MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Kenneth Chong WT

JETSTAR starts SIN-BKI and SIN-KCH

looking at the schedule.. turnaround time at KCH is only 40mins

I think the time is enough :)

Now WE have a few choices, MH MI AK Tiger and Jetstar! :yahoo:

Edited by LeeTZ

looking at the schedule.. turnaround time at KCH is only 40mins

It's more than enough. Air Asia is doing it in just 25 minutes.

I think the time is enough :)

Now WE have a few choices, MH MI AK Tiger and Jetstar! :yahoo:

tiger still not have schedule yet, right?

tiger still not have schedule yet, right?

I hope I don't sound stupid....I wonder if there will be enough check-in counters for KCH there are now 4 rows each with 9 counters....SilkAir has taken 3 in Row A (1 "C" and 2 "Y"), while MH took 2 for "C", Row B 1-9 is for MH/MWings and BI. Row C for Batavia 2-3 "Y" and sometimes AK while Row D is "chaos" meant for AK....maybe if just jetstar it would be in Row C....then again its once a day flight....should not be a problem I guess....Jetstar and Tiger can interchange....if flight time is different....nice to see new airlines coming into KCH....how nice if got Cebu Pacific and Korean Air!!!

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

I hope I don't sound stupid....I wonder if there will be enough check-in counters for KCH there are now 4 rows each with 9 counters....SilkAir has taken 3 in Row A (1 "C" and 2 "Y"), while MH took 2 for "C", Row B 1-9 is for MH/MWings and BI. Row C for Batavia 2-3 "Y" and sometimes AK while Row D is "chaos" meant for AK....maybe if just jetstar it would be in Row C....then again its once a day flight....should not be a problem I guess....Jetstar and Tiger can interchange....if flight time is different....nice to see new airlines coming into KCH....how nice if got Cebu Pacific and Korean Air!!!

kch airport still not that busy... as long as they on depart during the same window....

like bki at midnite when the korean birds arrive... madness :blink:

Tiger (TR) to start daily SIN-KCH-SIN in Dec.

Now offering $0.01 fares in their website

Tiger (TR) to start daily SIN-KCH-SIN in Dec.

Now offering $0.01 fares in their website

Does TR require additional charges for checked-in baggage (not referring to upsize here)? or like 3K that has 20kg/pax with no charge?

At SIN, 3K use T1, while TR use the budget terminal?

Both TR and 3K offers seat selection with no additional charge, right?

Edited by Dennis S.

Does TR require additional charges for checked-in baggage (not referring to upsize here)? or like 3K that has 20kg/pax with no charge?

I can only find the RM3 deal for KCH-SIN deal one way. Return incl tax is : RM309.

The fare above does not include any check in luggage, unlike Jetstar which offers 20KG free check-in luggage. Add RM15 for 25 KG of luggage, or RM50 for 20KG and so on, per sector.

3K offer free seat selection, TR charges you extra.

3K departs at T1 (like AK), TR in budget terminal.

Nevertheless, Jetstar's taxes are higher then TR. Sometimes, Jetstar can be a much better deal.

As far as i am concerned, you do not have to pay to check in your luggage at TR.

Correct.

No. Only 3K offers advance seat selection while TR requires you to pay a fee if you wish to reserve a seat.

Just did some quick searches on 3K,AK,MH,MI and TR websites on KCH-SIN. Surprise surprise MH turns out to be the cheapest at RM298 return with their all inclusive fare. This is unbelievable. A year ago one would have to fork out close to RM900 to do such trip!

Edited by H C Chai

As far as i am concerned, you do not have to pay to check in your luggage at TR.

Yes you do need to pay S$10 (or RM25) for checking in 15 KG of luggage with TR

Just did some quick searches on 3K,AK,MH,MI and TR websites on KCH-SIN. Surprise surprise MH turns out to be the cheapest at RM298 return with their all inclusive fare. This is unbelievable. A year ago one would have to fork out close to RM900 to do such trip!

MH has black out dates... where as i did not notice such black out dates by 3K or TR?

MH has black out dates... where as i did not notice such black out dates by 3K or TR?

Yes MH has blackout dates, and fare goes up steeply once the cheapest (RM149 o/w all incl.) is sold out.

TR flying to BKI when??? Dec also??? Before we were nothing more than a dying airport...now with 4 airlines flying to and from SIN alone....crazy....i really dont understand....soon, some will just die of "air liberalization casualty"....more destination is what I was looking for...like Bangkok or Perth....AND BALI!!!!!

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

TR flying to BKI when??? Dec also??? Before we were nothing more than a dying airport...now with 4 airlines flying to and from SIN alone....crazy....i really dont understand....soon, some will just die of "air liberalization casualty"....more destination is what I was looking for...like Bangkok or Perth....AND BALI!!!!!

It will be 5 airlines by Mar 09 :D

I guess the demand is still there, it's just that KCH-SIN route has been overpriced and not opened for competition for years.

