MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Insufficient KL-London Flights By MAS Will Be Raised In Cabinet, Says Azalina

This matter also goes to cabinet kah? Chicken prices, oil prices, etc, also go to cabinet. No wonder there's nobody managing the country.

===

November 11, 2008 23:19 PM

Insufficient KL-London Flights By MAS Will Be Raised In Cabinet, Says Azalina

LONDON, Nov 11 (Bernama) -- The Tourism Ministry will bring up the matter of insufficient Kuala Lumpur-London flights by Malaysia Airlines (MAS) to the Cabinet, said its minister Datuk Seri Azalina Othman Said.

She said the problem had affected tourist arrivals from Europe and London.

"Now with global fuel prices at a very low level, MAS should use the opportunity to increase its flight frequency on the KL-London route," she told reporters after opening Tourism Malaysia's booth known as Malaysia Pavilion at the World Travel Market fair at the ExCel London exposition park here Tuesday.

It is understood MAS, which used to operate some 14 flights a week on the route, had reduced the frequency to between 10 and 12 a week.

Azalina said this and other shortcomings like expensive airfares had caused Malaysians and Europeans to opt for other airlines.

She said apart from this, the London-Langkawi and London-Penang routes that had been scrapped, would also raised in the Cabinet.

Azalina also said that despite the economic crunch the world was facing, tourist arrivals in Malaysia showed an increase of 4.8 per cent as of October.

She said tourist arrivals from Britain as of October was 303,569, an increase of 36.1 per cent compared to arrivals for the whole of last year from that country.

"The daily average spending of tourists from the United Kingdom amounted to RM3,500 and their average length of stay was 9.6 days. This augurs well for Malaysia," she added.

-- BERNAMA

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v3/news_lite.php?id=371050

...said its minister Datuk Seri Azalina Othman Said.

Sigh, I hope IJ pays no heed to her. He is running the airline, not her. LHR-Langkawi / Penang again?? Aiyo...

Aint there better issues for them to discuss??? It amazes me... She should go back to law practice.

If you read the NST report on this piece of news, you will all laugh !!

The news read something along the lines of "......issues raised at the fair in London was that

the seats on MAS seats could not fully recline..."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

She said tourist arrivals from Britain as of October was 303,569, an increase of 36.1 per cent compared to arrivals for the whole of last year from that country.

"The daily average spending of tourists from the United Kingdom amounted to RM3,500 and their average length of stay was 9.6 days. This augurs well for Malaysia," she added.

Either the gomen statistics is inflated or MH is missing out business opportunity?

Wonder how typical Brit are spending RM3,500 a day in Malaysia? Hotel? Shopping? :pardon:

:drinks:

will they ever learn that companies are best left to be managed by their rightful corporate leaders with the unpolluted aim of generating revenue in the best interest of the organization - instead of intrusive hands...

She trying to prove that MH is so dazed that they cannot identify routes that needs extra capacity?

She only wants more flights but forgot to see that it's the amount of pax that matters. Why lack of pax? Most probably she is not doing her job good enough in the Tourism Ministry.

Wonder how typical Brit are spending RM3,500 a day in Malaysia? Hotel? Shopping? :pardon:

My sister and other half are currently back home - must remind them they're supposed to be splurging 7k daily, works out 210k by month's end. Even by my shophaholic sister's standard, I think she will still need assistance :)

Penang is a top destination for British tourists, so don't be surprised if she says Penang being dirty and has scared the British tourists off...

Although I like the PG's CM answers on her raising the issue of the island being dirty.....

http://www.theedgedaily.com/cms/content.js...8402c0-e459245e

The A380 will do the job nicely now....

She only wants more flights but forgot to see that it's the amount of pax that matters. Why lack of pax? Most probably she is not doing her job good enough in the Tourism Ministry.
Edited by yeadrian

My sister and other half are currently back home - must remind them they're supposed to be splurging 7k daily, works out 210k by month's end. Even by my shophaholic sister's standard, I think she will still need assistance :)

i'll help :D

Again, not something new, politician always have a different view than MH management....sad to say that is probably why MH is not making money :rolleyes:

Edited by Kenneth T

More flights? My suspicion is that she is going to press for the "excess rights" (termed as "extra flights") to be reassigned to another carrier.

Somehow, I feel ada prawn behind the stone or this is done under the instigation of an interested party.

Edited by Tim Lee

It is understood MAS, which used to operate some 14 flights a week on the route, had reduced the frequency to between 10 and 12 a week.

Did she know that the reduction in frequency to 12 flights per week is only temporary? Come Dec, MH will resume KUL-LHR to twice daily.

Did she know that the reduction in frequency to 12 flights per week is only temporary? Come Dec, MH will resume KUL-LHR to twice daily.

Oh when did this start and why is it only temporary?

Looking at the MAS website Ex KUL MH4 doesnt run anymore and EX LHR MH1 doesnt run on a Sunday. Is this correct?

Tunggu for AirAsia X lah!

Anyway, she's just making noise so that people know that she's actually 'working'.

Edited by Edwin P K

Oh when did this start and why is it only temporary?

Looking at the MAS website Ex KUL MH4 doesnt run anymore and EX LHR MH1 doesnt run on a Sunday. Is this correct?

November is normally a quiet time in the UK so its not surprising to see airlines reducing frequencies or downsizing planes, especially UK has the grimmest economic outlook among the developed countries.

MAS e-timetable is just as bad as their online booking engine!

Abang Azal needs to look back at the current situation. IJ is making profits to MH, why we need to bleed MH more?

More flight? Maybe using the 737-400 to London can increase the frequency.

Or....ask the Brahim catering to step down, appoint another caterer, maybe the cost can be cut down.

Sometimes, I just don't understand those politicians.....

Abang Azal needs to look back at the current situation. IJ is making profits to MH, why we need to bleed MH more?

Heeheehee! You are mean, bro. :rofl:

Heeheehee! You are mean, bro. :rofl:

syyyyy.....jangan bising bising! :girl_devil:

anyway, just a simple question here, among all destinations in Europe, why LONDON?

what about AMS, CDG, and FRA? and not to forget FCO?

If Penang is a top destinations for poms why not give a free flight to Penang if fly LHR-KUL return makes more people think of MH as a vfc carrier

November is normally a quiet time in the UK so its not surprising to see airlines reducing frequencies or downsizing planes, especially UK has the grimmest economic outlook among the developed countries.

MAS e-timetable is just as bad as their online booking engine!

So does anybody know what the current schedule is?

Sign in to follow this