.

South African airways has announced they will start eze from jnb next year three times a week, that is one more flight than MH... MH has a very good product, let see more of it...

Topolino, dunno how privy are you to the economics of this route but KUL-EZE needs to be scrapped pronto! It has been an eyesore on the airline's financial sheets for a long time not to mention a laughing stock.

Doing a random search, per Sabre you can do MEL-EZE return for USD1276 base fare in Economy. And this is a H fare, a rather high sub class. I dread to see what the yields are! :blink:

Edited by Keith T

Guest topolino

Mh in South africa have advised they are making money on the route and would like to add an extra flight. MH will never cancel the route as it is the only flight to south america for asia. Mh is 87% full in F anf J class, so i think they are making money.. the rumour has been for year is that they are being block to add extra flights.

Mh in South africa have advised they are making money on the route and would like to add an extra flight. MH will never cancel the route as it is the only flight to south america for asia. Mh is 87% full in F anf J class, so i think they are making money.. the rumour has been for year is that they are being block to add extra flights.

Suprising percentage to me..I never know that much amount of pax load on this route..I may guess pax more are flies from SA than KUL to EZE..

How about Y class??it is more than half full??

Very strange numbers indeed... Care to share your source?

I believe Korean Air serves Seoul - Buenos Aires, so MH is not the sole carrier for Asia - South America flights.

On the other hand I couldn't fathom anyone else willing to travel the entire leg of KUL-JNB-CPT-EZE. The trip alone is nearly 24 hours. If MH reroute it through AKL or even through Mexico City (where MH used to serve, long long time ago), it would save the horror of just mentioning so many stops.

I believe Korean Air serves Seoul - Buenos Aires, so MH is not the sole carrier for Asia - South America flights.

On the other hand I couldn't fathom anyone else willing to travel the entire leg of KUL-JNB-CPT-EZE. The trip alone is nearly 24 hours. If MH reroute it through AKL or even through Mexico City (where MH used to serve, long long time ago), it would save the horror of just mentioning so many stops.

Korean Air does not serve Buenos Aires.

I remember flying KUL-JNB-CPT-EZE back in 2006 on Business Class.

Economy class was almost 100 % full on all legs. Surprisingly, there were a lot of Chinese immigrants who live in Argentina.

Business class was full from KUL-JNB-CPT, but was about 60 % from CPT-EZE.

First class, as observed by me, was also with healthy loads.

I remember flying KUL-JNB-CPT-EZE back in 2006 on Business Class.

Economy class was almost 100 % full on all legs. Surprisingly, there were a lot of Chinese immigrants who live in Argentina.

Business class was full from KUL-JNB-CPT, but was about 60 % from CPT-EZE.

First class, as observed by me, was also with healthy loads.

Unbelievable to me..I believe most of us here though this route not popular and unprofitable because MAS arch rival SIA dont operate to South America destination..

Emm only 3 airline fly to S America,,MAS, JAL (Brazil) and Korean Air..

With few airlines serving this route, it makes viability more viable ;)

I have occasionally swerved into not believing when I read forums (here and other sites) saying that MH is bleeding profusely on this route, face saving route and that it is a politically motivated route, and yeah - right down to a comment that the route was meant to serve an ex-premier who has a cattle ranch in Argentina!!!

Have not flown to EZE - but my experience with JNB and CPT was full. Although 1 or 2 full capacity trips I experience does not represent the Airline or that the route is doing well. I am sure MH has the necessary insights on route profitability and would have axed it long ago if it is really draining their blood out.

Ever since MAS started flying there, I'm sorry I have to say this, our streets are full of Africans. Nothing against them per se, but these people bring in their culture with not an iota of respect towards locals. I'm going to be simplistic here and hoping MAS would axe ZA altogether.

Edited by H Azmal

Ever since MAS started flying there, I'm sorry I have to say this, our streets are full of Africans.

That is very irrelevant(?)

It's not Buenos Aires,It's Sao Paulo.Korean Air recently launched Seoul-Los Angeles-Sao Paulo route.

Sorry, Seth - I was talking more about the social impact of the KUL-JNB-CPT-EZE route.

Folks around Cheras, Jalan Klang Lama and Kepong are already complaining. I have seen myself the friction between them and locals. To my mind we have never seen people from that corner of the world in great numbers prior to MAS flying to ZA. Not that I am saying it's MAS' "fault", but rather an observation on how local social balance can be disrupted if you open up air links between certain countries. Of course there are other factors too like local colleges wooing prospective students from there, etc. MAS only makes it easier.

Edited by H Azmal

I am sure MH has the necessary insights on route profitability and would have axed it long ago if it is really draining their blood out.

