MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chan CS

The removal of Maswings's Scratch and Go Card

Hello all, for all these while I've been traveling between BTU and BKI frequently, and to make save money, I'll always go to their scratch and go card, while is RM180 one way. This is the cheapest price I can get, even their cheapest internet fare is 250 something. No choice man, RM180 is very expensive for such a short route actually, with AK, I bought RM159 return to Miri!

But to make things worst, today when I went to buy a ticket from their office (Scratch and Go can only bought from their office or travel agent), they said Maswings no longer offer this scratch and go card thingy! I ended up buying the 'cheapest' online fare, which is RM528 return! Oh man this is insanely crazy expensive! I wonder how people can travel between this 2 cities!

So, this is how monopoly exists in Malaysia! Because no competition, they think they're king of the world! MAS always offers cheap fare to most of their destinations, but NOT MASWINGS!! How can this be? If firefly happens to be able to reduce their cost, why can't Maswings? I must say their are actually BULLYING their interior people! Because they know exactly that interior people depends on them! (A LOT, this may be their ONLY transportation!).

And for AK, they'll only fly to those destination that deem to be profitable for them, still remember FAX? Even FAX offers darn cheap tickets!

Ok, finish about the rant, and this may seems useless thread for some of you, but I just want to bring this issue up, because I'm damn pissed by them! They way they suck our money!

MOD you're free to do anything with this thread. :)

Problem is Money. If money falls of trees it will be great so i could start a airline.

So? Do you think if you've lots of money, you'll able to set up an airline?

Is money really a problem here?

Hi chan...im with you...same boat...I thought the scratch and go was a great idea...why cancelled it? I used it on several occasions...find it very useful and cheap...too bad they scrapped the concept...really good idea actually.

Hey, KK Lee, I think AK will not ply the route, their A320 is simply too big for them, F50 is just nice I must say. But weird though, Maswings has increased their one daily flight BTU-BKI to three times one day. Load wise I've no idea now. We can only hope... Haha!

Kenneth, I've no idea why the cancelled it, the ads are still everywhere actually, even their website, but i've asked several agents they also said it's out.

However, I found several discrepancies in their scratch and go card actually, just an example, the route BKI-MYY is RM180, BKI-BTU is also RM180. :)

Hopefully with the removal of this scratch and go, they will come out with another promotional program!

Hey Chan...got news for you...just got a reply from MASwings regarding the "Scratch n Go" card...they are not stopping, just waiting for printing and they are revising the fares...so...keep our fingers cross!!

Hi Kenneth,

MASwings has not stopped it's Scratch n Go product. In fact, we currently do not have sufficient stock at our office for distribution. The Scratch n Go is very popular - Demand outstripped supply! Hence, we are in the midst of printing the coupon.

The printing is done in KL, so we have to wait for HQ to send the coupons once printings are done. With the current ATR fleet and more to come, we might revise the fares. I cannot confirm the amount but am sure it would not be a huge variance.

Thanks for keeping in touch. And Kenneth, please continue to send your comments and suggestions to us on our products and services. We appreciate your opinion and we will continue to strive to come up with more innovative products to meet the needs of the community at large.

Thanks for your continuous support and God Bless.

Regards,

Melissa

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Hey Chan...got news for you...just got a reply from MASwings regarding the "Scratch n Go" card...they are not stopping, just waiting for printing and they are revising the fares...so...keep our fingers cross!!

Hey thanks for the good news! Really appreciate it a lot! So shock when I was told it was being 'cancelled' haha! Hope their 'revision' is not huge increases though. Thanks once again!

Hey thanks for the good news! Really appreciate it a lot! So shock when I was told it was being 'cancelled' haha! Hope their 'revision' is not huge increases though. Thanks once again!

You are most welcome...yeah..im keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best...coz...erm...my girlfriend is in Sibu...so I would be commuting back and forth in the future....hehehe!

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

I'm really looking forward to use these cards to fly somewhere else in Sarawak! Haven't flew for a long time already,due to unavoidable circumstances :sorry: