MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Chaity

AirAsia May Fly To Uzbekistan, Says Abdullah

AK, you chance to act

-------------------------------

TASHKENT (Uzbekistan), Nov 18 (Bernama) -- Low-cost carrier, AirAsia may fly to Uzbekistan in a move to establish air links between the two countries.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi said he had informed the AirAsia group chief executive officer Tony Fernandes on the matter and the latter had agreed to study it as soon as possible....

-------------------------------

See full text in --> Bernama

Edited by Chaity

Wahhhh...

I'm stunned....

Wherever the Menteri goes, one of the possible statement will be DIRECT AIR-LINK between Malaysia and the respective country.....

Remember KENYA?

Remember CHILE?

Wahhhh...

I'm stunned....

Wherever the Menteri goes, one of the possible statement will be DIRECT AIR-LINK between Malaysia and the respective country.....

Remember KENYA?

Remember CHILE?

hey, who is the flag carrier of Malaysia now?

hey, who is the flag carrier of Malaysia now?

In this case, I'll be happy to have AK / D7 to be the flag carrier.....

Sweet promises...

Menanam tebu ditepi bibir... [roughly: planting sugarcane on the mouth]

Not just here, now on foreign countries as well... amazing..

In this case, I'll be happy to have AK / D7 to be the flag carrier.....

Yeah, ease pressure and burden to MAS. This way, MAS can concentrate on profit generating routes, while AK/D7 forced to do 'National Service' :D

Maybe now Dato' TF feeling the pressure of being too closed to the PM and his fourth floor boys.

Edited by Fitri Shukri

Yay, we can shop for ex-soviet weapons in Uzbek!

Edited by waiping

I wonder how will it be after PAKLAH turun takhta!

Still same if KJ & Kalimullah still 'alive'

Hope all AK 'kroni' (crony) will be charge by ACA.... tunggu

TF will suffer from post natal syndrome or "meroyan" coz Najib is pro MAS...ha ha ha ha!

Eddie, I agree with u

I' always visit my twin's office at level 2 (Jbtn Perdana Menteri).. i can see the 'crony' always come here...

in my mind (for what?????)

hehe..For those who what to travel to Tashkent with MAS,,you can..with B747-200F or newly B747-400F..hehehe..MASkargo..Almost daily I guest..

But if this be government to government deal,MAS sure be use for this case..But now see our PM ask AirAsia to do it, I may see it more on his interest to see more air network between 2 nations..

If it will be happen soon with AirAsia, either A320 will make 2 stops to Tashkent or direct with A330..But personally I see Datuk TF may not use his A330 for this..No pax = no profit..hehehe..

Eddie, I agree with u

I' always visit my twin's office at level 2 (Jbtn Perdana Menteri).. i can see the 'crony' always come here...

in my mind (for what?????)

Crony mane??? najib or Pak Lah??? hmmm don't tell me they are going to change the MD again....LoL

post-natal syndrome....

wahhh...

imagine this,

after paklah stepped down, suddenly LCC need to be closed, all move to MTB.

Yeah!!! LSG contract with MAS pun kena review...kah kah kah.....

If AK does fly to Kazakhstan, then who knows, we might see a surge of travelers from Almaty coming to KL because of cheap flights... (the country isn't as poor or run down as borat showed it to be)

the movie borat was filmed in a romanian gypsy village...not kazakhstan. the romanian gypsies thought he came there to film their plight! :) very unhappy when they found out he was just pissing about. he paid them a really small amount as well! they told the papers that they would kill him if he appeared there again! hahahaha

Crony mane??? najib or Pak Lah??? hmmm don't tell me they are going to change the MD again....LoL

Crony... for sure laa not MH (i hope you understand what i mean)

I hope MH will get more 'pembelaan' under pemerintahan Najib

don't worry about that, went i meet with Pak Lah last month, I has proposed to Pak Lah to retain Jala as MD for long period.

PM in Malaysia are surrounded by yes men all the time, have made them think they are like almighty; invincible, their wish is command to people and their wisdom is unerring. Hence, tend to be out of reality.

AirAsia plans flights to Uzbekistan

AIRASIA is looking into the possibility of flying to Uzbekistan following a request by Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi .

The prime minister said AirAsia group chief executive officer Datuk Seri Tony Fernandes was receptive to the idea and assured him that he would make an immediate appraisal of the proposal.

Uzbekistan Airways flies twice a week between Tashkent and Kuala Lumpur on a code-sharing basis with Malaysia Airlines.

Fernandes said in Kuala Lumpur yesterday: "We are more than 70 per cent sure of going to Uzbekistan. We will make a trip there and if we can get the right rates such as airport charges, we will definitely operate flights."

Abdullah said the proposal to increase the frequency of flights between the countries was raised during his meeting with Uzbek President Islam Karimov.

He said having more flights would benefit both countries, especially in tourism.

Abdullah was speaking to reporters after a meeting with Karimov, during which both leaders witnessed the signing of three memorandums of understanding on cooperation in the areas of science and technology, higher education and development of human capital in the oil and gas industry.

Abdullah is leading a delegation which includes ministers in the Prime Minister's Department, Datuk Seri Nazri Aziz and Tan Sri Amirsham Abdul Aziz, Higher Education Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin, National Unity, Culture, Arts and Heritage Minister Datuk Ser Shafie Apdal and Petronas president and chief executive officer Tan Sri Hassan Marican.

The Malaysian delegation, including the prime minister's wife Datin Seri Jeanne Abdullah, left yesterday for Samarkand, a popular tourist destination.

In Kuala Lumpur, long-haul budget airline AirAsia X said it was studying the possibility of mounting flights to Central Asia, including Uzbekistan, as early as next year.

"We've been looking at (operating) new routes. We have looked at countries in Central Asia such as Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan, and will make a trip to Uzbekistan, probably in January, to meet officials there and explore possibilities for new routes," Fernandes told the New Straits Times yesterday.

"We think Uzbekistan has enormous tourism potential and people there will have a chance to come to Southeast Asia.

"We are proud the government has asked us (to establish the air link).

"It shows the importance of AirAsia to the economy and that the country now has a choice (besides Malaysia Airlines)."

Fernandes also said the airline was "serious" about mounting flights to Uzbekistan but had been held back by a lack of aircraft.

AirAsia X has ordered 25 A330-300s planes from Airbus.

It recently took delivery of its first plane, with the second one arriving next month. Four planes will be delivered next year.

The airline has begun operations to Australia's Gold Coast, Perth and Melbourne, as well as Hangzhou in China.

It is scheduled to begin flights to London in March, and also plans to operate flights to Japan and the Middle East.

-----------------------------------------------

sounds serious... and more like fernandez wanting to fly there than being forced to. 4 a330s next year, 1 for Japan, 1 for Tianjin, 1 for India, 1 for uzberk? Even then, they could probably squeeze in one more destination somewhere... anyone planning an exotic holiday to central asia? :lol:

Edited by reyneo

Sign in to follow this