Insight they may have, routes they may have, a free hand to axe they do not have :p

Anyway, don't worry about blood draining, transfusions readily available !

Ever since MAS started flying there, I'm sorry I have to say this, our streets are full of Africans. Nothing against them per se, but these people bring in their culture with not an iota of respect towards locals. I'm going to be simplistic here and hoping MAS would axe ZA altogether.

This has to be the most xenophobic comment I have encountered thus far on this forum. You might as well say the Johorians are upset that Singaporeans are swarming JB! I mean... Come on! Just because a monority group begins to gather in large numbers, of course there will be an enroachment of local turf to be expected. You cannot expect Malaysia to be constantly full of MALAYS do you? Races come and go some more than others so perhaps a little more understanding is needed from you about their culture. Have you done that?

With regards to MH's EZE route...

They fly this sector only twice a week, so what kind of business traffic are you going to attract? Nada... And so how to full up the cabins? By offering the lowest of the lowest promotional fares you can think of. The issue here is not to JNB and CPT, but onwards to EZE. Perhaps there might be a trickle of curious passengers who will fly all the way between EZE and KUL but the trade links between South America and SE Asia is so minimal it doesn't take a scientist to figure out the economics of this route. This is a long and thin route and for an aircraft to be away for that long and the distance involved, think of the fuel burnt (744 not that efficient compared to 777), ground services paid at these 3 stations (non-econimical milk-run style flights are a thing of the past) versus the revenue you can earn from these paying pax. Shave off the necessary and see what kind of yield you are left with. So yes the front end cabins might be 70-80% filled but at what cost??

Edited by Ryan Soh

Unbelievable to me..I believe most of us here though this route not popular and unprofitable because MAS arch rival SIA dont operate to South America destination..

Since when does SIA's actions affect what MAS plans to do? The latter has always gone off on it's own tangent charting it's own course, no? Zagreb? Beirut? Mexico City? Madrid with the A330s (brave...)?? SQ has considered Sao Paolo and Rio de Janeiro in the past, if I am not wrong. However the feasibility of it all just doesn't seem to be justified for now. Perhaps in the future, who knows?

This has to be the most xenophobic comment I have encountered thus far on this forum. You might as well say the Johorians are upset that Singaporeans are swarming JB! I mean... Come on! Just because a monority group begins to gather in large numbers, of course there will be an enroachment of local turf to be expected. You cannot expect Malaysia to be constantly full of MALAYS do you? Races come and go some more than others so perhaps a little more understanding is needed from you about their culture. Have you done that?

No disrespect meant to you Mr Soh, but if you care to see in the Golden Lounge section of the forum, you will see my rather generic statement pales in comparison with what is in there, with no challenges - so I take issue with the 'most' qualifier. Still I do not blame you for seeing it as xenophobic. I call it honest observation. And I said locals, not Malays (why bring in Malays in here, I was talking about locals - Malaysians of all ancestry). I am not expecting to see Malaysia full of Malays, or just Malaysians for that matter. It's when people bring their culture here with no respect to locals, that I feel I need to make a statement. Have you even read Malaysian newspapers with news about them? And yes, I live among them here and tell me please what is there to understand from people who ask you to shut up when you ask them to give consideration to people who are sleeping past midnight?

Barring political differences Malaysians are generally not upset of Singaporeans coming, so I think your Johor analogy is inaccurate - in fact, I love having my Singaporean friends come and visit me, not least becase theyr respect local culture and laws.

OT.

(LOL Why am I getting my foot into this! :) )

Edited by H Azmal

Azmal,

different strokes for different folks I guess. Perhaps I was a bit too harsh on you but I still stand by what I said. I am by no means the right person to judge what is happening in your neighbourhood since I do not live there but I do have a lot of Bangladeshi's in mine. So rather than be up in arms about it, we have learnt to embrace them and actually some of my neighbours use this opportunity to get their help for getting some handiwork done aron the house, and they are almost more than willing to help.

Anyway better not divert too much from the thread... Back to the topic. I just found out a bit more info...

With regards to SQ's foray into S America, an agreement has already been forged between Brazil and Singapore and they are more than eager to fly into GRU. However SA has refused to grant rights to SQ so no go. LIS has agreed in principle to allow SQ to do it but the yields are deemed too low.

I assume there is 5th freedom rights granted to MH;s CPT-EZE??

I sent you a PM ;)

Anyway I'm sorry I brought up that offtopic stuff in this topic - my guts got the better of me for a few moments.

BTW I thought MEX, unlike EZE, was overwhelmingly received, and it was only because of AA's objection that they withdrew? No?