MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ignatius

AirAsia X, Perth-KuL inaugural flight shame!

I started this thread because as I write.. AirAsia X, that is surpose to be on its inaugural flight back to Kuala Lumpur LCC faces delay in departure due to some unspecified technical problem.. Then it was cleared for departure at about 7pm Malaysia local time.. AND 20 minutes later had to divert back to Perth international as the plane shook and vibrated heavily... Emergency equipment were deployed on the ground awaiting the return.. and it landed safely but was inmobile in the middle of the runway.. and needed tow assistance... This information was relayed to me by someone flying in the plane to me.. What a shame!!

Ooo, what a shame..Wht could have possibly caused a heavy/severe vibration?

Edited by Raj

Ouch! That's painful and not forgetting the anxiety experienced by the pax.

Not a good start or perhaps the new plane should stay in KUL for more checks before commencing commercial flights. <_>

Thanks Iggy for the news.

Old bus I believe , new one not in service yet

Gavin, I think that is the new bus if you check the spotting thread in Perth posted by MIR & Mark.

Edited by Chaity

Plane has been towed back to gate.. but remained seated and were not allowed to de-plane!!! What kind of service is this!? Its a big time shame for Airasia X..Not sure when will they be departing.. it seems like a major hydraulic leak... and main gear doors can't close

Thank god the newbie returned safely to PER.

Yeah.. and my gal is on that flight.. damn worried!!

Old bus I believe , new one not in service yet

very new and this is her 1st flight. 9M-XXA

Plane has been towed back to gate.. but remained seated and were not allowed to de-plane!!! What kind of service is this!? Its a big time shame for Airasia X..Not sure when will they be departing.. it seems like a major hydraulic leak... and main gear doors can't close

so where's the bus now? still in PER or returning back to KUL?

this isn't a good sign for D7...god bless...

bro, your girl gonna be fine...

Edited by derik

very new and this is her 1st flight. 9M-XXA

so where's the bus now? still in PER or returning back to KUL?

this isn't a good sign for D7...god bless...

bro, your daughter gonna be fine...

It;s still stranded in perth intl at the gates... , yeah... not a good sign for airbus..!! and a big shame for airasia x..

It's my fiancee. not daughter.. <_>

It;s still stranded in perth intl at the gates... , yeah... not a good sign for airbus..!! and a big shame for airasia x..

It's my fiancee. not daughter.. <_<

then how's the pax now? still being quarantined in the plane?

wonder how they going to explain to the public...

:p noted and corrected...

then how's the pax now? still being quarantined in the plane?

wonder how they going to explain to the public...

:p noted and corrected...

They've somewhat disembarked the plane.. now waiting for plane to be fixed i reckoned?

Yeah.. i would love to hear what they've got to say to the press!!!!

Ouch! That's painful and not forgetting the anxiety experienced by the pax.

Not a good start or perhaps the new plane should stay in KUL for more checks before commencing commercial flights. <_>

Thanks Iggy for the news.

Gavin, I think that is the new bus if you check the spotting thread in Perth posted by MIR & Mark.

Oh wow , cool that she is in service , too bad these things happen . I guess pushed into service too soon ?

This is a publicity fiasco! The Australian media is going to have a field day... I can imagine the criticism D7 and Malaysia is going to get about maintenance and safety... I can't believe i'm saying this, but thankfully this is a new bird on its first flight, so this would clear D7 of blame...

This is a publicity fiasco! The Australian media is going to have a field day... I can imagine the criticism D7 and Malaysia is going to get about maintenance and safety... I can't believe i'm saying this, but thankfully this is a new bird on its first flight, so this would clear D7 of blame...

You bet so. hahaa..to rush into putting a brand new delivered plane into revenue flight~!??

D7 should have bedded down the bus on short haul before sending it to PER with fun fare. A PR disaster.

:drinks:

XXA is now flying back to lumpur without pax.. for repairs... and a big pay out to mh and sq for the flight compensation.. good choice..!! :yahoo:

XXA is now flying back to lumpur without pax.. for repairs... and a big pay out to mh and sq for the flight compensation.. good choice..!! :yahoo:

Waaa... MH & SQ rides with AK's price... :clapping:

Waaa... MH & SQ rides with AK's price... :clapping:

Yup. my fiance bought the ticket for AUD70.. and got to fly 20 mins on XXA, and a terror return back to perth, and get to fly again on sq to singapore and then one ak to kul.. only AUD70.. how much more can u ask for :pardon: