MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Thomas.L.A

Research on Runway Pavement

Hello Everybody...

It been awhile since i joined this forum,

that this was the first posting from me. :pardon:

I wish to ask for information here,..

I'm currently doing my feasibility study on my final year research project, in title of " The influence of texture depth on high speed skidding resistance of pavement at airport runway Kuala Lumpur International Airport". To my concern, this research requiring me to enter the runway to conduct a test at various critical zones of the runway such a touchdown zone, acceleration zone, etc.

It was challenging task indeed, I'm away with the regulations and procedures that certainly strict to enter the runway and to close the runway for such purpose was impossible.

To that extent, i would like to ask an opinion if there is still a possibility to enter the runway?

Maintenance period?

Suggestion.. Opinion... from you, much appreciated!!

Thanks...

Hai and Hello..

If don't mind, are you student doing degree in what course??The topic of your FYP look interesting to me,,since I from civil engineering field, at some point I learn some basic of road pavement..

Sorry I cant assist much on this matter but I like to see and know how you carry out your project..

Maybe you can try ask permission from MAB office at Terminal2 Subang Airport to do some test on Subang runway..Since the runway less busy than KLIA..

Hi Thomas...

It will be difficult... but not impossible. You can get your college to write to MAB regarding this.

Normally they carry out simple maintenance on runway 1 (32R/14) on Mondays between 1100-1400

and runway 2 (32L/14R) on Tuesdays... same time. During this time the runway will be closed to air traffic.

Sometimes they operate single runway between midnight to dawn....

Try your luck then... ;)

your FYP is more or less the same field as mine....pavement engineering..

do you have any sort of equipment to carry out the test to collect any data? coz i used to carry out pavement testing and analysis at various airports around Malaysia for the past 3 years....

anything you can just PM me with all your questions...

yeah...i can give you the names and contact numbers of person in charge for KLIA and those in MAB HQ...

Ashmil, i guess we are in the same field, I'm doing Degree in Civil Engineering now, Subang was one of the option but would like to try for KLIA first..

Thanks..

your FYP is more or less the same field as mine....pavement engineering..

do you have any sort of equipment to carry out the test to collect any data? coz i used to carry out pavement testing and analysis at various airports around Malaysia for the past 3 years....

anything you can just PM me with all your questions...

yeah...i can give you the names and contact numbers of person in charge for KLIA and those in MAB HQ...

Fairul, apologize for the late reply... I believe you are expert in this field, For your information the test will be run by utilizing the Portable Skid Resistance Tester (Pendulum Tester), to your side im very sure you have been utilizing the latest and advance tools. would like to share you more on this particular matter and i look for the opportunity of knowledge sharing with you. will PM you afterward.. thanks

Ashmil, i guess we are in the same field, I'm doing Degree in Civil Engineering now, Subang was one of the option but would like to try for KLIA first..

Thanks..

Ohh good to know we on same bus..hehe..Anyway, if you dont mind,,I would like to join and see how your conduct the test and go the runway for inspection..No matter either Subang or KLIA..Just to get some extra info,knowledge and experience..I must say no many people involve with this as far I concern in my faculty..

Sign in to follow this