MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ignatius

AirAsia X, Perth-KuL inaugural flight shame!

Just by reading this thread, everyone is bashing AirAsia for this unfortunate incident, shouldn't Airbus be held accountable since it is a brand new plane as well, rather than the airline?

just wondering who actually maintained the a/c while in ypph. they shouldnt let AK fly if any issues. it shows that engineers not doing well with their job eh.. so who to blame now? MAS?

just wondering who actually maintained the a/c while in ypph. they shouldnt let AK fly if any issues. it shows that engineers not doing well with their job eh.. so who to blame now? MAS?

Eng / maint support given by CX PER Station.Its D7/XAX my friend and not AK,operating on a different AOC.D7 maint team are composed of some very experienced people with some of them coming from SQ and MH.Its a machine,when it breaks it breaks and can affect anybody,nothing is perfect but we try our level best.

The aircraft was scrutinised by both DCA and D7 QA/Air Worthiness team during the handover from Airbus to D7 in Toulouse.Please do not belittle people unless you have some very positive facts.

well, im not really blaming engineers, i just being sarcastic to QA as they always point finger to everyone except their own. if only QA could read your explanation.

dont get me wrong

I am so sorry for D7 for this incident. I was informed about the news by Airpearl in 3 text messages and an email.

... so how was the flight?

... Ah i was wondering, Shame u cud not mke it, wth delay n tech probs wud hv mde intrestng tr!

... Yes, the outbound delayd abt 8 hours, return flt cxl, pax trf 2 mh or askd 2 go hme, looks like bad omen 4 1st per flt.

... Brand new plane delvd saturday.

I was actually supposed to be on the inaugural D7's flight to PER, and return on 3 November 2008 but I was in no position to perform the trip as I was in a different time zone at the moment.

I hope D7 will have XXA checked thoroughly as it is really saddening hearing a spanking new aircraft having this kind of problem on some of her first flights. And what a sad 1st birthday experience D7 had.

I think XXA seats all have IFE... but not sure what is there to be screened for the passengers? Capt Azmir.. , could you confirm the IFE??

What a drama. Glad that everyone is safe. I hope everything will be smooth in the future. Thanks Capt Izmir for the explanation (although I don't understand much of the technical parts) and thanks MIR for the photos.

The seats look REALLY cramp (not the pitch, i mean the width)... anyone has the exact width? I mean how much lesser than the 320? But other than that, the seats look more 'plush' than the current rock solid seats on XAA... [note the ''X" on the headrest!]

The IFE was suppose to be like Pay Per View and ability to order food from IFE (sounds really cool..) pictures from the back anyone? =P [i'm assuming there is IFE, judging from the picture, the back of each seat's headrest has a grey plastic thing, prefect for a PTV...]

EDIT: is it just me, or do the aisle look so thin, like they can barely fit a meal cart? I don't think an obese bloke could even walk down the aisle... lol maybe its just the perspective of the picture...

Edited by Jonathan Kong

The seats look REALLY cramp (not the pitch, i mean the width)... anyone has the exact width? I mean how much lesser than the 320? But other than that, the seats look more 'plush' than the current rock solid seats on XAA... [note the ''X" on the headrest!]

EDIT: is it just me, or do the aisle look so thin, like they can barely fit a meal cart? I don't think an obese bloke could even walk down the aisle... lol maybe its just the perspective of the picture...

Hey everyone, My name is Matt and i come from another spotting group in australia called Jetspotters, and we have been discussion the same thing topic about the width of the isle's and how it looks very unsafe in case of an emergency. If anyone has flown on D7 or been on the plane we would love your thoughts on it you could either PM me or post on here and i will quote it back over at Jetspotters.

I also live on the Gold Coast which was D7's first destination in Aus and we get XAA in every tuesday,thursday,saturday and sunday and last week on tuesday XAA did not turn up due to what we were told as mechanical issues. Its not good when both of the Airbus' they own have issues in the same weeks as D7 would of lost a lot of money in perth but then back on Tuesday when they provided accomodation for the pax and used a Malaysian plane to fly them back to Brisbane not the Gold Coast i can tell you a lot of money was lost.

Cheers

Matt

Jeng jeng jeng! Here are the most awaited interior photos of 9M-XXA: (taken from this blog, http://joenyuin.blogspot.com/2008/11/guess-who.html

Normal Economy seat

From the front:

c5dw4000copyug0.jpg

From the back: (with IFE on every seat)

c5dw3976copykf6.jpg

XL seat (Self conjecture, as the blog does not say so, correct me if I am wrong):

c5dw3899copymf8.jpg

If my conjecture is true, then the XL seats are really small and just a little bit bigger than the usual economy seat on other airlines. :blink:

Edited by Azri M.

Currently only a few charter airlines fly 3-3-3 on the A330, and when I checked, ThomasCook's seats are 17" wide, which is the same as the 737 and slightly smaller than the 320 (17.8")... but given that the aisle appear smaller... who knows? And yea, the seat width for XL class is only slightly (look at the people in the photo, their shoulders are wider than the seats by quite abit) larger then regular economy. But the pitch appears biz class-like though. Are these the amazing 'lie-flat XL seats' that Fernandez has been talking about?

2 things to note: IFE system called "X-cite" and the seat-belts are RED!

The XL seats are a bit of a disappointment I must say, considering the premium one must pay over economy. But economy I guess I can live with it, if the fare is cheap enough. :D

Looking forward to the London flights. Wonder how the cabin of the 340 would be.

3-3-3 configuration...OMG...I think it is so pack...with the super narrow aisle.

noticed that the seats in 'normal' class is 'adjustable'? but the foot divider for bulkhead seats are annoying...

How can someone uses the IFE? how much?

Anything special for D7's IFE?