MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Aiman

Ipoh(WMKI) Spotting

PM to Ipoh next Sunday(18th October 2009), rumoured that he will be using the S-70 Blackhawk.

Nice Aiman...thanks for sharing...i was to be there 5yrs ago...hehehe..

btw, bila hang nak turun aloq staq pulak? (pieter: AOR next?)

I balik kampung (Pieter: going back to hometown) over the weekend. Went to spotting at WMKI for the first time to catch the only scheduled flight into Ipoh. Aircraft arrived earlier than schedule thus no landing shots and it departed on time too. I guess I shouldn't worry too much about my flight back to SIN city tomorrow. B)

Waiting for pax to board.

9M-FYB_WMKI_031109.jpg

WMKI airport terminal overview with limestone hills and main range in the background. This airport has some pretty interesting instrument approaches because of its location in Kinta Valley.

airport_WMKI_031109-4.jpg

DCA Ipoh - WMKI control tower.

tower_WMKI_031109-4.jpg

Take-off roll. The fence!! :angry:

9M-FYB_WMKI_031109-2.jpg

Climbing. Some interesting houses in the background.

9M-FYB_WMKI_031109-3.jpg

Gear up!

9M-FYB_WMKI_031109-4.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers.

kianhong, can buy the house there :D

with a rear balcony added? :rofl:

anyone will at IPH by end of Nov till early Dec?

anyone will at IPH by end of Nov till early Dec?

on that month, Ipoh weather could be "grey sky in morning" and afternoon-evening is confirm thunderstorm there.

Weather not suitable for spotting I guess.

Asialink Cargo Express will start flying between Ipoh and Singapore using their Fokker F27 on 16 June 2010. 2 flights per week - Wednesdays & Fridays.

Edited by MIR

Hi Vic ... yeah I am currently holidaying in Ipoh. I have no idea what's ETA of this Asialink F27 as she has been doing BTH-SIN-BTH all this while.

I will monitor SIN departure flight board tomorrow and hope she will be on-time on this inaugural.

Hi Vic ... yeah I am currently holidaying in Ipoh. I have no idea what's ETA of this Asialink F27 as she has been doing BTH-SIN-BTH all this while.

I will monitor SIN departure flight board tomorrow and hope she will be on-time on this inaugural.

I might be near IPH on Wed/Thu/Fri...

I might be near IPH on Wed/Thu/Fri...

Am back in IPH as well.

Kian Hong, did you manage to find out the ETA ?

Update :

I've got in touch with a representative from Asialink, apparently the flight has been postponed to first week of July due to "some unresolved issues with the Ministry". I guess better luck for me next time. <_>

Nothing shown up on the departure flight board yet.

Btw there's a Cirrus appreciation event on the 19th at Integrated Flight Training organized by Wing over Asia.

Arrrggghhh.....I'll be in Shanghai then. Are you going ? Have fun if you are. :)

Update :

I've got in touch with a representative from Asialink, apparently the flight has been postponed to first week of July due to "some unresolved issues with the Ministry". I guess better luck for me next time. <_>

From ipohecho.com.my:

Hardly two weeks after it was announced, the launching of the direct Ipoh-Singapore all-cargo flight was postponed “indefinitely” and, perhaps may even to be called off.

According to a source, the Transport Ministry had issued the approval for the direct all-cargo flight, but the condition is that cargo can be brought in but no cargo can be flown out of Ipoh.

Under such a condition, the operator Asialink Cargo Express (ACE) may not find it viable to operate the all-cargo flight.

Edited by MIR

And what is this Ministry thinking about?! Some warlord tribe they are?! Totally nonsense!! :finger:

When I spoke to the Asialink reps, I sensed the frustration dealing with the so-called Ministry. :sorry:

MIR

Many thanks for posting the picture confirming the Albatross M35-01 is still there. It must have arrived sometime between February and Novemeber 2003.

I wonder what other aircraft are inside the TUDM school.

Geoff

Geoff, i found a better photo of the Albatross on Flickr. Click here

Edited by MIR

United States Navy C-40B (166693) arrived yesterday as 'Convoy 7162'. Seems quite a number of C-40 and C-37 visited Malaysia for the past few months.

Edited by MIR

Expect active USN, USMC and USGC aircraft movements till end of next week due to Exercise CARAT 2012.

The C-40B (166693) of USN Fleet Logistics Support Squadron 57 (VR-57) which came to Ipoh on 12/06 departed to U-Tapao on the same day after a quick drop-off. The last time a C-40 visited Ipoh was in November 2008 (165835) also from USN VR-57