MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
M. Sofian H.

9M-FYA & 9M-FYB on charter to Banda Acheh

unofficial flight to banda acheh from subang

huhu fy become choice on charter service?

Flight : Firefly 9M-FYA & 9M-FYA

to: BTJ

Date: 11/10/2008

Hasan Tiro arrives in Aceh, thousands flock to greet

The Jakarta Post | Sat, 10/11/2008 11:53 AM | Headlines

Former leader of Free Aceh Movement Hasan Di Tiro has arrived in Aceh where he would meet friends and family members whom he had left for nearly 30 years.

Tiro led the separatist movement in exile in Stockholm, Sweden, for 25 years until he signed a peace agreement with the government in Helsinki, Finland, in August 2005.

He arrived in Sultan Iskandar Muda airport at 11.25 Saturday accompanied by 140 people from Malaysia using a Firefly Airlines, a Malaysian government state owned airline.

Thousands of people flock from various parts of Aceh and gather at the most sacred site in the province, the Baiturrahman Mosque, where they would meet and greet their beloved leader, Hasan Tiro.

Many stores in the city of Banda Aceh are closed as the owners are going to the mosque to pay their respect to Hasan.

Prior to arrived in Aceh, Hasan Tiro was in Malaysia for a week meeting political supporters, friends and representatives of the Indonesian government. During his stay in Kuala Lumpur, he was accompanied by figures who were involved in the peace negotiations between the Indonesian government and GAM in Helsinki.

The peace deal between the Indonesian government with GAM was sealed after Aceh was devastated by tsunami in December 2004 and helped brokered by former Finland president Martti Ahtisaari who on Friday announced as winner of this year’s Nobel Peace Prize. (and)

Indonesian Version

BANDA ACEH--MI: Kedatangan Teungku Hasan Muhammad di Tiro ke Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam (NAD) disambut sekitar 100 ribu warga di halaman Masjid Raya Baiturrahman, Banda Aceh, Sabtu (11/10). Dalam pidatonya, ia menegaskan perjuangan melalui jalur politik harus dilakukan.

Massa yang berdatangan sejak Kamis (9/10) dari berbagai kabupaten/kota di Aceh hanya untuk melihat pimpinan Gerakan Aceh Merdeka (GAM).

Rombongan Hasan Tiro tiba di bandara Internasional Sultan Iskandar Muda, Banda Aceh, dengan menggunakan dua pesawat milik penerbangan Malaysia, yaitu Fire Fly nomor penerbangan 9M-FY A dan Fire Fly nomor penerbangan 9M-FY B.

Puluhan mantan aktivis GAM yang selama ini menetap di berbagai negara juga ikut bersama rombongan dengan menggunakan pesawat lainnya yakni Fire Fly nomor penerbangan 9M-FY A.

Rombongan pengikutnya itu mendarat lebih awal yakni sikitar pukul 10.55 Wib. Sedangkan Hasan Tiro sendiri yang menggunakan pesawat Fire Fly 9M-FY B, mendarat sekitar pukul 11.30 Wib.

Tiro bertolak dari bandara Subang Airport, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, bersama rombongan diataranya mantan juru runding RI, Fariz Husin, Zainal Abidin, mantan Panglima GAM Muzakir Manaf, mantan Menteri Pertahanan Zakaria Saman, mantan Perdana Menteri Malik Mahmud, pembantu Khusus Hasan Tiro Muzakir Abdul Hamid, dan Gubernur NAD Irwandi Yusuf yang beberapa hari sebelumnya mennjemput ke Kuala Lumpur.

Saat turun dari tangga pesawat Tiro, melambaikan tangan kepada wartawan yang sedang membidik lensa kameranya ke arah pesawat. Lelaki berusia 83 tahun itu dituntun oleh Malik Mahmud dan satu orang lainnya.

Ketika menginjak kakinya di tanah dia langsung melakukan sujud syukur di atas landasan bandara yang telah digelar sajadah oleh Zakaria Saman.

here the picture

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

h3.jpg

h4a.jpg

I saw it yesterday afternoon at tv news and local newspaper report but only one FY fleet I saw at Acheh..I thought it was flight as normal flight since I saw FY start promote SZB - Banda Acheh route..

