MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
rayner

MH All inclusive low fares

This is great news!

I also noticed that the fuel surcharge has gone down considerably ! Well done MAS :good:

Some really attractive fares too! Such as KUL to BTU, LBU, SBW is RM84 each way! (RM0 + RM9 airport tax + RM75 fuel surcharge)

Edited by H C Chai

I wish they display all their fare as ALL Inclusive thou, not just the low fare....

Im not quite sure if MH had lowered the surcharge, i made a random search flight to HKG departing from BKI adnd find out that the surcharge still remaining t RM300++ level.

Edited by Kenneth T

Tempting! too many black out date especially during holidays ;) Stick to AK this December then....

Edited by Seth K

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC!!! :yahoo:

KUL-MEL.jpg

MEL-AKL-MEL.jpg

MEL-KUL.jpg

KUL-MEL-AKL-MEL-KUL via MH & QF = RM2,721!!!! RM1,300 less than MH131/130 (RM4,020)! :D

Syed, sure you wanna press the button for the Qantas fare between MEL & AKL? LOL

Check out Emirates, Pacific Blue, Air NZ and etc ;)

Let us know when you are heading over. I am sure we can propose a gathering here in MEL.

In Singapore, the only 2 airlines that advertise all-inclusive fares are SQ and AK! (Yes, AK advertises ALL-in fares on newspapers!) Til' now, MH, MI, TR and 3K all advertise exclusive of tax and charges... So when I first saw AK and MH's ads right next to each other...

AK: SIN-KUL $67, SIN-BKK $86, SIN-BKI/KCH $67

MH: SIN-KUL $0, SIN-PEN $0, SIN-BKI/KCH $0

it really made me re-read the fine print! "AK: Prices are one-way and are inclusive of all tax and surcharges. MH: Prices are one-way and exclude tax and surcharges." It really made AK look so much more honest than MH... Kudos to AK! Hopefully, MH and the other budget airlines follow suit soon...

Edited by reyneo

Tempting! too many black out date especially during holidays ;) Stick to AK this December then....

Blackout Period 20 Dec 2008 - 04 Jan 2009, 21Jan 2009 - 02 Feb 2009, 06 Mar 2009 - 16 Mar 2009, 22 May 2009 - 08 Jun 2009

i thought next year school Mid-Year Holiday is 30.05.2009 till 14.06.2009? shhh... ? :p

Im not quite sure if MH had lowered the surcharge, i made a random search flight to HKG departing from BKI adnd find out that the surcharge still remaining t RM300++ level.

You are partly right... Having a second look it appeared that the fuel surcharge is reduced only on the cheapest fare. All other fares still have the same fuel surcharge as before.

Anyway, nice to see that MH is taking the lead in advertising the all inclusive fares.

KUL-MEL.jpg

MEL-KUL.jpg

How on earth can the Flex-Saver be sold old, while the Super-Saver is available ? :huh:

Very bad yield-control IMHO !!!

RM324 to Bangkok in March 09????...and i've paid Rm445 to fly with AK...i should've waited for this!! :angry:

my situation also same with you...i have booked jun by AK from penang to Bangkok RM386 per pax..n we have 10 people go there..

but i saw MH jus now promotion jus RM 329 per pax (kl to Bangkok)...really sakit hati !!!

The web booking engine on the Malaysia Airlines UK website is really shocking.

Trying alternate dates while searching for fares to KL ex. LHR displays incorrect data (wrong dates + wrong route!) :angry2:

Using Ithe E7 browser with a standard setup.

These bugs and ridiculous taxes & surcharges are really not good enough MH.

As many have pointed out, there are lots of bugs in the MH booking engine now. I just discovered another one - if selecting a fare for a child (which happens to be the same for an adult anyway), the child's tax & surcharges are about RM150 more than an adult's!

How on earth can the Flex-Saver be sold old, while the Super-Saver is available ? :huh:

I think there's a bug, Uncle Pieter. Having to check via return, the Flex-Saver fares are available :mellow:

KUL-MEL-KUL.jpg

As compared to D7:

D7KUL-MEL-KUL.jpg

MH - RM1,535

-free meals (no snack box)

-free baggage check-in

-777 :yahoo:

-sexy kebaya

-no Enrich points though.. :glare:

D7 - RM1,572

-no free baggage check-in allowance

-tight leg room (considering my height - 6ft)

-RM47 extra

Hehe.. I know this is a very unfair comparison but if you guys have any input, do include here :p

Edited by Syed A Ridhwan

Syed, sure you wanna press the button for the Qantas fare between MEL & AKL? LOL

Check out Emirates, Pacific Blue, Air NZ and etc ;)

Let us know when you are heading over. I am sure we can propose a gathering here in MEL.

Don't la wei.... :blink:

EK very expensive lah.. AUD715.10

NZ slightly cheaper than QF.. AUD422.15

DJ is cheeeeaaap.. AUD383.73

Here's the seating arrangement for MH 772 economy class. Can anyone suggest a good seat for both flight? Window seating of course.. 30A for KUL-MEL? 12K or 30K for MEL-KUL? *dilemma* Preferably a full window view for the seat.

seat.jpg

A scenario may be where someone booking the "super-saver" finds the restrictions too ........ restrictive (:)) and decides on paying the bit extra for the last seat available on "flex-saver' plan - just a guess

That is assuming the fare/seat allocation on each flight remains static

Obviously a dynamic system would improve yield, but considering the numerous more 'basic' bugs still dogging the online booking engine, perhaps priorities should be focussed there instead :)