MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
H C Chai

Tiger Airways unbelievably low price on KCH-SIN

As some of you may have already know, Tiger Airways are offering cheap fares on SIN-KUL and SIN-KCH at S$29.99 (approx RM72) each way inclusive of taxes and surcharges.

I was playing with their booking engine and couldn't belive my eyes when I saw this

Tiger1.jpg

Tiger2.jpg

It looks like a fare error to me? Taxes and fees on KCH-SIN sector have been zeroed out, however this only works when the promotional fare is RM6. On the SIN-KCH sector, taxes and fees are RM152.

So its RM6 for KCH-SIN one way and RM164 for KCH-SIN-KCH. Not a bad deal huh? ;)

Has anyone booked this flight? I have only done a dummy booking.

Edited by H C Chai

wait a minute..

do i still have to pay for the seat although i did not make reservation.. i mean do i have to pay it on check in?

and 1 baggage cost RM25..hmm....

Edited by Wilber Tan

wait a minute..

do i still have to pay for the seat although i did not make reservation.. i mean do i have to pay it on check in?

and 1 baggage cost RM25..hmm....

You only need to pay if you want to choose your seat in advance. Otherwise the check in staff will allocate a seat for you at check in FOC.

As the SIN-KCH sector do not have zero tax, you might want to try Jetstar (20kg luggage allowance) or AirAsia, both departing from T1. :pardon:

Also MH zero fare is still bookable until 9 Nov.

Edited by H C Chai

argh... paid rm319/return kch-sin-kch on jetstar. ok, at least i get to use T1 and got 20kg free baggage... to make myself happy...

booked on 05Feb

KCH-SIA

RM6+Tax Free+RM10 conveniece fee

TOTAL=RM16

Cool!

What is the RM10 convenience fee for??

Are you flying back to KCH with TR as well?

Cool!

What is the RM10 convenience fee for??

Are you flying back to KCH with TR as well?

no idea that convenience fee is for you, it only appear on the payment page..

so far did not book for return cuz i havent plan yet.. however i checked on return flight. TR is still cheapest

no idea that convenience fee is for you, it only appear on the payment page..

so far did not book for return cuz i havent plan yet.. however i checked on return flight. TR is still cheapest

Credit card fee for TR is called Convenience fee. Airasia group doesnt implement it, JQ on the other hand implements AUD3 per sector.

no idea that convenience is for you...hahaha wat is tad suppose to mean..

lol.. it should be is for wat...sorry sorry...

Credit card fee for TR is called Convenience fee. Airasia group doesnt implement it, JQ on the other hand implements AUD3 per sector.

icic.. no wonder it appear right after u choose credit card..

i dont have any "convenience fee" for Jetstar KCH-SIN-KCH... may be its only for Aussie sectors?

Did you go all the way to the end.. as in already submitting your Credit Card application?

Convenience Fee

All bookings made using an electronic form of payment will automatically be charged an additional convenience fee.

Convenience fees are charged at booking and are subjected to currency fluctuations.

For all Tiger Airways International Flights to/from Singapore S$4 / A$5 per passenger sector

Maybe you are just plain lucky. :D

Wow, so cheap to travel there. Is it limited seats for this promotion??

I dont think this is an offer. It looks more like their system cock up!

Taxes appeared to be zero as long as you choose the flight with promotional fare of RM6. Choose other fare you will see taxes back up to RM155.

Edited by H C Chai

hmm...or maybe its really tax free?? cuz TR actually has tax free promo now.. check on early december KCH-SIA. it is stated tax free..

RM79 one way...

but mine RM16 one way :pardon: .. haha....

just book a return flight..no RM6 for return..much more expensive

everything is RM175.82 for return flight..

so Overall should be RM16+RM175.82=RM191.82. quite da cheap oso..

oh ya, realised tad their exchange rate is higher than the exact.. ppl trading on 2.3 they are trading on 2.4.

lol..iam stupid enough to book the return flight yesterday...they offer free seat today and total for the flight is RM146.

however, no more for RM6..

my overall is RM191.82 and if book today overall will be RM269.4.