MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Amin Said

Cessna 172P Available for Trial Flight in Subang

Never flew the Cirrus as I had my training on the 152 & 172...

Nice fish-eye pictures !!! :good:

The price that I mentioned in the earlier post was rm760 per hour, but last Friday 31st oct, Petronas avgas just went up in

price from RM6.05 per liter to RM9.60per liter..! its crazy.. I will have to revert back to you regards to the cost.

That's pretty steep. Around double the cost of 100/130LL in Oz.

Might be an idea to invest in a MOGAS STC. If I recall correctly, Petersen have a MOGAS 91UL STC for the 160 HP O-320 that your aeroplane started with. Of course, it may well be the case that you have something different by now.

So can your example take off with full fuel and pax at Subang? We find over this way that the 160 HP engine puts too many restrictions on fuel with four pax, so 180 HP engines are often installed. But our pax tend to be bigger (77kg for planning), and our distances far, far greater. 180 HP means full fuel and four pax is no problem.

Wet hire of a 180 HP 172N in Oz is around RM415 per hour or less. A 172S would set you back RM472 per hour.

It isn't so long ago that people used to travel to Malaysia for ab initio training because it was so economical. Those days are now long gone.

That's sad.

HI All,

There will be an Air Carnival At Sg. Besi Saturday 13th Dec 2008, for those who wanna try the cessna this

would be a good opportunity. Only RM70.

Open to public from 9am to 6pm. I will be there to fly the aerial display formation team and Joy Rides.

Is that man made or natural? I reckon it's man made judging from its appearance and location...

Before the LDP, 1 utama and etc.... in the 80s, there is rock kuari.

What a sight...

every week I've past there..didn't know what behind that forest got..

that cliff really high I guess..seem like same height with the building..

What a sight...

every week I've past there..didn't know what behind that forest got..

that cliff really high I guess..seem like same height with the building..

Notice above the kuari, at the summit of bkt Lanjan, there are a few Mansions up there, try zoom it,really nice. You can only see these when you fly low level.