MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Guest Captain_Lum

QUALIFICATION TO BECOME A STUDENT/PILOT

Guest Captain_Lum

Im a newbie here,so Im terribly sorry if I posted this at the wrong section but I hope you seniors can help me.Well,as I mentioned on my description,what is the minimum qualification to become a student or a pilot in Malaysia? I will be sitting for SPM this November and Im desperate on knowing the answer for my question.I hope you guys can give me the best answer without dissapointing me.Thanks! :)

well..if u wanna join cadet,

MAS n AirAsia

either

Passed SPM (or its equivalent that is recognized by the Malaysian Government) with at least A2 in English and Mathematics and B3 in Physics taken at one sitting. (Those from the Arts stream should have at least an A2 in General Science); or

Possess a Diploma/Degree in Engineering or Science-related disciplines with CGPA 3.0 and above and at SPM level scored at least a B4 in the subjects mentioned above taken in one sitting.

if you are interested in flying school, 5 credits including a science subject in SPM will do..

correct me if iam wrong

ok..but how bout if he goes to flight training by own (private) and succecful graduate it in the training..is't still required/important bout the result..SPM even already got ATPL or valid license?

ok..but how bout if he goes to flight training by own (private) and succecful graduate it in the training..is't still required/important bout the result..SPM even already got ATPL or valid license?

You are right. I'm a self sponsored student. Upon joining MAS, they still want to see my SPM result despite the ATPL and the result should be like the cadet entry requirement. Anyway, airlines can change their requirement overnight when there's really a shortage or if they just start up and desperate. :pardon:

Captain Lum, i thought you are Captain already? <_>

Please PM the administrator to change your name.

Shiver me timbers...

Guest Captain_Lum
Captain Lum, i thought you are Captain already? <_< <_<

:( Im just a newbie here and this was my first post :( Dont be so mean to me *sobs* :(

MAS n AirAsia

either

Passed SPM (or its equivalent that is recognized by the Malaysian Government) with at least A2 in English and Mathematics and B3 in Physics taken at one sitting. (Those from the Arts stream should have at least an A2 in General Science); or

Possess a Diploma/Degree in Engineering or Science-related disciplines with CGPA 3.0 and above and at SPM level scored at least a B4 in the subjects mentioned above taken in one sitting.

if you are interested in flying school, 5 credits including a science subject in SPM will do..

correct me if iam wrong

I see.What if I get a credit for my Mathematics but B for my Physics or the opposite? It happened before on my previous exam.For some reason,over confident kills lol.. Anyway,I just want to know the result of my question.Do reply thanks.Credits to join the cadet? Which means if I successfully join a cadet (with credits) in the future,it doesn't mean I can take license for commercial piloting right? Then whats the point joining the cadet? I know you have tons of answers for this so do hit me with it since I wanna know more about flying schools and such.Thanks! :)

dear captain lum, go and ask captain lim!!! :yahoo: he had answered alot of questions regarding ur topic and u can ask him/read/research at www.askcaptainlim.com :good: :clapping: hope that helps

http://askcaptainlim.com/content/view/659/68/ mas cadet stuff

http://askcaptainlim.com/content/category/5/48/68/ ppl`s q n a on becoming a pilot

go through the site, i know there are heaps more info

Edited by Ken Yen Yim

:( Im just a newbie here and this was my first post :( Dont be so mean to me *sobs* :(

I see.What if I get a credit for my Mathematics but B for my Physics or the opposite? It happened before on my previous exam.For some reason,over confident kills lol.. Anyway,I just want to know the result of my question.Do reply thanks.Credits to join the cadet? Which means if I successfully join a cadet (with credits) in the future,it doesn't mean I can take license for commercial piloting right? Then whats the point joining the cadet? I know you have tons of answers for this so do hit me with it since I wanna know more about flying schools and such.Thanks! :)

The requirement is there. If you succeed as a MAS/AK cadet, then just enjoy the ride until you become an airline pilot.

If they don't want to train you as a pilot, they wont bother take you into the cadet scheme in the first place.

If you join on your own, your SPM result might hunt you when you looking for job, do good in flying school and they might consider you.

As for people get angry with you, the regulation stated that one must provide his real name in this forum.

Just PM the administrator for name change and join the fun here. :drinks:

you need approval frm DCA in order to commence CPL/IR courses..and tat;s about SPM result too :)

Guest Captain_Lum
The requirement is there. If you succeed as a MAS/AK cadet, then just enjoy the ride until you become an airline pilot.

If they don't want to train you as a pilot, they wont bother take you into the cadet scheme in the first place.

If you join on your own, your SPM result might hunt you when you looking for job, do good in flying school and they might consider you.

As for people get angry with you, the regulation stated that one must provide his real name in this forum.

Just PM the administrator for name change and join the fun here. :drinks:

Thanks for the answer.Its precisely what I wanted to hear and thanks for telling me in a more gentle way.Im new in this forum so I dont know the "rules" around here.Anyway,Ill PM the Administrator to change my name if you tell me how lol.Anyway,Lum is my name but Captain isnt my title so,its not full fake afterall but oh well,since people here take things seriously,I do respect their suggestion.Thanks for everything mate.Really appreciate your and everyone's help.Thank you guys..

MAS n AirAsia

either

correct me if iam wrong

Can be a pilot meh if i take up Art stream? If can i wanna change my choice lo..

Guest Captain_Lum
Can be a pilot meh if i take up Art stream? If can i wanna change my choice lo..

Yes and if you have the chance to join Science,do not waste it.Thats my opinion.

Haa,you see...The admin is already got his headache,better PM him to change your name here.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Guest Captain_Lum
How come u wanna be a pilot if simple instruction also u cant follow :nea:

I want the answers to be more detail and I already found someone who can tell me everything in one nice piece.Thank you.

I want the answers to be more detail and I already found someone who can tell me everything in one nice piece.Thank you.

dear capt lum, please follow the instructions and don create any tension here. some of these guys here might be ur future instructor/captain when u make it to the airlines. i believe some of them were kind enough to answer ur questions. so please do as told. thank you.

p.s. i think u need to do more research than just sitting and asking others and expecting them to tell u what u wanna hear n how u wanna hear it

Hi Capt, Why dont you fly with me for a few rounds in Subang, feel some G's, see if this is what you want. Il let you try the controls, and maybe help answer some of your questions if you like.

Let me know.

Captain Lum, i thought you are Captain already? <_>

Also the ability to read and to follow instructions.Period

Oi captain lum ! we want your real name lah , not change it to Pilot wannabe ... driving me crazy man !

Haa,you see...The admin is already got his headache,better PM him to change your name here.

How come u wanna be a pilot if simple instruction also u cant follow :nea:

Is it so difficult to give your real name to the Administrator ? :angry:

Please follow the rules; a real captain should always follow instructions, and that includes you, CAPTAIN LUM !!!

Hi Capt, Why dont you fly with me for a few rounds in Subang, feel some G's, see if this is what you want. Il let you try the controls, and maybe help answer some of your questions if you like.

Let me know.

don`t forget 0 g..steep climb n rapid desnt till u feel like floating n knock head on canopy..ohhh feels like astronaut for that few secnds

lol. if he can't follow a simple instruction how is he going to be one? It is just simple rules laid down ever since the forum started.