Jetstar is flying from T1 whereas Tiger at the budget terminal. Can someone advice which is better if you want to stay for awhile and do some plane spotting? AFAIK the budget terminal is 99% Tiger's lair.

One other question. Is the Singapore Air Show a yearly event?

I strongly suggest the main terminal where you can roam around all three terminals and enjoy the awesome T3 at changi.

and go up to the sunflower roof top :p

Edited by Dennis S.

Tiger Airways to launch Flights between Singapore and Kuching

Wednesday, 22 October 2008

Tiger Airways is to launch flights between Singapore and Kuching on 20 November 2008. To celebrate the new route, the Singapore-based airline has 15,000

seats on sale for 1 cent excluding taxes and charges for travel from 20 November 2008 to 5 October 2009.

Rosalynn Tay, Managing Director of Tiger Airways Singapore said, "The access to this new route comes at a perfect time as we take an additional A320

aircraft into our fleet. The delivery of these brand new aircraft means Tiger Airways can grasp new opportunities such as Kuching without cutting back flying

to other destinations unlike some of our competitors."

Tiger Airways Singapore new low fare flights to Kuching will depart Singapore at 14:35 arriving in Kuching at 15:55 daily. Flights from Kuching will depart at

16:25 arriving in Singapore at 17:45 daily.

Is she referring to Jetstar, or Airasia? :blink:

Could this be the reason the Macau routes were axed (BKI-MFM, KCH-MFM, JHB-MFM) in favour of SIN-KUL, SIN-BKI and SIN-KCH?

Did Jetstar reduce frequency on their existing routes?

Edited by H C Chai

Yes, 3K has no aircraft available, so its cutting flights to HKG (from 2x daily to 11x weekly), SGN (from 2x D to 11x weekly), CGK (from 4x to 3x daily), MFM (daily to 6x weekly) to make way for the SIN-BKI/KUL routes.

SIN-SGN will be 'restored' to 2x daily because from 14 Nov, Jetstar Pacific will operate 1x daily SIN-SGN.

But this schedule is only valid til 28 March since from 29th, they will operate SIN-KCH and will have to cut more flights again. Unlike AK and TR, 3K has no new aircraft on order (at all), so for every new route they operate, they have to axe or reduce frequencies on existing routes. 3K will remain with 9 (including VF) aircraft for the foreseeable future.

Edited by reyneo

3K will remain with 9 (including VF) aircraft for the foreseeable future.

No plans of shifting Jetstar Australia aircraft from Down-Under to SIN-city, during their low-season ?

This is what Transavia.com in the Netherlands is, basically, doing: lease-in 738's during the Summer season and lease-out their aircraft during the Winter season (like to the US/CA for Florida operation, India, South-Africa and even Asia: remember the Denpasar-Australia operation a few years back ?)...

just my 2 sen...

No plans of shifting Jetstar Australia aircraft from Down-Under to SIN-city, during their low-season ?

This is what Transavia.com in the Netherlands is, basically, doing: lease-in 738's during the Summer season and lease-out their aircraft during the Winter season (like to the US/CA for Florida operation, India, South-Africa and even Asia: remember the Denpasar-Australia operation a few years back ?)...

just my 2 sen...

I cant see JQ giving A320's to 3K. Even during our low-season (which is now just about over), there still is a bit of traffic going around. I travelled on Jetstar Australia between places like Sydney and Gold Coast, Melbourne to Gold Coast and so on...and yet to get a flight less than 80%. Of course it could all be low yield though....

If anything, JQ are wanting the planes to expand down under.

I cant see JQ giving A320's to 3K. Even during our low-season (which is now just about over), there still is a bit of traffic going around. I travelled on Jetstar Australia between places like Sydney and Gold Coast, Melbourne to Gold Coast and so on...and yet to get a flight less than 80%. Of course it could all be low yield though....

If anything, JQ are wanting the planes to expand down under.

Exactly! Besides, JQ is already leasing 8 (confirmed starting 26 oct) to eventually 30 A320s to BL! If they suddenly had spare aircraft, I'd imagine they'd lend it to BL more than 3K.

I'm not sure if you're aware of the JQ-3K conflict, but these 2 airlines no longer see eye to eye, which is why all SIN-Australia flights have been taken back and operated by JQ instead of 3K and JQ has also taken back its 2 wet-leased A320 for the routes. Qantas has abandoned its plan for 3K to be its Asian feeder and is putting its money on BL (hence its re-branding, expanding intl' to Siem Reap, BKK, SIN and leasing A320s from JQ). Qantas' CEO announced that the creation of 3K was "a mistake".

3K's situation is quite sad really; it has a really good financial report card and access to routes not accessible to Tiger, but its parent has no intention of building it up or selling it off to another company who would. Qantas just wants to cling on to it, so no one else can.