MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Y. J. Foo

AirAsia X's IFE discussed

Just got a local PC magazine which features an interview regarding AirAsia X's IFE with CEO Azran Osman Rani.

Among the highlights are:

-a touch-screen based IFE rather than handset-based, because, it is said the handset often gone missing!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

-IM on the plane

-USB ports to recharge device and possibly sell songs and movies.

Just got a local PC magazine which features an interview regarding AirAsia X's IFE with CEO Azran Osman Rani.

Among the highlights are:

-a touch-screen based IFE rather than handset-based, because, it is said the handset often gone missing!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

-IM on the plane

-USB ports to recharge device and possibly sell songs and movies.

i may not be a frequent traveller, but travel often... and never come across a "missing handset"... and who would take the handset... its not usable at home... not unless one thinks it would make a nice souvenir? :pardon: :blink:

Edited by Dennis S.

i took it from Qantas. hahaha. when there is 3 at my seat. used 1 and take home 2. haha

I think u meant headphones or ear piece or headset : The thing with which you use to listen to the sound coming from the IFE? If you can, its a good idea to keep one as some LCCs charge for it!

i may not be a frequent traveller, but travel often... and never come across a "missing handset"... and who would take the handset... its not usable at home... not unless one thinks it would make a nice souvenir? :pardon: :blink:

I think 'missing' handset or controller doesnt mean that someone cut away the wires and took the controller away, but rather that the controller would often fall down inbetween the seats, making it difficult to retrieve. Hence making it 'missing' to the passenger on that seat?

Yes reyneo. Thats the one i took it. i have 2 of it.

I wonder can i use it on MH B737's flight? as they dont provide it for domestic flight.

I was flying back on board AK flight last week and somebody was watching DVD on their own portable player. Then I thought, why not rent DVD with portable player on board.

I was flying back on board AK flight last week and somebody was watching DVD on their own portable player. Then I thought, why not rent DVD with portable player on board.

If so, then how many portable DVD should AirAsia prepare?

I think it might be a lot a lot...

The current AirAsia X flight that plies the route KUL-OOL-KUL-HGH is using the portable IFE. So it is possible, if they are willing to invest.

AAX%20PMP2.jpg

Kiasu ah you?

I don't think you understand the world "kiasu" at all. The word "kiasu" is from Hokkien and means fear of losing.

this is what we called investment as mentioned by Azri.

or they can put limited units onboard or make it pre-booked. :pardon:

i believe this will cost less for TF from installing PTV on each seats.

Sign in to follow this