James Gota

VS,SQ and BA intersted in 25% of Kingfisher

I can't get what it says because of slow internet connection

Here's the link http://www.travelbizmonitor.com/kingfisher...stake-sale-4028

anyway if anybody puts it another post it will be appriciated :drinks:

It just loaded

Kingfisher plans 25 per cent stake sale

By TBM Staff | Mumbai

Vijay Mallya's Kingfisher Airlines is holding exploratory talks with international carriers for diluting up to 25 per cent stake. The move comes as the Centre is reportedly planning a policy change to allow foreign airlines to invest in domestic carriers with a cap of just below 26 per cent, sources told the Economic Times (ET).

According to the ET, Kingfisher is believed to be discussing stake sale with three foreign airlines — British Airways, Singapore Airlines and Virgin Atlantic— as a strategic investment is expected to fetch better valuation compared to the numbers indicated by private equity investors.

Vijay Mallya, Chairman, Kingfisher Airlines said, “I have received several Expressions of Interest (EoI) from foreign airlines as the Kingfisher network is unparalleled. However, I cannot share details.” British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Singapore Airlines could not be contacted on the weekend; however interest from some of these airlines is not yet a formal one.

From http://www.travelbizmonitor.com/kingfisher...stake-sale-4028

lol... when i first saw the title, I thought for a second that the 3 enemies were working together for the 25% stake! Oh well, good for KF if this goes through, we'd see desperately needed money being pumped in.

Even after their merger with Jet Airways they are still looking for enhancements. It is indeed a bad time for Airlines companies...

SQ and VS are sister companies, can both be interested in an "ailing" airline at the same time?

I suspect it is more a case of "Kingfisher is interested in selling a 25% stake to SQ, BA or VS" than "SQ, BA. VS interested in 25% of Kingfisher".

Makes a world of difference.

KC Sim

I suspect it is more a case of "Kingfisher is interested in selling a 25% stake to SQ, BA or VS" than "SQ, BA. VS interested in 25% of Kingfisher".

Makes a world of difference.

KC Sim

agree.. though their lhr-blr load has been getting better.. average of 50-60% this week..

Even after their merger with Jet Airways they are still looking for enhancements. It is indeed a bad time for Airlines companies...

SQ and VS are sister companies, can both be interested in an "ailing" airline at the same time?

Just so you know, SQ/VS aren't "sister" airlines. SQ has already announced they are ready to drop the "underperforming" entity onto the lap of any takers.

heheheh!! technically - they are still sisters until a conclusive sale or until VS manages to lapdance on another lap....

maybe in this case - evil step sister?? (go figure which one is the evil one!!) :rofl:

SQ have been trying to shed VS since some time back, have they found any takers??

Just so you know, SQ/VS aren't "sister" airlines. SQ has already announced they are ready to drop the "underperforming" entity onto the lap of any takers.
Edited by yeadrian

Kingfisher Wants Nod For Foreign Stake Sale

November 17, 2008

India's Kingfisher Airlines has requested the government allow foreign airlines to buy up to 25 percent in Indian carriers, and said foreign airlines have expressed interest in buying a stake in it.

India does not allow foreign carriers to invest in local airlines. Kingfisher's request comes as losses mount for Indian carriers in a difficult operating environment.

"I believe aviation should be treated as per international norms and other industry sectors where strategic investors can invest," chairman Vijay Mallya said in a statement.

"I have received several expressions of interest from foreign airlines. However I cannot give details."

The global financial crisis and falling stock markets has made fundraising difficult for Indian carriers, who are expected to collectively post a loss of nearly USD$2 billion in the year to March 2009.

(Reuters)

Hehehe, we know which airlines :p

Sign in to follow this