MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
marcusaffleck

Transit in Dubai

I'll be flying from KUL to Istanbul via Dubai by MH. Are passengers required to disembark during the short stop over?

Most of the time, you won't be REQUIRED to disembark and can do so at your own will, provided you comply with the conditions applied to you leaving the aircraft on transit. However, unless you're flying into T3...i suggest you just sleep in the aircraft :)

As far as I know, MH will be make 1H20M stop at Dubai as timetable.When we go to Bali from Istanbul with Singapore airlines via Duabi, we had 45 minutes stopover and we were disembarked from aircraft.Probably you will be wait in terminal and probably you have got to chance have a drink a cup of coffee.

When MH was doing the KUL - Dubai - a continental Europe stop - London vv thing, I recall it was mandatory for all to disembark at Dubai

It would be at some point when one's body clock was fighting desparately to make conflicting sense of onsetting jet lag, resulting in many 'walking deads' during the transit stops

Plus, Dubai in those days was nothing like the jazzy gleam promo pieces will have you believe nowadays - more a functional facility with the obligatory duty free and souvenir shops back then

Would be fun to revisit the place again !!

Whether to disembark during transit is subject to airport security and duty free sales requirement.

For flights into the USA, all pax need to board at last transit point for security clearance.

Duty free is an important source of income for BKK, KUL and DXB, disembark is encouraged.

:drinks:

Let say if MH uses the old terminal, what's the point of disembarking. RIght?

The new terminal (T3) is exclusively used by Emirates...MH will never go there.

edit: spelling.

Edited by Imran K.

Sign in to follow this