MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
KK Lee

Ever wonder what they serve at MH First Class lounge?

Somewhat puzzled why they want to terminate Haagen-Dazs ice cream, and wondering what kind of brand they intend to replace with...

OItherwise pretty nice IMO.

Somewhat puzzled why they want to terminate Haagen-Dazs ice cream, and wondering what kind of brand they intend to replace with...

OItherwise pretty nice IMO.

Given their cost-cutting initiatives whilst still calling themselves 5-star, I guess maybe Walls et al, or some ice-cream potong.

Given their cost-cutting initiatives whilst still calling themselves 5-star, I guess maybe Walls et al, or some ice-cream potong.

Don't worry, there's no Walls or Kings or Potong. It's a brand from California which is not available here. As you all know, Haagen Daz increased its price recently. A RM2.40 increment per tub is crazy! I can't blame them for replacing it.

It's a brand from California which is not available here.

I was keeping my fingers crossed for Fauchon until I saw California...how about Pinkberry? :D

Although that's a yogurt, not an ice cream.

Edited by Craig

..... As you all know, Haagen Daz increased its price recently. A RM2.40 increment per tub is crazy! I can't blame them for replacing it.

Borrow your quote ah Captain Nik !

Cheap not good, good not cheap.

;)

Edited by BC Tam

Don't worry, there's no Walls or Kings or Potong.

I love Potong! Can bring in whatever they want, but I'll love to have potong as well.

But then again, I'll never be in position to use the MH 1st Class lounge :(

Don't worry, there's no Walls or Kings or Potong. It's a brand from California which is not available here. As you all know, Haagen Daz increased its price recently. A RM2.40 increment per tub is crazy! I can't blame them for replacing it.

Sure no melamine inside? :)

I love Potong! Can bring in whatever they want, but I'll love to have potong as well.

Yeah, gimme this anytime!

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

I admit I used to pandang lekeh that aiskrim potong. but now being overseas where I cannot sebarang makan I really miss the little things back home like that.... :(

Ben & Jerrys ??

It's not Ben and Jerry's or any of the brands that you guys have mentioned. But I'm sure that they are very careful with what they will be bringing in. We'll just have to wait and see. Can't reveal it now till it has been replaced by next week. I'm sure many like ice-cream potong but if tehy do really serve that, then you guys will be complaining. Paying more than 10k for a ticket and getting a potong! No problem with melamine as they are very strict with the suppliers and the source of the ingredients.

One need not travel on MH F to taste Haagen Daz. CX and SQ serve Haagen Daz in EY occasionally.

:drinks:

Edited by KK Lee

Bud's?

Bollinger Grande Annee 1997!! :good: Bolly is one of my fave champers; BA was serving the '99 at their T5 Flounge when I was there earlier this year.

Compared to the Charles Heidsieck non-vintage at the SQ lounges at SIN (identical in both J and F)..... :rolleyes: Don't get me wrong, it's a nice everyday champagne. But at the supposedly flagship lounge of a premier airline? :pardon:

eiling: I respecfully disagree that Dom Perignon tastes better. :p Unless it's the 1998 vintage of Dom, it's often too sweet for me when on the ground. Slightly better in the air. Of course, these things go down to personal tastes and are v subjective. And I obviously wouldn't say no when offered for free. B)

Edited by Keith T

Bollinger Grande Annee 1997!! :good: Bolly is one of my fave champers; BA was serving the '99 at their T5 Flounge when I was there earlier this year.

Compared to the Charles Heidsieck non-vintage at the SQ lounges at SIN (identical in both J and F)..... :rolleyes: Don't get me wrong, it's a nice everyday champagne. But at the supposedly flagship lounge of a premier airline? :pardon:

eiling: I respecfully disagree that Dom Perignon tastes better. :p Unless it's the 1998 vintage of Dom, it's often too sweet for me when on the ground. Slightly better in the air. Of course, these things go down to personal tastes and are v subjective. And I obviously wouldn't say no when offered for free. B)

I have to say that I'm not really good with Champagne. But I can certainly tell that DP and Bollinger are still my fav choices. Of course when they are offered for free, it tasted even better! Haha.... Bond drinks Bollinger, so it has to be good right. However I disagree with his choice of Smirnoff because Grey Goose totally rocks! But his choice of Chateau Angelus 82 was pretty good too.

They are not serving Bud's either.

I have to say that I'm not really good with Champagne.

You did write v professional tasting notes about the Bolly in your blog. ;)

You did write v professional tasting notes about the Bolly in your blog. ;)

Thanks. I've been always tasting wines and whiskey. However Champagne happened to be one of my latest interest. I'm still learning.

However I disagree with his choice of Smirnoff because Grey Goose totally rocks!

smirnoff is one of the worst (not including those 'cheap' ones you get in kk mart). i kind of like absolut, its smooth enough to take neat if chilled, but i agree grey goose is the best.

smirnoff is one of the worst (not including those 'cheap' ones you get in kk mart). i kind of like absolut, its smooth enough to take neat if chilled, but i agree grey goose is the best.

Haha but Smirnoff black label is kinda ok. Absolut is nice on the outside but when compared to Grey Goose, it's nowhere near la. That's my opinion. Even the price of GG is triple that of Absolut. But I collect Absolut bottles! Their marketing is good.

Haha but Smirnoff black label is kinda ok. Absolut is nice on the outside but when compared to Grey Goose, it's nowhere near la. That's my opinion. Even the price of GG is triple that of Absolut. But I collect Absolut bottles! Their marketing is good.

never tried smirnoff black label, as a rule of thumb i avoid smirnoff altogether.

absolut vodka or absolut 100 is nice, cant really afford grey goose all the time, but i prefer rum.

never tried smirnoff black label, as a rule of thumb i avoid smirnoff altogether.

absolut vodka or absolut 100 is nice, cant really afford grey goose all the time, but i prefer rum.

Haha I do like Rum n Raisin Haagen Daz & Baskin Robins!

They also didnt serve hagen Daaze in first class anymore.So sad cause last time always curi2 makan

Oh dear, an avenue here for Datuk IJ's proposed cost cutting exercise perhaps ? ;)

Oh dear, an avenue here for Datuk IJ's proposed cost cutting exercise perhaps ? ;)

I don't think it's Datuk IJ's cost cutting exercise but simply they don't want to put up with Haagen Daz's frequent price increases. They have so far increased their price a few times. I think the price that they are paying for now is exorbitant.

Sign in to follow this