Emm I left my footstep and finger print at 18A, FYB less than 12 hours after they left the plane..hehehe.. :p

The Firefly ATR-72 can be clearly seen on BBC World. Very good publicity.

Some Charter flights have a non-disclosure clause built into the contract, normally required by the Charterer.

Edited by Nik H.

Wow, this is another charter flight worth covering.

30 years in exile. Like the saying A man's rebel is another man's hero. Selamat pulang bapak. Semoga Acheh terus aman dan makmur, InsyaAllah

News reports stated 30,000 people waited for their hero at the small airport, and another 100,000 converge at the famous Baiturahman Mosque for him official welcoming.

Achenese in my neighbourhood in Damansara (mostly are small traders, but very well off) and back in Kedah (mostly farmers) are as excited by his return as well as new flights to Banda Acheh from KUL (AK) and PEN (FY).

Edited by Fitri Shukri

Nanggröe Aceh Darussalam needs both political stability and economic progress. Wishing the Acehnese all the best. They need all the help they could get.

For more insight pls see my recent January trip there:

http://travel.nuraina.com/ ----> look under "2008 > Jan 11-13"

... and also a blog of a friend who spent 11 mths in Banda Aceh on reconstruction work:

http://www.howard-aceh.blogspot.com/

^^Darussalam?? hehehe

Yup, the ori 'Darussalam' before it was also adopted by that place in Borneo. :)

Is this charter the reason FY flight TGG-SZB Sunday nite was cancelled and passengers transferred to MH? My wife was affected and she was fuming (see HERE). Instead of SZB, 15min away from home, she had to use KUL, 50min away! :)

Is this charter the reason FY flight TGG-SZB Sunday nite was cancelled and passengers transferred to MH? My wife was affected and she was fuming (see HERE). Instead of SZB, 15min away from home, she had to use KUL, 50min away! :)

Naim, I just read your wife's blog entry on this. In response to her question, if the ticket explicitly stated SZB as the destination, and not just Kuala Lumpur, then I strongly believe that she has valid grounds to get compensation for the cost of her taxi, time waiting for a taxi to be available and additional time spent in the taxi to get to home vs what it would have taken her if she had landed at SZB. The ticket/ or e-kt print-out should serve as the legal contract, as well as the Terms of Carriage that you get to acknowledge before purchasing the ticket.

I would suggest you write a letter to the management together with an invoice for the above expenses. You may want to state that you have not charged them for the hassle that one has to go through but merely teh direct costs and time involved. Ideally, FY should have provided each affected pax with a coupon for the KUL taxi equivalent in value for a trip between KUL and SZB, as they owe a duty to provide transportation to the contracted destination, as per ticket.

If I were your wife, I would love to take this up just to teach the management a lesson or two about not taking for granted the rights of the customer, and for pretending not to know the hassles that one went through. If there is no response from Eddy, the CEO, then the next stop will be the Consumer Courts - and they are very very sympathetic to the man-on-the-street versus the corporate giant. And, you can even request for damages for the hassle and difficulties, mental anguish plus +18% p.a. (like a credit card charge) interest (from date of incident until date of award) on the overall amount (which you may want to give away, if you wish) - up to a max MYR25,000.

Naim, I just read your wife's blog entry on this. In response to her question, if the ticket explicitly stated SZB as the destination, and not just Kuala Lumpur, then I strongly believe that she has valid grounds to get compensation for the cost of her taxi, time waiting for a taxi to be available and additional time spent in the taxi to get to home vs what it would have taken her if she had landed at SZB. The ticket/ or e-kt print-out should serve as the legal contract, as well as the Terms of Carriage that you get to acknowledge before purchasing the ticket.

Thanks for the pointers, bro, we might take this one up. Btw she's doing another TGG-SZB run with FY this Sunday night; let's see if she ends up at KUL again!

This turned out to be a great publicity for FY as they are starting BTJ soon. I remmeber when i was in Bandar Aceh, the locals there including my relatives look high towards AK for 'connecting' them to KUL. They see A320 as a superb aircraft!

Sign in to follow this