MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Guest Levent

Aviation articles on SE Asia

Guest Levent

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but here goes nothing!

As some of you already know, I am a freelance aviation writer and already had several articles published in magazines such as Airports of the World, Airliner World, Airliners Magazine and Airways. Also Flight International published a picture of mine.

All my published work up to now is now online on my site. The November-December 2008 issue of Airports of the World has two articles from my hand, on Vienna and Budapest airports, but I won't be putting these online for the next two months or so - I don't want to get into any problems with my Editor, after all! :-)

So here is an overview of the articles in the form of first pages. If you would like to read more, just click on the link. This first list is an overview of articles about Malaysian airports and airlines - a sort of tribute from my side as Malaysia has played a very important role in getting my aviation writing career started:

Langkawi

Langkawi1_small.jpg

Firefly (Flight International)

Firefly_FI_small.jpg

Firefly (Airliner World)

Firefly_Airliner_1_lr.jpg

Firefly (Airliners Magazine)

Firefly_Airliners_1_lr.jpg

KLIA

KLIA_1_lr.jpg

Kota Bharu

Kota_Bharu_1_lr.jpg

I also had a Penang article published in the Sep-Oct 2007 issue of Airports but never received a copy hereof - I hope to get one in the next week.

Hi Levent,

Nice reports.

I was just wandering since I'm now based in Jakarta, perhaps we could collaborate doing reports on the Indonesian Aviation scene? However my writing skills in this field is non existence, I just love aviation.

Levent,

I've read the 'Bangkok Airport' on Airways Magazine Dec 2006 edition.I really love it.

Looking forward to your articles more;Who knows that you will write an article about MWings in the future? :rolleyes:

Guest Levent
I was just wandering since I'm now based in Jakarta, perhaps we could collaborate doing reports on the Indonesian Aviation scene? However my writing skills in this field is non existence, I just love aviation.

Absolutely, that's a great idea. If you have good pictures of an Indonesian airport I could write an article about it and we can share the income. The pictures have to be high resolution (300dpi). Send me a PM if you would like to discuss this further, ok?

Congratulations, Levent, on having so many articles published so far. Will be following your writings from now on and hope you will cover the smaller and remote airports too.....maybe something like the video on Van Nuys titled "One Six Right".

Finally get to know KC's full name :p :good:

Tan Son Nhat has an extremely interesting history too :pardon:

Hope to see more of your airport-writing, Levent; don't forget the smaller Dutch airports too, like Lelystad ;)

The UK, btw, has some darn interesting airfields too, esp. those scattered around the east-coast (WW2)

Congratulations, Levent, on having so many articles published so far. Will be following your writings from now on and hope you will cover the smaller and remote airports too.....maybe something like the video on Van Nuys titled "One Six Right".

Most awesome DVD ever ...

Levent,

Was able to 'check' your articles at the Bruna-shop yesterday: excellent coverage of both Schwechat- and Ferihegy Airports (love the picture of the Terminal 1: real 'Soviet style' :pardon: )

Looking forward to more airport-articles from your hand !!! :good:

Guest Levent
Levent,

Was able to 'check' your articles at the Bruna-shop yesterday: excellent coverage of both Schwechat- and Ferihegy Airports (love the picture of the Terminal 1: real 'Soviet style' :pardon: )

Looking forward to more airport-articles from your hand !!! :good:

Thanks Uncle Pieter, I will scan these articles and post them on my website sometime in December.

The next article to be published in Airports will be a little 3-page piece about Nuremberg Airport.