MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

Haj flights from Melaka pulak?

Nik H., you deliver this one and I'll tabek spring at you! :D

===

October 18, 2008 11:37 AM

Direct Haj Flights Possible After Melaka Runway Extension

MELAKA, Oct 18 (Bernama) -- Direct Haj flights from Melaka to Mekah may be possible once the extension of the Batu Berendam airport runway is completed, Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said here.

The RM131.5-million extension project, which began in April last year, is scheduled for completion in December, with the runway to be lengthened by 400 metres to 2,200 metres.

Dr Ahmad Zahid said at least three flights could be considered from Melaka to the Holy Land if the airport could accommodate Boeing 747 or Airbus 330 aircraft.

"I believe the Haj flights can take pilgrims not only from Melaka but also those from northern Johor and even Negeri Sembilan," he told reporters after Melaka Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam opened a course for pilgrims at the Al-Alami Mosque in Ayer Keroh here last night.

Dr Ahmad Zahid said 1,148 people from Melaka would go on the pilgrimage this year.

He also said that 348,000 people in the country were awaiting their turn to go on the pilgrimage.

Those who registered with the Pilgrims Management and Fund Board (Tabung Haji) this year could make the trip in 2019, he added.

The Saudi Arabian government has set a quota of 0.01 per cent of the total population for the annual number of pilgrims from any country, which means Malaysia can send 27,000 people for the Haj every year.

-- BERNAMA

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/newsindex.php?id=365437

===

I think it can be possible if Melaka State Government willing to pay to MAS in an amount what Terengganu State Government pay to MAS to operate B744 to TGG..It just what I guess..

Again Capt Nik will be busy with his presentation to Melaka state Government after Kedah state Government.. :lol: :lol:

Edited by Ashmil Abd Ghani

2200 meters is very short me think...BTW Malacca to KLIA is just 1 hour away. I'm sure jumbo guys will be happy to operate the joyride sector KUL-MKZ.

Germany have about 82 million population and US$3,297,000 million GDP. LH have only two hubs to serve the whole Germany and EU.

Malaysia population and GDP is 27 million and US$181,000 million respectively but every states wanted to have a hub and direct flights.

Until the gomen learn how to allocate and operate resources efficiently, hard to find the country is competitive globally.

:drinks:

And why would anyone from Negeri Sembilan will go to MKZ while KUL is by far nearer?

Plus to KLIA there's direct highway whilst to MKZ you have to go through Malacca City. Not a very bright prospect for me.

Another chain reaction from the success in TGG i believe.

Unlike, AOR, this seems too good to be true.

A bit O/T: since i live in Shah Alam, can i request for Hajj flights from SZB? :p On second thought, isn't SZB a better option than KUL since Tabung Haji is in KJ?

Another chain reaction from the success in TGG i believe.

Unlike, AOR, this seems too good to be true.

A bit O/T: since i live in Shah Alam, can i request for Hajj flights from SZB? :p On second thought, isn't SZB a better option than KUL since Tabung Haji is in KJ?

Maybe KL residents can also request for Hajj flight out of Sungai Besi :p

<_< What about SZB? Why don't the state government suggest SZB to become another Haj hub? ah..yes...our beloved Selangor is not under BN. Thank god! <_< Edited by PC Yuen

wait and see which states will be the next to request for a direct flight for the Hajj season. Melaka 1 hub, N. Sembilan 1 hub, SZB 1 hub, Perlis 1 hub, Sibu 1 hub, Miri 1 hub, Labuan 1 hub, Sandakan 1 hub...sounds great, is it not? with all the hub, it will create a lot of business opportunity and direct foreign investment..(this would be the likely statement from our educated MP)...

<_ what about szb why don the state government suggest to become another haj hub ah..yes...our beloved selangor is not under bn. thank god>

Oh then we should also close KLIA because it is in Sepang and also forget that is project is now underway in Kedah.

I'm no economist to say whether we should close KLIA or not but thats not my point. Subang Terminal 1 was torn down hastily...u can guess why. I do not want my tax to be used for something which the rakyat do not enjoy rather just to fill up certain individual pockets.

berapa Terengganu Gov pay MAS to fly from ganu to Mecca? Hmmm....where he get the money from?Genting is it? Kekeke..anyway, are they using the military runway aircraft t Melaka?I think at ALor Gajah...not sure la

Agreed with Khaled too short, not so economy...let Senai be the south Haj Hub. Tabung Haji with good repo maybe can attract potential client from singapore.

berapa Terengganu Gov pay MAS to fly from ganu to Mecca? Hmmm....where he get the money from?Genting is it? Kekeke..anyway, are they using the military runway aircraft t Melaka?I think at ALor Gajah...not sure la

Check your bearing mate.... Alor Gajah.. :blink: ...wrong facts.

Kem Terendak near sg udang has a small airstrip, easily spotted from the garrison back gate for caribou landing. Haven't came across any C130 land there.

State government says the completion of the runway expansion in December.

I drove pass the airport yesterday afternoon, i can hardly see the construction is going on.

I drove pass the airport yesterday afternoon, i can hardly see the construction is going on.

Just bear in mind: who uttered those words?... Govt = Politician = Lawyer, since as the sayings goes: all lawyers goes to hell.. :p

No offense to all the lawyers in MW... if any.

They built the other half in 'alam bunian'. That's why you can't see it. :)

Germany have about 82 million population and US$3,297,000 million GDP. LH have only two hubs to serve the whole Germany and EU.

Malaysia population and GDP is 27 million and US$181,000 million respectively but every states wanted to have a hub and direct flights.

Until the gomen learn how to allocate and operate resources efficiently, hard to find the country is competitive globally.

:drinks:

Totally Agreed 110% !

What is 'Alam bunian'?

dreaming world? i believe my hometown also a highly potential state to set up as a Hajj flight hub... oh btw, my hometown is Labuan.

seems like the terrorist attacking us, lets run and hide! :help:

What is 'Alam bunian'?

'Alam' is 'Dunia', it means World in literature word.

'Bunian' can be considered as Elf in English fairy tales. Like elf, they live in a parallel world with us.

Tales have it that some Bunian people would crossed over to our world to 'take' (more like kidnap) people and bring it to their world to live with them, marry their men/women which were said to be very handsome/pretty. And some said they could never return. But then, if none returned, who went to tell all the stories of Bunian world in the first place? :unknw: correct me if I'm wrong...

'Alam' is 'Dunia', it means World in literature word.

'Bunian' can be considered as Elf in English fairy tales. Like elf, they live in a parallel world with us.

Tales have it that some Bunian people would crossed over to our world to 'take' (more like kidnap) people and bring it to their world to live with them, marry their men/women which were said to be very handsome/pretty. And some said they could never return. But then, if none returned, who went to tell all the stories of Bunian world in the first place? :unknw: correct me if I'm wrong...

Thanks for the explanation Yusoff :drinks: