MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ignatius

AirAsia X, Perth-KuL inaugural flight shame!

Major hydraulic Problems..Major !! It made an emergency landing at Perth Airport, no nosewheel steering and was towed to the terminal from the runway.

Before its return flight to KUL, spotted this problem..

IMG_0180.jpg

Returning back to Kuala Lumpur with no pessangers on board

IMG_0185.jpg

After the emergency landing- Passengers lining up for re-check in. Some were given cab vouchers

IMG_0188.jpg

CLICK HERE for more shots :drinks:

^^ Great coverage MIR!

Yup. my fiance bought the ticket for AUD70.. and got to fly 20 mins on XXA, and a terror return back to perth, and get to fly again on sq to singapore and then one ak to kul.. only AUD70.. how much more can u ask for :pardon:

Haha... talk about great value for money! Any chance she could do a TR about the 'ordeal'? =P

Edit: I sense a BIG hole in D7's wallet... Hopefully the plane would be ready in time for the next KUL-PER flight, if not, then its either burning another hole in the wallet or refunding pax (you'll see lots of rioting angry pax)... Btw, until MEL comes online, this bird flies exclusively to PER only right?

Edited by reyneo

Thanx for the coverage MIR.. i knew i can count on u hehehe.. pity D7.. a real shame.. i hope the press isn't going to blast this news in the headline

^^ Great coverage MIR!

Hopefully the plane would be ready in time for the next KUL-PER flight,

Hoho.. the next KUL-PER will be arriving today at 6.55AM.

Hoho.. the next KUL-PER will be arriving today at 6.55AM.

So there are angry pax at LCCT right now? I just went to check the schedule... and its suppose to depart 0005h? Anyone know what D7 is doing about them (and the return PER-KUL pax for tmr)?

Just throwing a thought here... AK could theoretically operate 2 A320s in place of the 330 (maybe with a stop in SIN depending on winds/loads?) Of course, this is only if AK happens to have spare 320s... Sounds do-able should the fix take more than a few days...

So there are angry pax at LCCT right now? I just went to check the schedule... and its suppose to depart 0005h? Anyone know what D7 is doing about them (and the return PER-KUL pax for tmr)?

Just throwing a thought here... AK could theoretically operate 2 A320s in place of the 330 (maybe with a stop in SIN depending on winds/loads?) Of course, this is only if AK happens to have spare 320s... Sounds do-able should the fix take more than a few days...

I guess there are...and tomorrow there will be more angry pax in Perth. The flight from KUL is delayed..

If AK sends 2 A320 to replace the A330, they need to refund those who booked the XL-seats.

Imagine this in the headlines "AirAsia X chaotic inaugural flight" :finger:

I guess there are...and tomorrow there will be more angry pax in Perth. The flight from KUL is delayed..

If AK sends 2 A320 to replace the A330, they need to refund those who booked the XL-seats.

Now that u mentioned it, did those XL pax get MH/SQ J for PER-SIN?! I meant that would REALLY cost D7 a bomb....but would make those J pax happy no less... (not to mention MH and SQ rubbing their hands in glee) As for the 320s, they could do European J class seating, blocking out the middle seat, bring extra good (free) catering and seating them at bulkhead or emergency exit rows.

Oh and, would anybody want to try to claim the RM200 on time guarantee? :lol:

felt sorry for the pax but things like this do happen.. only now the oz press will criticise even harsher on malaysian standards of safety.. but hey.. pls look back at QF before hand.. :p

felt sorry for the pax but things like this do happen.. only now the oz press will criticise even harsher on malaysian standards of safety.. but hey.. pls look back at QF before hand.. :p

But QF blamed Malaysia with their maintenance issues....so it goes around :p

BTW, since this plane is fairly new, comes with warranty I assume, so Airbus will compensate AK may be?

Edited by Seth K

A complete reversal of fortune unlike the inaugural KUL - OOL.

after alll the argument between AK and MH, in the end the beginner still have to rely the expert... Malaysia Airlines....

Yeah this is very strange...the Australian Press seem oblivious to what had happened. They are normally very quick to sweep on any emergency landing that happens on Australian airports.

Just look at the whole aircraft, full of bandages, at the engines, winglets, tail and fuselage :lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol:

haha...many "X" there... :rolleyes:

To all the MW members who were affected by the prob flt out of PER,on behalf of AirAsia X I apologise sincerely.I was the PIC for the outbound flight.Before any of you start crucifying me,let me explain what really happened.

Aircraft 9M-XXA arrived from KUL 30 mins late from STA due to some minor probs ie No.2 eng start fault.later while on short finals into PER Rwy 21 experienced G Hyd fault but manage to recover the system after landing,later experienced a G Hyd leak after parking the aircraft at parking bay 55.

Flt was supposed to depart from PER at 1605LT but ws delayed to 1805LT.After finding the actual culprit (warnout O ring seal in G Hyd line),carriedout system check and was cleared by Maint Eng to depart from PER.Eng start on both engs went on smoothly and positioned for Take Off from Rwy 21.On take off from PER,when FO raised the ldg gear lever ,experienced ECAM warning and message that the Lgd Gear was not uplocked and gear doors unable to raised.On climbout from PER carried out ECAM actions,also experienced both engs G Hyd EDP fault,then shutdown both EDPs in accordance with ECAM action,used backup G Elect Hyd pumps but do not have :Nose wheel steering,normal brake,auto brake but have reversers and alternate brake.Decided to RTB to PER and requested ground assistance.Aircraft landed and was shutdown on Rwy 21 ,closing it temporarily and was towed back to the apron.

Later the maint engineers foundout that the sensor system within the G Hyd system had probs because of the earlier prob ,activated its safety mode (ldg gear doors unable to raise due to cavitation within the G Hyd lines),prob was solved when the CB for the system (HSMU) was recycled and a systems check carriedout plus an engine ground run was done before the aircraft was certified ok for departure.After consultations with the AirAsiaX mangement,aircraft was flown back to KUL without the pax,with the outbound pax put on any available flight out (via MH,SQ) so that if the prob occured again the pax wont be affected by it.Thank God ,nothing happend and we landed at KUL at 0345LT this morning.Aircraft was flown back at M.84.Flt D72712 departed KUL at 0600LT instead of 0030LT.

Just came back from PER this morning, did MH126. According to cabin crew, pax from D7 transfered to MH was having a jolly good time in EY. Flight was almost full, half of them was D7 pax I guess. Thanks D7 for your business! :p

OT, btw, AK 320's etops rated?

Haha.. well explained Capt.Azmir.. nahh.. nobody gonna start crucifying you.. haha... but it is rather irritating knowing that this is an inaugural flight, and it happened on a brand new plane... definitely what you've done so far is excelent, just things happens at the wrong time.

I did some follow-ups and even heard you requesting for engine ground run.. and later cleared for departure back to lumpur with pob of 15 endurance 8hour xx mins.. but glad you flew the pooor new plane back safely.. Cherios :drinks:

Just wonder is the plane put back in service or left in the hangar in KUL? Any update?

It's back in service.. now in Perth... hope no de ja vu!!?? :pardon: