MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Amin Said

Cessna 172P Available for Trial Flight in Subang

so far its only the TB10 and soon the DA40

No problem. as long you are current within 28days and with a vaild licence, you can fly this bird with me for check ride.

Are you a member of any flying clubs?

Hi Sanjay.. would need minimum of 5 hours. What other ac do you fly?

5 hours dual? I thought with a Malaysian PPL flying a Malaysian Reg a/c a quick 1 hour would cover it. Wouldn't that be enough to cover EFATO, PFL, Flap and Flapless T/O and Landing, some steep turns and stalls clean and dirty?

When I was learning to fly, boys were sent solo in less than 10 hours total time.

5 hours dual? I thought with a Malaysian PPL flying a Malaysian Reg a/c a quick 1 hour would cover it. Wouldn't that be enough to cover EFATO, PFL, Flap and Flapless T/O and Landing, some steep turns and stalls clean and dirty?

When I was learning to fly, boys were sent solo in less than 10 hours total time.

Yes Capt Nik. U are correct. With a PPL you can do a 1 hour check ride with any ac with a max take off weight of 5700kg, subject to the club or owner approval.

In this case, Sanjay have not flown a Cessna 172, and in my insurance policy, ac and pax will only be covered once he had completed the 5 hours dual on the cessna 172.

Same goes with the TB20 in one of the club in Subang, members need to have minimum of 150hrs total and a minmum of 5hrs check ride before the club allow them to go solo.

What would that cost like, Mr. Amin?

The price that I mentioned in the earlier post was rm760 per hour, but last Friday 31st oct, Petronas avgas just went up in

price from RM6.05 per liter to RM9.60per liter..! its crazy.. I will have to revert back to you regards to the cost.

Not surprise that Flying school fees reaching almost 300k..kaa-pooff my dream.. :cray:

Amin Said,

I hold a Malaysian CPL/IR and would like to rent your aircraft. I do not have a type rating on cessna's, and I would like to bring my family on a flight, with me as the captain. Is that possible, without the need of me flying with you? Or do I still need to fly 5 hours with you before I can go for a checkride?

And, do you have a new price for an hourly rental?

Edited by Firqin Robroek

NICE THREAD HERE...

I DID A TRIP OF MY OWN ON AN EVENT COMPANY'S ARRANGEMENT...

DEPART : SZB 1000hrs RUNWAY 15...

TRIP : KL CITY

FLIGHT TIME : 30mins

TOUCHDOWN : SZB 1040hrs RUNWAY 33...

HERE'S SOME PHOTOS FOR ALL TO ENJOY...

MY FLICKR PAGE

-amin,tak cakap awal awal...kalau tidak boleh take a ride with you...-

LAN

OLYMPUS

--------------------------------------------------

NOT JUST ANOTHER MOUNTAIN IN GREECE

Amin Said,

I hold a Malaysian CPL/IR and would like to rent your aircraft. I do not have a type rating on cessna's, and I would like to bring my family on a flight, with me as the captain. Is that possible, without the need of me flying with you? Or do I still need to fly 5 hours with you before I can go for a checkride?

And, do you have a new price for an hourly rental?

Hi, since you have not flown the 172, you still need to do 5 hours to familiarize with the ac. Once done you can fly without me or any other instructor next to you.

As for now..the rate is RM895 per hour and RM495 for half an hour.

NICE THREAD HERE...

I DID A TRIP OF MY OWN ON AN EVENT COMPANY'S ARRANGEMENT...

DEPART : SZB 1000hrs RUNWAY 15...

TRIP : KL CITY

FLIGHT TIME : 30mins

TOUCHDOWN : SZB 1040hrs RUNWAY 33...

HERE'S SOME PHOTOS FOR ALL TO ENJOY...

MY FLICKR PAGE

-amin,tak cakap awal awal...kalau tidak boleh take a ride with you...-

LAN

NIce photos Lan...next time we can fly together... can take you to other 'exotic places' in Klang Valley.. or P. Pangkor perhaps.? just let me know

Wow , flying in cessna is cheaper than renting a Full Flight Simulator . Hee hee

Yes,.. all sim pilots should take this opportunity. Let me know :)

I hate the real flightsim for what we have to go through every 6 month. Hehe...btw, you guys should prepare some logistic if you wanna go pangkor. This rainy season might cause some unplanned nightstop. That happened to me last time. It was fun!

pangkor? wahhh...this is sounding a lot better...sure...will contact you!

good job there amin! keep it up!

NIce island to go for a half day trip. Takeoff in the morning for 1 hour flight with the cessna 172,have breakfast near the beach,

after that go snorkling or relax at the beach or rent a bike for island tour. buy some dry sotong and good quality ikan bilis.

have lunch and fly back in the afternoon via coastal route at 5000 feet. real amazing sight over sabak bernam towards kuala selangor.

Everyone should try this at least once. Wont regret it, Right Khaled?

Thanks for sharing, Amin; I was just gonna ask you to post (a) picture(s) of the Cessna to further enhance the promotion of your flights...would be interested to make (a) flight(s) with your 172 next year June when we will visit KUL for MW's 4th Anniversary: will keep you posted, OK ?

Thanks for sharing, Amin; I was just gonna ask you to post (a) picture(s) of the Cessna to further enhance the promotion of your flights...would be interested to make (a) flight(s) with your 172 next year June when we will visit KUL for MW's 4th Anniversary: will keep you posted, OK ?

Ok Pieter. Let me know. HOpe my cirrus 22 will be ready by then. :)

Turning base rwy15 WMSA Subang

DSC_0285.jpg